PDA

View Full Version : Just fired a gun for the first time :o)

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 01:06 AM
My dad took me to a shooting range where I used his .22 to knock down some pop cans (we were the only ones there). I'm loving it! At first I tried it with the sights, and hit nothing, but was pretty close. I put the scope on and immediately started hitting the cans. Pretty far away too.

Hope to go back again soon. Will bring some bug spray /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

<table style="filter:glow[color=green, strength=5)"><FONT SIZE=6 FACE=VERDANA COLOR=YELLOW>Turtle</font></table>
"There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots"

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 01:06 AM
My dad took me to a shooting range where I used his .22 to knock down some pop cans (we were the only ones there). I'm loving it! At first I tried it with the sights, and hit nothing, but was pretty close. I put the scope on and immediately started hitting the cans. Pretty far away too.

Hope to go back again soon. Will bring some bug spray /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

<table style="filter:glow[color=green, strength=5)"><FONT SIZE=6 FACE=VERDANA COLOR=YELLOW>Turtle</font></table>
"There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots"

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 01:25 AM
Glad you had fun!!

The shooting sports are a blast if you decide later to get involved with them.

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

JG27_Arklight
"Taking out the garbage since release"

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 01:29 AM
My dad is a Police officer and i soon will be too.

WE go to the range every weekend and shoot alot of guns.

I have fired a GLock,Desert eagle, MP5, 12 gauge shotgun, .22 rifle and a ak47.

I hope to fire a COLT one day and maybe a Rocket launcherhttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

But i agree shooting sports are a blast

P.4
2.4ghz
512 ram
Geforce 4 Ti4800

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 01:52 AM
Ooh, I've fired various handguns and mps, but never a full auto mp5, was it full auto?? anyways How does it feel if it was automatic?(i've fired the single shot version only, lotta fun). i've also never fired any rifle larger than .223 cal(5.56mm). How does the AK feel?

I've had alot of bad experiences with guns too, most recently i was practicing with a 410 shortbarreled pistol and well, my father nor i had oiled it recently. Its single action, so when i pulled the hammer back to **** it it went off because it wouldnt catch. Lucky i was pointing down range, or that thing would have torn some **** up.

Another incident occured about a week before last, I was practicing with a weighted S&W .22 plinkin pistol. It has to be atleast 30-35 years old, so after a couple shots it started spitting. It wasn't too bad, but the last shot i fired spit so bad it burned tiny holes in my skin and clothing.

Ah well, enough ranting.

http://blu3.free.fr/temp/anime/hollow.kill.lol.gif
<table style="filter:glow[color=blue, strength=5)">''Falc owns.''-Aesop,6th Century B.C. </table>

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 04:18 AM
Cool! Glad you had a good time. Shooting is one of my favorite activities.. I'm always thrilled to see new people trying it.

I've owned and shot lots of different handguns and a good many rifles of different caliber.. and I've even had the pleasure of shooting a .50BMG twice.. But, I still enjoy shooting .22's the most. See if your dad can get ya one, or buy one yourself and have him get it for you. Make it a good one and it'll last you your whole life and beyond.. Many nice collections start with a .22 (or dozens of them! lol) and build up from there. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 05:17 AM
When firing a MP5 on full auto, it tends do kick a bit up right... Nothing difficult to control though.. 8)

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 06:01 AM
CaikFalkon wrote:
- Ooh, I've fired various handguns and mps, but never a full auto mp5, was it full auto?? anyways How does it feel if it was automatic?(i've fired the single shot version only, lotta fun). i've also never fired any rifle larger than .223 cal(5.56mm). How does the AK feel?

MP5 shoots nice. Full auto kicks a bit more than single.. obviously, but it is less then the M16/M4 and no where near feel any loss of control. (Granted, different body / strenght may have better / worse results)

AK kicks more then the M16/M4.

"Brave Rifles!"

- Matt
"The spirit of the Cav is reason enough to fight!"

http://www.angelfire.com/vamp/guidon666/br.jpg

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 06:06 AM
my dads a hunting freak, so naturally he has a few dozen guns lol, ive fired most of them, but i think i like the .22 remington best http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 09:54 AM
Got my first rifle at 10 years old (I'm 36 now). A Ruger 10/22. Awesome .22 rifle for fun and doesn't cost very much. I have a Beretta 92F now that I love and a Remington 870 shottie for skeet and hunting. My god-father has his gun dealer's license and I've fired many types of weps, but no full autos. My favorite military rifle was my Dad's M1 Garand. Very accurate with the iron sites and I just love that 'ting' when the clip pops up after it empties.

http://www.xsi.co.za/captkup4/Daddy2.JPG

www.fao-team.com (http://www.fao-team.com)

Message Edited on 07/07/0303:55AM by FAO_FireDaddy

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 10:29 AM
my mom says guns are dangerous ^^

http://www.forceunopposed.net/

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 11:52 AM
I remember the first time I fired a .22. I was about 6 years old. The recoil was nasty back then... http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Now I have a shotgun of my own. Baikal, russianmade. Twin barrels, although not side-by-side. Damn that gun is reliable. Shell-ejectors that never fail. Hasn't misfired yet.

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 12:33 PM
Cool!. Enjoy it.
I remember years ago I did a week intro course for the British Army (I was 16) WE spent a day racing around Salisbury plain in APCs,the high point was live firing an Enfield (?) SLR, I was in prone position and there was an instructor in a spider hole on my right, as I fired through my mag, after each shot (very hefty recoil..7,6) I thought i could hear someone cursing, When I finished i discovered it was my instructor swearing at me, as the empty (and hot) shells were being ejected on to him. Great fun though.
The best was training on a shoulder held antitank rocket simulator (I think it was the wire guided Blowpipe, not too sure, it was back in the mid 70s) you had to guide the missile onto its target via a thumbsize joystick mounted on the launcher,.
Extremely difficult, but great fun.
I have since fired shot guns and .22s but nothing compares to the kick of that SLR.

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 01:56 PM
I love shooting guns, although I don't own any. I've never shot any pistols though and I really want to. All the guns I have shot are my brother's hunting rifles. My fav is his .300 winchester magnum. He uses it when he goes bear hunting or moose hunting in Canada. The thing's a cannon. I have to use ear plugs and can only shoot it a half dozen times before my shoulder gets sore! It's freakin' awesome!

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 03:45 PM
-Pistols-
Glock, M9

-Rifles-
M16A1
M16A2
M16A4
M4

-Machine Guns-
M60
M249
M240B

-Toys that go BOOM-
claymore mine
hand grenade
m203 grenade launcher
m79 grenade launcher
AT4
60mm mortar
81mm mortar
120mm mortar

----------------------------------
42nd Infantry Division
(Mortar Platoon)
New Jersey Guard

Message Edited on 07/07/0302:52PM by SteveLord

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 03:48 PM
Hunting, skeet shooting and target shooting is a blast but a real pain to do where I live. Gotta drive out to my uncles farm to skeet shoot....but only 1/2 drive.

I started with an 870 Remington Express 12 Guage shotgun for hunting and skeet shooting and a Winchester .22 cal semi-auto for target shooting. What a kick a 12 guage using 3" magnum shells has or so I first thought......

Next gun I bought was a Savage 30.06 cal bolt action. First time I fired it to sight in my scope I almost put myself on my butt....wasn't ready for that. What a difference in kick from a shotgun to a high power rifle. But still a great gun to shoot. Very tight pattern and smooth bolt action.

Would love to fire an assualt rifle or handgun but doubt I'd ever get the chance to here in Canada.

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 04:12 PM
Flux101 wrote:
- Hunting, skeet shooting and target shooting is a
- blast but a real pain to do where I live. Gotta
- drive out to my uncles farm to skeet shoot....but
- only 1/2 drive.
-
- I started with an 870 Remington Express 12 Guage
- shotgun for hunting and skeet shooting and a
- Winchester .22 cal semi-auto for target shooting.
- What a kick a 12 guage using 3" magnum shells has or
- so I first thought......
-
- Next gun I bought was a Savage 30.06 cal bolt
- action. First time I fired it to sight in my scope I
- almost put myself on my butt....wasn't ready for
- that. What a difference in kick from a shotgun to a
- high power rifle. But still a great gun to shoot.
- Very tight pattern and smooth bolt action.
-
- Would love to fire an assualt rifle or handgun but
- doubt I'd ever get the chance to here in Canada.

You really think that '06 kicks more than the 12 gauge?? The rifle must not fit you very well(which actually makes recoil feel worse than it should).. As a rule 3" mags out of a 12 guage kick a lot more than *any* '06.. Try shooting Federal 3" slugs through a Mossberg 590 like I have mine, and you'll walk away with a headache...lol. That's WITH a 1" thick soft rubber buttplate. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

I thought semi-auto(just as fun as true *assault rifles* but much cheaper!) rifles weren't restricted up there, but that you had to use 5rd magazines?? I know a few people in Canada and that's what they tell me anyhow.. You can have evil bayonet lugs and flash suppressors too I understand it.. We can't even have that here, unless the rifle was made before 1994.. But we can have full capacity magazines. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Oh and not to be picky but next time ya tell people about your bolt action 30-06, tell 'em it shoots tight groups.. Patterns for shotguns are great, but when most people hear the words *pattern* and *rifle* in the same sentence, its usually very bad. lol /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 05:26 PM
Ooops.....I did say pattern...my bad. Tight groups.

But the rifle definitely has more kick than my 870 - but I'm not shooting slugs from the 870 so I'll give it a try and see what it's like.

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 05:30 PM
Oh and it was supposed to read "1/2 hour drive".

Not sure about the rules with assualt rifles but I know full-automatics are banned. Problem is I couldn't justify buying one just to shoot targets.

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 06:57 PM
There are companies in Nevada (on in Las Vegas not too far off the main strip) that allow you to rent and fire full auto weapons at their range. I've been dying to go, just haven't been able to convince my GF /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

The one, the only, the Nerd Cooties....
Destroyer of all evil!

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 06:58 PM
Ohh, well you should definately try some slugs.. Nothing like throwing a 450gr+ hunk of lead down range at close to 1700fps. *grin* I swear it hits your shoulder almost as hard as it does the target. ha ha

Cant justify buying a semi-auto rifle to shoot targets? WHy not!? Wanting one is enough reason if you ask me. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif They are extremely fun to shoot.. It's quite a rush to dump a couple 30rd mags through my M4 as fast as I can shoot, at a target or two 50 yards away. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif For Independence Day down here this year I did just that.. Burned all the protective oil off the barrel under the handguards.. Had it smoking.. hehe.

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 07:07 PM
Nerd_Cooties wrote:
- There are companies in Nevada (on in Las Vegas not
- too far off the main strip) that allow you to rent
- and fire full auto weapons at their range. I've
- been dying to go, just haven't been able to convince
- my GF /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

There is a gunshop/indoor range in Manchester, NH that rents machine guns and sub-machine guns.. I've been meaning to go there but haven't had the time. They have everything from suppressed MP5's to M60's... They even have a few WWII era German auto's too..

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 07:35 PM
M700VS wrote:
- Ohh, well you should definately try some slugs..
- Nothing like throwing a 450gr+ hunk of lead down
- range at close to 1700fps. *grin* I swear it hits
- your shoulder almost as hard as it does the target.
- ha ha
-
- Cant justify buying a semi-auto rifle to shoot
- targets? WHy not!? Wanting one is enough reason if
- you ask me. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif They are extremely fun to
- shoot.. It's quite a rush to dump a couple 30rd mags
- through my M4 as fast as I can shoot, at a target or
- two 50 yards away. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif For Independence Day
- down here this year I did just that.. Burned all the
- protective oil off the barrel under the handguards..
- Had it smoking.. hehe.
-
-

My brother let me shoot his Mossberg 590 with slugs. The first time he let me shoot it he didn't tell me he loaded it with slugs. Totaly caught me off guard.

I have an AR. A bushmaster Varminter (traded it for my Rem700pss in 308win). It easily takes out ground squrrils at 200+M. Not as accurate as my bolt action Savage M12BVSS (3/4 @ 200M), but fun as hell to shoot (not to mention ligher). Everytime I go for ground squrrils or other rodents I usualy (75%) of the time take my ar-15. I like the fast follow-up shots and ease to shoot. I'm glad I traded my rem700 for it. Plus it looks cool.

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 08:04 PM
the british slr is made by fn herstal not enfield since you asked with a (?)!

http://www.uk-acts.com/asp/acts/z/357.jpg

Bernard says> "Even i can't think of a good swear word to sum up UBI"

UKA clansite forum:
http://www.gd-network.com/forum/

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 08:05 PM
Soviet- wrote:
- My dad is a Police officer and i soon will be too.
-
- WE go to the range every weekend and shoot alot of
- guns.
-
-
- I have fired a GLock,Desert eagle, MP5, 12 gauge
- shotgun, .22 rifle and a ak47.
-
-
- I hope to fire a COLT one day and maybe a Rocket
- launcher/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
-
-
- But i agree shooting sports are a blast

Yes they are! I would ask that when you become a cop, be a good one and don't wear your manhood in your holster. I'm all of law and order, but in my town, its hard to find a good cop. The PD is rampant with corruption and most are macho tough guys to the public. A shame.

http://home.earthlink.net/~mwtate29/dfnlogo.jpg

"It is the soldier, not the poet, who gives us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the reporter, who gives us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us freedom to protest. It is the soldier who serves beneath the flag, who salutes the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who gives the demonstrator the right to burn the flag"...Stephen Ambrose

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 09:24 PM
SLR
SA80
M16
G36
G36K
MP5K
AK47 (Chinese Variant)

GPMG
M249
M60

Browning High Power
Glock 20

L96A1 (sniper)

LAW

50-Cal Oh yes baby, jeep mounted.

Several different mortars.

On the Eighth Day, God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.

http://www.virginstudent.com/fileserver/upload/285/504/729/Paradaz.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-07-2003, 09:32 PM
WHAT! I visit there for half a year every year. never heard of it. Must try it next time I go ( which is in about a month thank the lord)
M700VS wrote:
-
- Nerd_Cooties wrote:
- There is a gunshop/indoor range in Manchester, NH
- that rents machine guns and sub-machine guns.. I've
- been meaning to go there but haven't had the time.
- They have everything from suppressed MP5's to
- M60's... They even have a few WWII era German auto's
- too..
-
-

http://blu3.free.fr/temp/anime/hollow.kill.lol.gif
<table style="filter:glow[color=blue, strength=5)">''Falc owns.''-Aesop,6th Century B.C. </table>

XyZspineZyX
07-08-2003, 12:19 AM
g2Keitaro wrote:
- My brother let me shoot his Mossberg 590 with slugs.
- The first time he let me shoot it he didn't tell me
- he loaded it with slugs. Totaly caught me off guard.
-
- I have an AR. A bushmaster Varminter (traded it for
- my Rem700pss in 308win). It easily takes out ground
- squrrils at 200+M. Not as accurate as my bolt action
- Savage M12BVSS (3/4 @ 200M), but fun as hell to
- shoot (not to mention ligher). Everytime I go for
- ground squrrils or other rodents I usualy (75%) of
- the time take my ar-15. I like the fast follow-up
- shots and ease to shoot. I'm glad I traded my rem700
- for it. Plus it looks cool.

I love the Varminter.. I was *so* close to buying one, but I already had my 700VS for precision shooting so I went with a Bushy M4 instead.. I can stay minute of bad guy with it out to 300 yards. If they are dumb enough to stand still for me, 500 on a good day. hehe /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif That's with A2 iron sights. (Well.. it's got a .052"NM front sight)

CaikFalkon,

The name of the place is the Manchester Firing Line. I can getcha a website with info just ask.. I can't remember the addy off the top of my head.

XyZspineZyX
07-08-2003, 12:50 AM
shooting is definately awesome... i have shot a few glocks and different revolveres... 22's are kinda pu$$y but very inexpensive and fun.

http://media.gatewayva.com/photos/rtd/cartoons2002/1013_02.jpg

http://media.gatewayva.com/photos/rtd/cartoons2002/1013_02.jpg

XyZspineZyX
07-08-2003, 01:14 AM
Darn.. if shooting .22 glock is inexperience and fun... my only experience with a gun is a cop revolver that only fires 6 shots in between reload... =( I don't know if there is a shooting range in Vancouver... I don't wanna drive all the way down to Seattle though... Anyone from Vancouver and know where do I find info on shooting range and local gun clubs?

XyZspineZyX
07-08-2003, 01:51 AM
Dth.Reaper wrote:
- shooting is definately awesome... i have shot a few glocks and different revolveres... 22's are kinda pu$$y but very inexpensive and fun. -

A 22 will penetrate a Kevlar helmet as well as the OTV withouth the SAPI Plate.
Plus you cant beat the old "Bucket of Bullets" they used to sell. I think they just sell them in Bricks anymore. Cheap day on the range.

On the other hand, my other pistols and rifles are a bit more fun to shoot, but more expensive to buy / reload the ammo. 10mm Yikes!!

"Brave Rifles!"

- Matt
"The spirit of the Cav is reason enough to fight!"

http://www.hostmysig.com/data/guidon666/BR.jpg