PDA

View Full Version : Will Pandora Tomorrow lag?

Wasilji_Zaitsev
03-09-2004, 03:55 AM
Hi folks,

I have DSL, and i was wondering. With games like Counterstrike i can only host for 4-6 people, otherwise it will turn into a lag-fest. But SC:PT is gonna be 2 vs. 2, that are only four players so will i be able to host a server by myself? Or do we have to rent servers from hosting-companies? Can someone explain if it is possible 2 host a lag-free server(with DSL). Thanks in advance.

Wasilji Zaitsev

"It's good that war is so terrible, otherwise mankind would make a hobby of it."

Wasilji_Zaitsev
03-09-2004, 03:55 AM
Hi folks,

I have DSL, and i was wondering. With games like Counterstrike i can only host for 4-6 people, otherwise it will turn into a lag-fest. But SC:PT is gonna be 2 vs. 2, that are only four players so will i be able to host a server by myself? Or do we have to rent servers from hosting-companies? Can someone explain if it is possible 2 host a lag-free server(with DSL). Thanks in advance.

Wasilji Zaitsev

"It's good that war is so terrible, otherwise mankind would make a hobby of it."

FN57
03-09-2004, 04:48 AM
well, you could host a game, and there wont be as muhc lag, but it would be betetr for you if you joined a server with a faster conection.

http://server6.uploadit.org/files/FNPhil-FNweapons.jpg

LlQUIDsnip3r
03-09-2004, 05:06 AM
think about it though people 2 vs 2? cant be that much lag unless u got a real ****y connection

http://www.boomspeed.com/xmidevilx/eminemLtm.gif

Crazy_Frezi
03-09-2004, 05:56 AM
Actually, it's all about RAM memory and UPLOAD speed. DSL should manage holding 4 players WHEN YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE 4 PLAYERS, meaning u host 3. More then that - laggy. <- That, I tell you by my expirience with other net games (I've hosted UT 3 players, CS 3 players, in 2x2 games as I'm one of the players... BTW 1 more, hosting 4 at a time is LAGGY!). Dont forget SCPT features in game talking progy, which might break what I wrote above.

Wasilji_Zaitsev
03-09-2004, 07:57 AM
Ok thanks comrades!

Wasilji Zaitsev