PDA

View Full Version : RSE's Christen Allen gives some advice

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 08:58 PM
Just thought some of you might be interested in this interview I found with Christen Allen from Red Storm. Here's a quip...

GameGossip: First off, thank you Mr. Allen for accepting this interview. Could you clarify to our readers your current position at Red Storm? Can you break out what that means your day to day activities are?

Christian Allen: My position at Red Storm Entertainment is Assistant Game Designer. My focus is mainly on mission scripting, as well as working with a Lead Designer on general Design tasks relating to almost every aspect of a game. Documentation is another large part of my life as a Designer. We work very hard to create clear and concise documentation to help the rest of the team. An average day for me breaks down into mission scripting, documentation, discussions with team members about projects, and of course playing games.

He also has some tips for those of us working on mods to help us possibly get a foot in the door of the industry. You can check it out here http://www.gamegossip.com/comment.php?id=1006

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 08:58 PM
Just thought some of you might be interested in this interview I found with Christen Allen from Red Storm. Here's a quip...

GameGossip: First off, thank you Mr. Allen for accepting this interview. Could you clarify to our readers your current position at Red Storm? Can you break out what that means your day to day activities are?

Christian Allen: My position at Red Storm Entertainment is Assistant Game Designer. My focus is mainly on mission scripting, as well as working with a Lead Designer on general Design tasks relating to almost every aspect of a game. Documentation is another large part of my life as a Designer. We work very hard to create clear and concise documentation to help the rest of the team. An average day for me breaks down into mission scripting, documentation, discussions with team members about projects, and of course playing games.

He also has some tips for those of us working on mods to help us possibly get a foot in the door of the industry. You can check it out here http://www.gamegossip.com/comment.php?id=1006