PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Problems

Perceval123
03-27-2004, 11:50 AM
Far Cry seems to have a few problems with the mouse that need addressing.

The first issue, which is briefly mentioned in the Readme.txt, is pure mouse lag.

-In some situations with FPS below 40-50 the mouse may feel laggy. [2286]

This has nothing to do with the "lazy" mouse settings, or mouse smoothing/acceleration settings. This is a pure loss of sensitivity every time the FPS drops a little. Increasing the FPS is the only workaround, but even that isn't enough in all situations. Experiencing an FPS drop from 100 to 60 will also slightly produce this problem. Because of Far Cry's complexity, experiencing an FPS drop is common. Please address this soon.

The other mouse issue is more of a game play problem, but needs some serious attention.

Every time you zoom any weapon you also suffer a decrease to sensitivity. I guess this is so you can make a more precise zoomed shot. This is the complete opposite of what you need while zooming! When you zoom in, you now have a larger pixel area to cover. If you decrease the mouse sensitivity it's going to take you 4 times the mouse input to move the mouse to your target. Needless to say, this is not only frustrating, but my wrist is beginning to hurt! Every time I launch Far Cry, I'm finding I keep increasing the mouse sensitivity (which is almost maxxed out now) to compensate for this.

PLEASE ADD AN OPTION TO GET RID OF THIS ZOOM + SENSITIVITY DECREASE FEATURE!

Perceval123
03-27-2004, 11:50 AM
Far Cry seems to have a few problems with the mouse that need addressing.

The first issue, which is briefly mentioned in the Readme.txt, is pure mouse lag.

-In some situations with FPS below 40-50 the mouse may feel laggy. [2286]

This has nothing to do with the "lazy" mouse settings, or mouse smoothing/acceleration settings. This is a pure loss of sensitivity every time the FPS drops a little. Increasing the FPS is the only workaround, but even that isn't enough in all situations. Experiencing an FPS drop from 100 to 60 will also slightly produce this problem. Because of Far Cry's complexity, experiencing an FPS drop is common. Please address this soon.

The other mouse issue is more of a game play problem, but needs some serious attention.

Every time you zoom any weapon you also suffer a decrease to sensitivity. I guess this is so you can make a more precise zoomed shot. This is the complete opposite of what you need while zooming! When you zoom in, you now have a larger pixel area to cover. If you decrease the mouse sensitivity it's going to take you 4 times the mouse input to move the mouse to your target. Needless to say, this is not only frustrating, but my wrist is beginning to hurt! Every time I launch Far Cry, I'm finding I keep increasing the mouse sensitivity (which is almost maxxed out now) to compensate for this.

PLEASE ADD AN OPTION TO GET RID OF THIS ZOOM + SENSITIVITY DECREASE FEATURE!

AngryUnderpants
03-27-2004, 11:57 AM
I agree. The snoper scope feels like its stuck in mud. Bummer

Blind-Goose
03-27-2004, 01:07 PM
Yes, it would be nice with an option, like zoom sensitivity, like you have in CS, so you can adjust it to suit your self.

Blind-Goose