PDA

View Full Version : PS2 SCPT: Jakarta Part 3...Need help *Warning: Spoilers for those who have not played*

Matareisen
06-29-2004, 02:31 AM
i've run into a rather frustrating problem in the third part of the TV Station where you need to navigate around the minefield set near the radar dishes with the searchlights and the sniper. i don't mind killing the sniper and his corpse in the tower's shadow does not present a problem. What i find quite annoying is the fact that your position can be compromised whenever lightning strikes while you're out crawling in the open even though you are not actually caught in the beam of the searchlight and the sniper is dead. Also, I was under the impression that those searchlights were automated meaning you could only be detected whenever you were caught in the beam or by another security measure like the sniper on the tower if you did not kill him. Perhaps God is with Sadono with all this lightning business,no? If so, i'm wandering if there is some form of timing in the lightning strikes, though i doubt it or if there is some workaround to this problem.

Matareisen
06-29-2004, 02:31 AM
i've run into a rather frustrating problem in the third part of the TV Station where you need to navigate around the minefield set near the radar dishes with the searchlights and the sniper. i don't mind killing the sniper and his corpse in the tower's shadow does not present a problem. What i find quite annoying is the fact that your position can be compromised whenever lightning strikes while you're out crawling in the open even though you are not actually caught in the beam of the searchlight and the sniper is dead. Also, I was under the impression that those searchlights were automated meaning you could only be detected whenever you were caught in the beam or by another security measure like the sniper on the tower if you did not kill him. Perhaps God is with Sadono with all this lightning business,no? If so, i'm wandering if there is some form of timing in the lightning strikes, though i doubt it or if there is some workaround to this problem.

FXH Reaper
06-29-2004, 01:55 PM
no timing for lightning but after you kill the sniper turn on the thermal to see the mines to your right get as close as posible and keep out of the light climb on the gate and across the mines and run for the satalite dish to hide from the light when it passes run to the gate with the hole in te barbe wire top to get in and swat turn through all the open spacestill you get to the door pic it and vwoola

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v239/SillentAssault/Sig.gif
one shot one kill sniper(+)

myee8
06-29-2004, 08:54 PM
You should be able to shoot the searchlights! I dson't see why this wouldn't be possible in real life. Sure the guards will be alerted when the search lights go off, but at least present it as an option.

http://www.splintercell.com/us/images/downloads/scpt-signature-swatturn.gif

Matareisen
06-30-2004, 04:41 AM
to SA: u mean it's possible to go left and latch onto the fence instead of navigating all the way around the right hand side!? pffft...! I wish i had your optimism

FXH Reaper
06-30-2004, 01:20 PM
ya thats wut i meant i did that after getting home from work

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v239/SillentAssault/sig.gif
one shot one kill sniper(+)