PDA

View Full Version : Which game, newbie help.

XyZspineZyX
12-08-2003, 08:25 PM
I played the original RB6 a long time ago. Recently ridded myself of the addiction known as Everquest and am looking at playing one of the newer versions of the Clancy family.

I have DL'd RB6-3 (I think its Raven Shield) and also the Ghost Recon demo. I noticed a few other titles such as Sum of all Fears and Rogue Spear.

What are the primary differences in the games? And if I told you what I enjoyed most about my original experiences with RB6 was the online free for all matches and team matches in maps such as "airport" and "a bridge to far" which game might best suite me.

Any feed back would be appreciated.

Bschdt

XyZspineZyX
12-08-2003, 08:25 PM
I played the original RB6 a long time ago. Recently ridded myself of the addiction known as Everquest and am looking at playing one of the newer versions of the Clancy family.

I have DL'd RB6-3 (I think its Raven Shield) and also the Ghost Recon demo. I noticed a few other titles such as Sum of all Fears and Rogue Spear.

What are the primary differences in the games? And if I told you what I enjoyed most about my original experiences with RB6 was the online free for all matches and team matches in maps such as "airport" and "a bridge to far" which game might best suite me.

Any feed back would be appreciated.

Bschdt

XyZspineZyX
12-08-2003, 08:40 PM
Well, it depends on what you are looking for. Raven Shield, like the previous Rainbow Six games focuses on slower, more tactical CQB (close quarters combat) rather than more "open," fast-paced, and longer-ranged combat. If you are looking for a game with a more open feeling and a bit more speed, then Ghost Recon would probably suit you best. Sum of All Fears is somewhat of a cross between Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon, but doesn't have as many multiplayer participants. Hope this helps!

BulletTooth

Casey 'BulletTooth' Keefe
<font color="#319A00">Community Manager - Tom Clancy</font>

XyZspineZyX
12-09-2003, 12:02 AM
just get raven shield and ya won't look back /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Respect To All

TheSaint006
(AKA - DarkAgent)