PDA

View Full Version : HELP !! Sea Planes

ChuckNitro
03-26-2004, 11:19 AM
Please can someone tell me where I can get an online dogfight mission with AI Seaplanes on. It would be even better if you can take off from the shore line instead of starting in mid air, or can you tell me how to put them onto a normal online map.

thx

ChuckNitro
03-26-2004, 11:19 AM
Please can someone tell me where I can get an online dogfight mission with AI Seaplanes on. It would be even better if you can take off from the shore line instead of starting in mid air, or can you tell me how to put them onto a normal online map.

thx

JR_Greenhorn
03-26-2004, 01:20 PM
What are you trying to do with the seaplanes?
Are you trying to make them flyable with externals?
Do you want to make an online mission with AI-flown seaplanes?
Or do you just want to see seaplanes in action on an online map?

They can easily be made to take off from a shoreline, but sea landings are tricky.

ChuckNitro
03-26-2004, 02:13 PM
thx for replying

I would like:

1 To fly the AI seaplanes on Externals.
2 To respawn on the shore line near base.
3 Make an online mission to fly with my friends

thx

JR_Greenhorn
03-26-2004, 02:58 PM
First off, I assume you want to set up a dogfight map, but if you want more control of a multiplayer mission when you use the FMB to make it, a Co-op mission may be a better choice. It depends on what you are trying to do with your mission. You may not be able to use seaplanes in a DF mission at all, but I don't know for sure.

1) I think it can be done, but I personally don't know how. Look for (Usernamehttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif future, as he's known to fly the B-17 online from externals. Others may know how as well. They call it an "undocumented feature."

2) I don't play online, so I don't know much about setting up spawn points. However, I have worked with AI seaplanes in the FMB some, so I can help you there if you have questions regarding that.

3) This sounds like a Co-op Mission, so that will probably be how you want to build your mission. Others here will doubtlessly be more help than I in this regard, but I can help you if you have further questions about working in the FMB.

What kind of mission do you want your friends to fly? Some kind of attack, perhaps? Will the enemy aircraft be player-controlled or AI? When building a mission, it helps a lot to have a good idea of how you want the mission to play out.
Also, if you are interested in seaplanes, there are some seaplane "airports" on some of the maps. Zoom in and look for the white airport markers that are in water, or just off a shoreline. If you zoom in further, you will see docks or piers near some of them. Some of those maps may be too large for online play, however.

TacticalSkirmsh
04-16-2004, 09:44 AM
Can any of the AI seaplanes actually land (thinking about co-op missions)? My understanding is no.

‚"I opened fire only when the whole windshield was black with the enemy . . . . at minimum range . . . . it doesn‚'t matter what your angle us to him or whether you are in a turn or any other maneuver.‚"Ě (Colonel Erich ‚"Bubi‚"Ě Hartmann, GAF)

:FI:TacticalS!

Friendly_flyer
04-16-2004, 01:18 PM
I got an Arado to land on water. I just put in a number of waypoints, the last one being a landing point. When i made it a landing point, it automaticly loced ont the nearest airfield. I just picked it up and dropped it in the sea. The litle Arado landed very nicely, no problem.

Fly friendly!

Petter B√¬łckman
Norway