PDA

View Full Version : Squares of Texture

SephirothGMT
04-01-2004, 08:05 PM
I looked around but I couldn't find an answer to my problem. When I try to manually paint a texture on the terrain a large square of the default texture is put down and if I paint outside of the square a new one is placed where I paint to. Does anyone know how to fix this? Also I don't know if it matters but I auto generated the textures mask thing then went on to paint the textures.

SephirothGMT
04-01-2004, 08:05 PM
I looked around but I couldn't find an answer to my problem. When I try to manually paint a texture on the terrain a large square of the default texture is put down and if I paint outside of the square a new one is placed where I paint to. Does anyone know how to fix this? Also I don't know if it matters but I auto generated the textures mask thing then went on to paint the textures.

CrEEPInG_MonKEY
04-01-2004, 08:57 PM
That is just to show what square of land you have selected(like when a selected object turns yellow.) If you regenerate the surface textures it will go away.

antistar_
04-02-2004, 02:06 PM
What graphics card are you using, Seph?

aka Tim Partlett

SephirothGMT
04-02-2004, 02:39 PM
Yeah I probably should have tried regenerating the texures before posting, thanks. Oh, and I have a 9700 Pro.

antistar_
04-02-2004, 07:04 PM
I'm just curious because I have a 9800 Pro and get this effect, but I don't get it with my old GeForce 4200. I'll flag this as a possible glitch, although you can still work with it.

aka Tim Partlett

Buckyfg
04-02-2004, 08:10 PM
I get the same thing on my ATI 9600XT

When I manually paint on textures sometimes it makes squares of them and when I erase it, the texture actualy gets darker but is gone once I generate the surface. hard to do percise work like that unfortunetly