PDA

View Full Version : That's a first (I think it's something that shouldn't happen)

uru_ghost
01-17-2004, 12:49 PM
Second time playing Uru Live, first time went great, no errors or bugs.
This time I logged into my account, UruExplorer opened and a few loading bars completed. Then nothing happened, just a black screen, and the mouse is behaving wierd too; once getting out of some boudries in the screen it immediately returns to the center of the screen.
I tried this 3 times, and every time the screen went blank. I'd like ot add that each of these Uru ran an update.

uru_ghost
01-17-2004, 12:49 PM
Second time playing Uru Live, first time went great, no errors or bugs.
This time I logged into my account, UruExplorer opened and a few loading bars completed. Then nothing happened, just a black screen, and the mouse is behaving wierd too; once getting out of some boudries in the screen it immediately returns to the center of the screen.
I tried this 3 times, and every time the screen went blank. I'd like ot add that each of these Uru ran an update.

Huela
01-17-2004, 12:54 PM
That cursor replacement is normal in that beginning screen. I've seen that since the beginning. Wait a bit at that screen, you should eventually get started, although some have reported that they've locked up. I'd wait at least 10 minutes before giving up.

KI 01025109 Atrus
KI 00220989 Katran

D-Lanor
01-17-2004, 01:00 PM
True. Not sure why it happens, but the client will download the update again if you did not successfully complete the startup process. Maybe a client-server synchronization thing?

D'Lanor
Katran KI# 00072323

uru_ghost
01-17-2004, 01:01 PM
It has been more than 15 minutes since I activated the gaem and it is still frozen in black...

Almlys
01-17-2004, 01:24 PM
If you have black screen problems, first try the windowed mode and see what happens.

(firewall asking permissions for example....)

Almlys
In cavern: Al'my

Guild Of Greeters member.
Shift: Sunday 14:00-16:00 GMT
Languages: Spanish, English and Catalan

uru_ghost
01-17-2004, 02:06 PM
Nope, windowed mode doesn't change a thing...
I also tried switching to update all the ages at once, didn't work either...

hogarth...
01-17-2004, 02:53 PM
Atrus access is broken for now. You'll have to log on to Katran.

SilentObserver
01-17-2004, 04:16 PM
Unfortunately, right now Katran (probably due to massive overload with everyone who normally plays on Atrus trying to get in) won't let me authenticate from UruSetup. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

On Katran as Image Maker
KI # 00133293

I may be a scwewy wabbit, but I'm not going to Alcatwaz!
-- E. J. Fudd, 1954