PDA

View Full Version : Modified Tag (long)

brimstone2000
07-12-2004, 03:29 PM
I'm sure someone will tell me that it's been posted before, blah, blah, blah. I'm posting it anyways.

Most of the time I play SC:PT the way it was "meant" to be played, i.e. actually go after the objectives but with so many cry baby quitters and whiners my friends and I have come up with a modified version of tag that's pretty fun. If you like it feel free to use it for your games.

Server setup: Spies get 3 lives the mercs get 4. For a full server it's 3 spies versus 1 merc. The time limit can be adjusted to whatever you feel comfortable with. We set it anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes but no more than 15.

The rules. The spies have to take-out the merc. If a spy has not neutralized, snapped or blown up a merc with his own mine during the match he/she is the merc for the next round. This makes the spies compete and be really aggressive because if you don't get in on the action you're "in the bucket" as we call it. It's hilarious to take out three of the merc's re-spawns and watch the other two spies battle it out for the last one. It's even funnier to have a buddy do a lot of the work distracting a merc and then swoop in for the kill. But no double-crossing each other i.e. tazoring your fellow spy buddies, etc.

If a spy is completely killed off during the match he/she is the merc for the next round. This includes spies that have already taken out the merc. If the merc gets all your re-spawns, you're it. This in order of the first to be completely killed regardless of anything else. You get 3 snappity, snaps and killed off completely first, you're the merc next round.

If nobody gets the merc, whoever was killed first is the merc for the next round (no risk no reward kind of thing).

We also have a three round limit for being the merc. If the spies can't out compete each other (or are really cooperative and share the work) and the merc hasn't seemed to be able to kill off a spy completely, he/she will only be required to be the merc for three rounds. This can be adjusted lower but I wouldn't recommend higher. During the person's last round as a merc, the last spy to take out the merc is it for the next round but the getting killed off completely penalty still applies.

Also, no glitches are allowed. You glitch, you get kicked. No questions asked. Period.

Now I'm expecting comments about how this just re-inforces aggro play. Whatever. I'd rather play for four hours doing something fun (and this game is fun) than waiting in an empty lobby for 15 minutes, play half a game, have the cry babies quit and then spend another 15 minutes waiting for a decent player.

For those interested, try it out and let me know if you like the concept or ways you've modified it.

brimstone2000
07-12-2004, 03:29 PM
I'm sure someone will tell me that it's been posted before, blah, blah, blah. I'm posting it anyways.

Most of the time I play SC:PT the way it was "meant" to be played, i.e. actually go after the objectives but with so many cry baby quitters and whiners my friends and I have come up with a modified version of tag that's pretty fun. If you like it feel free to use it for your games.

Server setup: Spies get 3 lives the mercs get 4. For a full server it's 3 spies versus 1 merc. The time limit can be adjusted to whatever you feel comfortable with. We set it anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes but no more than 15.

The rules. The spies have to take-out the merc. If a spy has not neutralized, snapped or blown up a merc with his own mine during the match he/she is the merc for the next round. This makes the spies compete and be really aggressive because if you don't get in on the action you're "in the bucket" as we call it. It's hilarious to take out three of the merc's re-spawns and watch the other two spies battle it out for the last one. It's even funnier to have a buddy do a lot of the work distracting a merc and then swoop in for the kill. But no double-crossing each other i.e. tazoring your fellow spy buddies, etc.

If a spy is completely killed off during the match he/she is the merc for the next round. This includes spies that have already taken out the merc. If the merc gets all your re-spawns, you're it. This in order of the first to be completely killed regardless of anything else. You get 3 snappity, snaps and killed off completely first, you're the merc next round.

If nobody gets the merc, whoever was killed first is the merc for the next round (no risk no reward kind of thing).

We also have a three round limit for being the merc. If the spies can't out compete each other (or are really cooperative and share the work) and the merc hasn't seemed to be able to kill off a spy completely, he/she will only be required to be the merc for three rounds. This can be adjusted lower but I wouldn't recommend higher. During the person's last round as a merc, the last spy to take out the merc is it for the next round but the getting killed off completely penalty still applies.

Also, no glitches are allowed. You glitch, you get kicked. No questions asked. Period.

Now I'm expecting comments about how this just re-inforces aggro play. Whatever. I'd rather play for four hours doing something fun (and this game is fun) than waiting in an empty lobby for 15 minutes, play half a game, have the cry babies quit and then spend another 15 minutes waiting for a decent player.

For those interested, try it out and let me know if you like the concept or ways you've modified it.

XyZspineZyX
07-12-2004, 03:34 PM
You cant do a 3v1 on ps2 but from what you have said apparently you can do it on xbox

http://www.geocities.com/sk8filmer622/splintercellPT.jpg

A lie is nothing but another form of the truth....

"Yea just like double 0 seven cept i'll be double O nine and a half hahaha."

PAKMAN52SE
07-12-2004, 06:41 PM
Another deathmatch game. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/51.gif

http://www.seriouswheels.com/images/320-Ford-GT-Concept-Yellow-Black.jpg

Your village called, the idiots missing.
GT:shadow eclipse and pakman 52
I'm Last.

SolidSnake14180
07-13-2004, 12:30 AM
dm = lame http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/52.gif

Xbox Live Gamertag = SolidSnake14180

What is with all these anti depressents these days? I mean, they have them for kids now! When I was a kid, my dad's idea of an anti depressent was to hold my head under the bathwater until I got a little more excited about life.