PDA

View Full Version : Why Do I suck

the_tubman
01-31-2004, 04:54 PM
Why is it that i can clear all missions alone, ditto terrorist hunts, and win almost every round in sharpshooter mode, but when playing team survival get killed very quickly. What is it about team survival that everyone else knows but I'm missing?

the_tubman
01-31-2004, 04:54 PM
Why is it that i can clear all missions alone, ditto terrorist hunts, and win almost every round in sharpshooter mode, but when playing team survival get killed very quickly. What is it about team survival that everyone else knows but I'm missing?

(SmokeCheeba)
01-31-2004, 06:24 PM
essentially your problem has to do with the spawn times. (the amount of time it takes players to get to a "Kill zone") You should just play team survival over and over again from different spawns and try to figure out how far you can get somewhere before the enemy can. Your problem probably is that you keep going places where the enemy can get to quicker, thus giving them an easy kill on you. Best solution, slow down and move behind your team or at least wait until the other members of your team are in a position where they can flank or surround the enemy with you. There is a reason why its called "Team Survival" so i suggest you stop playing like its sharpshooter.

HybriX_maZ
01-31-2004, 07:23 PM
Well staying behind your team isn't always the best option either. You could get picked off easily. Sure let them open doors first until you learn the level, but don't stick too far behind.

http://www.gamecomplex.com/images/other/sig.jpg (http://www.gamecomplex.com)

puppyslinger
02-01-2004, 01:22 PM
lean around every corner and shoot everyone in the head.

Hobbez245
02-01-2004, 02:00 PM
when shooting BARELY push the trigger...you want only one shot a time....very accurate.Once you get good, u can really kill. I have killed a team of 8 with 8 shot, didnt have to reload once...it was really lucky too..lol

CLan: Reservoir Dogs, Challenge us

Mgineer
02-01-2004, 03:35 PM
Long post, but read on for some tips.

Your poor performance in team survival is most likely due to being accustomed to sharpshooter and mission/terrorist hunt. Sharpshooter is just a big frantic melee, bad for team survival. In terrorist hunt, nobody's gonna sneak up behind you, or be waiting for you peeking around the next corner waiting to pick off the next victim. Terrorists are generally stationary and out in the open. 9 times out of 10, you can wax a terrorist even if they see you first. Highly unlikely in team survival. You've become used to these games and opponents, and that's your poison. Teamwork and caution is key to consistently win and stay alive in T.S. Here's a few pointers to get you started:

-Work with your team, even if you don't know them. The voice comm's are a team's best friend, so check in constantly as to your current position or where you're headed, and let them know if you spot an enemy. This can help flank the opponent, and though you may not always get the kill, you'll survive alot more often and help your team win rounds.

-Proceed with caution. Learn the maps and where the two teams will most likely begin contact when a round starts. At these key points, start peering around corners before you move up, and utilize your arsenal. Toss smokes or flash for cover, or frags and willys at these key points to bomb out the enemy before they get a chance to set up shop around the next corner.

-Roll in pairs. Don't try to be the hero and rush in solo to take out their whole team. It might work once in a blue, but you'll most likely end up dead before you even spot your first potential victim. Additionally, back your partner up. If he's peering around a corner scouting ahead, watch his back and cover any areas where an enemy might be able to creep up behind you.

-Don't camp too hard, especially spawn camping. Camping is part of T.S., but don't over-do it. Most campers that remain in one spot for too long might be able to take a guy or two out, but his teammates are now hot on his position, and I very rarely see a hardcore camper win a match. Also, hardcore campers are quickly learned, and their tactics rarely work more than once against a well-rounded team.

-Lastly, find some good peoples to roll with. Not necessarily the one who has the most kills, but those players who are good team players. Playing with these sorts often will help you develop strategies and lock down enemy positions to consistently win.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

GT: Mgineer

maxx_death_4u
02-01-2004, 06:46 PM
This is all perfect advice, also your weapon selection is vital. Most of the big guns(holds lots of bullets) aren't worth the time it takes you to pick them out. Sniper rifles can be handy once in a while but anything with a 3x zoom is just as good. I lean towards the m16a2, some prefer the g3a3. If you're getting picked off while zoomed try something with a 2x zoom, it will let you see your suroundings a little better.

XBL Tag: Maxx Death 4U

mafiaguy711
02-01-2004, 07:27 PM
Its all reaction time my friend, and what weapon u use and nah dont use a Desert Eagle, ppl will call u newbs, my friend use what i use, an Ak-47 but do not use automatically. just tap the trigger when ur in battle and aim for the head, with my stats as kills: 34 and Death: 5, well u'll make it http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif and dont give up

Gamertag: MaxDamage01

Rambozo79
02-01-2004, 10:12 PM
Reaction time and accuracy shurely are important. And if your good at sharpshooter, then reaction time and accuracy may not really be your problem.

team survival is different gameplay. as this other individual pointed out, you need good team work. don't be a run and gun. You dont necissarily have to move slow in team survival, but you do have to be very aware of whats going on.

Communicate with your teammates. Let em know what your doing, and where your going. This way if something happens they can better react to the situation.

Colaborate with teammates and plan tactical manuevers. this can be at start or midgame, as situations constantly change. The team should be like water, and fit the ever changing environment.

Try for flanking, or what I call "pinching" manuevers. these work especially well when the opposing team is down players. People at times can get tunnelvision and focus on just the one player they are combating. So realize that the first to encounter the lone enemy can use that. they can try to keep his attention while their buddy sweeps around for the kill.

If you are the last on your team alive then go slow. You dont necissarily have to camp, But its a good idea to stop and listen for movement. Even if you have only 2 speakers, You can hear where people are comming from. and watch your back, as the enemy may very well try to pinch you. And in these situations watch out for the run and guns. Be sharp and dont let the situation make you lazy and slow. be ready to react fast.

Know your enemy and adapt. If your overly agressive the enemy might camp you out. break the pattern and you can play their game. Make them come to you. You can lay down an ambush with claymores or remote charges. Generally vary your tactics and keep em fresh.

You can deal with campers by fishing em out with grenades. But be carefull as the grenades make you vulnerable to attack. You can expect that some players might rush you if they hear you pull the pin on a grenade. So be ready to swap to your gun quick, or have someone cover you. If your enemy is the type to claymore doors, then the grenade is good for clearing em. Grenades can also be good for an initial assault on hot spots. In this case throw em in volume. Hurl a barrage at the enemy.

Don't underestimate the sidearms. In some situations you can easily eliminate your enemy with a pistol. And the mk23 is good for it. At times it can be hard for the enemy to realize where they are being shot from. If your primary weapon is a shotgun then its a good idea for a sidearm, as the shotguns aren't quite the best at distance.

And allways wear a gasmask. Also gas can obscure vision. This is especially true in the case of night vision, as it makes everything really bright.

These are some things that you might want to consider.

Mgineer
02-01-2004, 10:58 PM
Good point on the tear gas obscuring nightvision. I refrained to mention tear gas grenades in my post because most players equip gas masks, but I forgot that they're great for cover in this case. Especially useful in bright or well-lit areas, for example, on the Training map. Green spawn has a very bright spot light on their right, near the boxes. This is a great place to toss some tear gas so red spawn players can't snipe you out so easily as you round that corner, and usually gives you the first shot to take out the snipers.