PDA

View Full Version : I cant throw spear. need help

kin__3
06-30-2016, 03:58 PM
I am playing on a PC. I use a mouse and a Razer RBweaver game pad. I can't throw the spear all I get is a thrust.
When I shoot the arrow I use left mouse button by pushing and holding to aim then release the said button to fire. But it doesn't work with a spear.
Any ideas on how to correct this problem.

kin__3
07-01-2016, 04:50 PM
I finally figured it out. Hold LMB, click RMB, release, (spear moves into throwing position) click LMB.

Not good for quick action but good for once before I am noticed.

Lysette88
12-04-2016, 09:28 PM
Hm, the mechanism works differently dependent on if you have chosen the aiming to be a toggle-able or a hold-able action. I use the one which is by default "hold", while means I press and hold the right mouse button and I will throw the spear as soon as I press the left mouse button. It sounds like you have chosen the "toggle" option, where it behaves like you described it. Using the default "hold" option is faster in combat.

the "hold" option is as well better when you command your beast, where you have to press the aim (right mouse) button before you assign a target to your beast. in the "toggle" version you would not immediately return to normal, but your spear would be readied to be thrown and you might unwillingly throw it and eventually even hit your beast, which will run towards the location you had just assigned to it.