PDA

View Full Version : Completed Clear Sky! Seemed easier than Falcon Lost [Video] Hope it helps

McSherlock
05-30-2016, 08:59 AM
Hi Peeps,

I managed to complete the new incursion much faster than the previous one, its seems just as annoying and required some tactics as the spawning of the NPS gets crazy a points. I managed to do it with a random group. We were 195+ GS which makes a lot of difference, while I was trying to complete it I had a lot of issues with low gear score players, players with no mics, players who didn't keep behind cover, solo players etc the norm.

Its really requires you to keep moving and not get stuck in one place, keep together with your team and its quite manageable.

Here is my first attempts and fails http://bit.ly/1VpziyB

Here is me actually doing it:

Link : http://bit.ly/1OXeJTx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NeQMvLog3Y

Thanks for watching, hope it helps someone

McSherlock
05-30-2016, 09:00 PM
bump

Hellekeen
05-30-2016, 09:16 PM
its actually heavily dependent on the lag you have in your session.. had sessions where i could pump 40 bullets into a Heavy and he wouldnt die or downed him in 6 bullets from the same rifle.. had some runs where we died over and over and couldnt get anything to work inside the circle.. dying in cover and getting instakilled while moving..
and i had runs where i could farm them in under 7 minutes (probably even less)

so if you simply cant do it it MIGHT be just your lag..

besides this: its the same reward you get from the HVT missions.. just one guaranteed green one.. in the 7 runs i did i havent got a single usable item..

FwRudiger
05-30-2016, 09:35 PM
I dont wanna sound like im crapping on your parade but me and my mate did it on our first try in less than 10 mins.

googlebright
05-30-2016, 10:30 PM
I had a lot of trouble with Clear Sky for the first few days. My teams always seemed to get overwhelmed by the adds in the final stage. But then I got into a random group on Friday. Nobody was even using a mic, so I figured I was in for another wipe-fest. But things went surprisingly well. We were breezing through the fuse box parts and then we were able to take down the boss with little interference from the adds. At first I wasn't sure why it was going so well. I then started paying attention to what my teammates were doing. Two of them had the incendiary seeker mine and it was doing a fantastic job of keeping the adds off us for enough time to get the various objectives completed.

I felt kinda stupid afterwards that this strategy hadn't dawned on me already. I remember when Challenging missions were new and everyone was complaining about how hard they were. The answer was always crowd control. Its no different here, you just need tools that can do it on a larger scale. Shock turrets don't cut the mustard in CS, but being able to spread flame over a group of enemies at once made life relatively easy. I imagine flash-bang sticky bombs would be very helpful as well.

So if you are struggling with this incursion I recommend busting out those dusty seeker mines. Other than the snipers and the heavy gunners, you don't really need to kill many of the adds. Just keep them under control and get the objectives completed. Once the boss is down, then you can focus on killing the adds.

Hellekeen
05-31-2016, 12:10 PM
yuo, plus have one skilled sniper at top of the kiosk to pull aggro from the two big guyys and the snipers while you pick them off one by one. keeps their backs free for doing the fuse part..

but once and for all: it all depends on the lag and the ability of the GAME (not only the player) to be able to actuallly damage the mobs..

McSherlock
05-31-2016, 02:56 PM
I dont wanna sound like im crapping on your parade but me and my mate did it on our first try in less than 10 mins.

10 mins, wow speedy!

McSherlock
06-04-2016, 11:02 PM
I had a lot of trouble with Clear Sky for the first few days. My teams always seemed to get overwhelmed by the adds in the final stage. But then I got into a random group on Friday. Nobody was even using a mic, so I figured I was in for another wipe-fest. But things went surprisingly well. We were breezing through the fuse box parts and then we were able to take down the boss with little interference from the adds. At first I wasn't sure why it was going so well. I then started paying attention to what my teammates were doing. Two of them had the incendiary seeker mine and it was doing a fantastic job of keeping the adds off us for enough time to get the various objectives completed.

I felt kinda stupid afterwards that this strategy hadn't dawned on me already. I remember when Challenging missions were new and everyone was complaining about how hard they were. The answer was always crowd control. Its no different here, you just need tools that can do it on a larger scale. Shock turrets don't cut the mustard in CS, but being able to spread flame over a group of enemies at once made life relatively easy. I imagine flash-bang sticky bombs would be very helpful as well.

So if you are struggling with this incursion I recommend busting out those dusty seeker mines. Other than the snipers and the heavy gunners, you don't really need to kill many of the adds. Just keep them under control and get the objectives completed. Once the boss is down, then you can focus on killing the adds.

Yes it was the same for me, my group weren't very chatty and I presumed we would fail but we all seemed to know our place! worked as two teams on the fuse box. We wasted a while on the boss when we equipped special ammo and focused on the boss he went down easily

McSherlock
06-09-2016, 12:38 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_1OgZDJsmg

Boom Done it about 9 minutes