PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Customization

phoenixcreation
03-26-2004, 11:36 AM
Goal - Mod of FarCry to recreate BattleMechs from BattleTech.

Purpose - League of about 1300 members to use platform. Currently using MW4 (with 3 year old engine, yuck).

Is it possible to code in multiple hit locations for vehicles?

Is it possible to create complicated animations for vehicles (walking robot for example)?

Basically, will the engine support the above 2 concepts? In my learning of Snadbox, I can see that the game supports pretty much everything else that I would need.

phoenixcreation
03-26-2004, 11:36 AM
Goal - Mod of FarCry to recreate BattleMechs from BattleTech.

Purpose - League of about 1300 members to use platform. Currently using MW4 (with 3 year old engine, yuck).

Is it possible to code in multiple hit locations for vehicles?

Is it possible to create complicated animations for vehicles (walking robot for example)?

Basically, will the engine support the above 2 concepts? In my learning of Snadbox, I can see that the game supports pretty much everything else that I would need.

phoenixcreation
05-01-2004, 07:11 AM
I thought I would bump this now that the mod community is starting to come together. Does anybody now know the answers to the questions above?

The Dark Phoenix Has Risen

skogulv
05-01-2004, 08:58 AM
>Is it possible to code in multiple hit >locations for vehicles?

Yes

>Is it possible to create complicated >animations for vehicles (walking robot for >example)?

Yes

Problem, no SDK out yet so you cannot import your own models but meanwhile you could make maps, start coding the needed scripts etc ,-)

www.special-operations.tk (http://www.special-operations.tk)