PDA

View Full Version : Fairly straightforward CS HM walkthrough

Ca6allo Blanco
06-21-2016, 10:08 PM
Just in case anyone is having issues with those pesky Rikers, I thought I'd pop this here.

We seem to have cracked a fairly straightforward way to speed run this (about 10-15 minutes depending on the team. You'll need a 4 piece tactician user with Smart Cover and Overheal, plus someone tanky with pulse + overheal (350k+ toughness?). Everyone else carry overhaul plus at least one pulse. GS 200 should be plenty, though i can see this working with lower scored players.

Smart cover usage is key here, combined with the pulse to ensure that players can melt through the first part and keep on top of the mobs once in the circle. So, the plan:

We'll assume that you've cleared the initial entrance and are about to enter the Circle. The tactician plus the two generalists head left, hugging the outside of the route (the buses) for as long as possible until you are either spotted, or (with a bit of luck) you reach the photo booth. Everyone climbs up and hunkers down with the smart cover in action and plenty of overheals/pulses being dropped to keep on top of the mobs. The main purpose of this is to draw all of the agro over to the left hand side of the map, and of course to stay alive while the tank does his/her job

Once the team are on top of the booth and being all noisy, the tank will have headed right on the outside of the circle and be ready to climb over the bus to access the circle. They'll drop pulse to check the coast is clear and make a beeline for the first fuse. All enemies should be clear and much more interested in the noisy crew on the other side of the map. You might get spotted by the mortar and the chopper turret (use survivor link if so, combined with overhaul if necessary) but getting the fuse to the required location should be fairly straightforward.

After the tank has sorted the first fuse, head away from the action and loop back round to the second fuse. Their may be one or two riders to dispatch, but again, the noisy crew should be keeping the vast majority occupied. the tank then picks up the second fuse, takes the short walk to it's location and then doubles back to use the laptop.

Once done, the tank joins up with everyone else on the top of the booth. There'll be a couple of heavies to drop first, but once their out of the way, keep plugging away at the boss, survivor link, overheal, pulse and special round the guy until he drops, at which point you should be golden.

Then it's just a question of mop up.

Hope this helps anyone who's having issues, it makes the mobs more controllable and makes the fusebox work a much less messy affair.

Peace out and happy hunting.

Ezilyamuz3d
06-21-2016, 10:16 PM
That's pretty much how most people do it.

Staying alive on top of the booth is not easy as you make it sound, however. Depends a great deal on the group/gear/stats.

killer5x5
06-21-2016, 10:36 PM
All just run up to left fuse, pop Surv link, booster shot as needed in the path of fuse carrier, pop in fuse. Rinse and repeat for right side, kill boss get loot=done. 15 mins MAX with pubs

Ca6allo Blanco
06-21-2016, 10:37 PM
Yeah, I might have overstated the simplicity slightly. I tend to be the tank so I don't really see what the damage is like over there for the other guys.

That being said, if you can get it to click, it tends to work stupidly well as an approach doesn't it?

Any idea if the same thing works on CM? I haven't tried it yet.

Ca6allo Blanco
06-21-2016, 10:40 PM
All just run up to left fuse, pop Surv link, booster shot as needed in the path of fuse carrier, pop in fuse. Rinse and repeat for right side, kill boss get loot=done. 15 mins MAX with pubs

Have done it that way in the past. But it seems a lot more messy. Also, it's always possible to run out of survivor links. The smart cover keeps the damage levels at a more manageable rate, and it's easier to focus fire in terms of calling out targets etc.

Different strokes for different folks though, whatever gets the job done.

zknight4
06-21-2016, 11:09 PM
HM is so easy. They literally do no damage while smart cover is up. I don't even think SC is necessary tbh. Everyone can just go for the box and pop heals/triage it through. Some gas seeker mines to buy time. It's a breeze.

CM requires some preparation and communication.

The_Quieter
06-22-2016, 12:06 AM
CS HM can be done just by DPS blasting your way through it as long as people have some sense and don't go in with low stam/high armor.

CS CM on the other hand requires some significant care and some people running very specific builds and skills. Smart Cover from a high skill power character is basically a must and people must do this "strange" thing like actually take advantage of it.

Seriously. No idea why people are so hard up to line up their perfect shot that they leave smart cover. If you can't shoot anything from your current spot, just hunker down and wait.

Ezilyamuz3d
06-23-2016, 12:16 AM
Yeah, I might have overstated the simplicity slightly. I tend to be the tank so I don't really see what the damage is like over there for the other guys.

That being said, if you can get it to click, it tends to work stupidly well as an approach doesn't it?

Any idea if the same thing works on CM? I haven't tried it yet.

yes, i've had it smooth at times, but also i've been in pugs where they just can't stay alive.. hard to manage mobs when you spend half the time reviving... very frustrating.

another strange this is that most of the time if i have overheal and smartcover up, mortars barely do damage most of the times, yet every once in awhile I get folded in one shot despite having smart cover/overheal.