PDA

View Full Version : Game crashes every time

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 06:10 PM
I've just changed my graphics card to GeForce FX 5200 and installed DX 9.0b and Ghost Recon crashes back to desktop and after clicking ok, kernel32 crashes, too.

My computer specs are:

AMD AthlonXP 1600+ 1,4 Ghz
GeForceFX 5200
512 MB RAM
Integrated sound & net adapter

Now I'd be curious to know if there would be a patch or a fix of some kind for this?

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 06:10 PM
I've just changed my graphics card to GeForce FX 5200 and installed DX 9.0b and Ghost Recon crashes back to desktop and after clicking ok, kernel32 crashes, too.

My computer specs are:

AMD AthlonXP 1600+ 1,4 Ghz
GeForceFX 5200
512 MB RAM
Integrated sound & net adapter

Now I'd be curious to know if there would be a patch or a fix of some kind for this?

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 10:21 PM
To Sn4k3r,

Tell us what CD's of the game you have and what you are patched too. Did the game run Ok before you installed DirectX9.0b? Is the game a bundled version you got with a graphics card or is it a boxed set like the gold edition? Please post your dxdiag.

Dxdiag

start/run/ type in dxdiag click ok/ when it has finished loading/system tab/ down the bottom click SAVE ALL INFORMATIOM to desktop/copy and paste that in the forums.

Copy/Paste

You may know how to do this already, so overlook it if you do.

To copy/paste left click the left mouse button and while holding the left mouse button down drag it to the left then up the page until every word is highlighted. Then on any part of the highlighted words right click and a little window pops up and with the left mouse button click COPY.

Now come to the forums and place your thread for your problem and in the white space, right click the mouse button and another small window pops up. With the left mouse button click the word PASTE and your dxdiag is copy/pasted

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 05:49 PM
no patches, just the base install. I had DX8.0 when I tried it and now DX9.0b so pasting my DX won't really help much at all.

I bought the English Verion of Ghost Recon a long time ago from a local games dealer.

Oh, and I'm running Win98SE, if it matters at all?

Message Edited on 08/18/0304:50PM by Sn4k3r

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 02:50 AM
To Sn4k3r,

Without your dxdiag we can't see if there are conflicts with your system and game.

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 12:34 PM
Can't you say anything about the compatibility between Ghost Recon and the GeForceFX series since last time I tried it I had Riva TNT2 and it worked and the only thing changed since then is the 3D-card.

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 01:17 PM
To Sn4k3r,

If I cant have your dxdiag then follow the below uninstall and reinstall of the game and turn of your antivirus software when installing.

GR Uninstall

First of go to your add/remove program and uninstall GR/UBI and then follow below and delete the GR/UBI folders

1-start/all programs/accessories/windows explorer/my computer/local disk(c)/program files/red storm entertainment

2-start/all programs/accessories/windows explorer/my computer/local disk(c)/program files/UBI.com

To start from scratch uninstall all of GR and UBI and at your own risk do this but first back it up.

(1) start/run and type this: regedit and press ok

Up the top click file/export and on the pop up window down the bottom where it says (save as type) click the drop down arrow and click on ALL FILES. Then select your location and save.

repeat step (1)

1- hkey_current_user/software look for any red storm entertainment folders and delete along with any UBI soft folders

now do this:

2- hkey_local_machine/software look for red storm entertainment folders and delete along with any UBI soft and UBI soft entertainment folders and delete

now do this:

3- hkey_LocalMachine/ software/ Microsoft/ windows/ current version/ uninstall directory there should be a folder here named "{D89EF3B3-6F17-4665-B7A9-A4235A6DC787}" with some Ghost Recon info in it so delete only the ghost recon related info.