PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding a weapon...

XyZspineZyX
01-07-2003, 12:37 AM
Ok, I've been messing around with the weapons we have in the demo ATM. And thus far, I really like the m16, not much kickback (or not so much, I notice /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif , and a good accuracy level. But I'm really starting to get pissed at the lack of a full-auto option. So, here is my question to you whom have been playing this game longer than I (and you stat freaks out here). What weapon is closet the the m16 in the fetures I listed above? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif Or what do you think is a better weapon over all (post reasons please). Thanks!

------------------------
Why do so many people use Roger Willco? Don't they know Teamspeak OWNS RW in voice quitly? Check it out; http://www.teamspeak.org

XyZspineZyX
01-07-2003, 12:37 AM
Ok, I've been messing around with the weapons we have in the demo ATM. And thus far, I really like the m16, not much kickback (or not so much, I notice /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif , and a good accuracy level. But I'm really starting to get pissed at the lack of a full-auto option. So, here is my question to you whom have been playing this game longer than I (and you stat freaks out here). What weapon is closet the the m16 in the fetures I listed above? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif Or what do you think is a better weapon over all (post reasons please). Thanks!

------------------------
Why do so many people use Roger Willco? Don't they know Teamspeak OWNS RW in voice quitly? Check it out; http://www.teamspeak.org

XyZspineZyX
01-07-2003, 05:23 AM
well...up till now the G36k has been the best weapon in the game...because it is a LOT better then it should be...chances are that will change with the new patch tho.

<center>
<image src="http://piekgfx.tribes-hosting.com/Sigs/fax.jpg">
</center>

System:
-----------------
486 dx120
32 ram
1 gig
2 meg onboard video
onboard sound
14.4 modem
-----------------

XyZspineZyX
01-07-2003, 07:54 AM
Well it better not change, that is the best overall rifle, but the Mac 10 is decent too. I prefer it over the g36k. And since you can have both, go for it.

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2003, 09:54 PM
M-16 with Mac10 is a wicked sniper combo...put a mini-scope on M-16 and you are set. Use Mac 10 for close quarters.

Ultimately there is no "best gun" there are good multi-purpose guns. A gun that can do a lot well, but nothing great.
If I am sniping I usually use M-16 with Mac10.
If I am assulting I usually use HKMP5 with a scope and silenced pistol (for those sneaky shots).
If I am so-so on my role I usually opt for the sniper combo or I mix it up with a G3 and a pistol.

You side arm can often times make the difference of life and death.

But yeah, DeNiro said it best "It's a tool box." So use what you need to get the job done.

XyZspineZyX
01-09-2003, 04:03 AM
MP5SD is the best in my opinion. No recoil, stable and accurat. But maybe its just me who likes striking fast and silent?

XyZspineZyX
01-11-2003, 08:23 PM
i like the plain and simple Mp5 these days. ive changed form the m14 and g36k

<a href="http://www.herzeleid.com" target="_top" >
http://www.herzeleid.com/images/shared/herzeleid_banner.gif
</a>
http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/violent/sterb323.gif

XyZspineZyX
01-12-2003, 10:11 AM
It really is all about your playing style. I like striking fast and hard: MP5 + Scope, MK23, flashbangs and gas mask. Sometimes I wish MP5 would be a little more accurate over long range but then again, use those flashes, get close and finish him off =). I've never needed more than 3 flashes, I don't like frags and my playing style is too fast for HBS. What else is there to left except gas mask?).

Flashes are incredible usefull for cleaning out Streets upstairs. There are always some campers up there in their own base. First they get flash, then 9mm.

MK23 is good for one thing: It has really low recoil. You can empty your entire clip to an enemy and hit with every bullet really quick. Excellent for those CQB situations when both sides have run out of ammo and the enemy makes the mistake of starting to reload. Bring MK23 up and let him have it.

XyZspineZyX
01-22-2003, 05:46 PM
i use the m14 with a scope.

If I'm gonna get my balls blown off for a word ... my word is "poontang."
--------------------------
Siggi rni

XyZspineZyX
01-22-2003, 06:33 PM
I think the most underated gun is the rpd. This is the gun i have been using since i switched from the normal mp5. This is the coolest gun to use. first off the bullets can pass through targets going into the next. I like to call it a lag cannon. All you do is run out with guns blazing and strafe in a circular motion. Ive noticed that their games slows up making it harder to get a clear shot next thing u kno there dead. If ur an accuracy freak then dont use it.

Message Edited on 01/22/0305:35PM by alphat

XyZspineZyX
01-22-2003, 08:36 PM
it doesnt matter. just know your weapon. know how much kickback it has, know how fast it fires, know about how many shots it takes to silence a guy. thats all i gotta say. another thing, dont use full auto, its too crazy. use short bursts of fire. o, and i use the TAR, good weapon.

~Rage

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<h3><center>Quote bar:</center></h3>
<h3><marquee bgcolor=black>"guns dont kill people, the government does" ~dale Gribble- King of the Hill "Damn long ears trying to steal easter from Jesus" ~Peter- Family Guy "Me fail english?!? Thats un possible!" ~Ralph Wiggum- The Simpsons "1 in 3 people suffer from a mental illness. Look at 2 of your friends, if they're normal, then it's you." "Faith? What of Faith? Trust in your God, but carry a loaded gun." "The difference between a Harley-Davidson & a Vacuum is: The dirt bag rides on the inside of a vacuum!" "PRAISE ALLAH!~me"
</marquee></h3>
</head>
</html>

please send me your quotes. your name will be posted with them.

XyZspineZyX
01-23-2003, 04:10 PM
Hi!

If you wanr a weapon with good accuracy and stability, then take MP5SD5.

If you want a gun with heavy damage, then u should take
M14 or G36K.

If u want a gun with good stability + good accuracy + good damage, then take the TAR-21.

But remember: U have to decide it on ur own, 'cause there is no "Best-Weapon". Choose a gun u can handle with.

Cya

XyZspineZyX
10-20-2003, 02:30 AM
These are the weapons and accessories I like and why:

PISTOLS
92FS w/ Highcap
The FS uses a small round will very little recoil, meaning you can pull off very fast shots. With a highcap, it's good for close combat.

.50 DEeagle w/ Highcap or Silencer
It provides extreme stopping power for a pistol...this thing is a freakin' beast at close range. The highcap helps the small magazine cause a bit, and the silencer makes it more accurate, while still retaining most of the power.

.357 DEagle w/ Highcap or Silencer
Nearly as powerful, but with a larger magazine and therefore less reloading.

SUBMACHINE GUNS
UMP w/ Scope
The .45 bullet is good for going through armor, and it fires slowly and controllably.

MP10 w/ Highcap or Scope
More powerful than the MP5 and a good medium range weapon with a scope.

P90 w/ Silencer
Accurate, fast firing, and powerful against armor. What more could you possible ask for?

ASSAULT RIFLES
For Accuracy:
FAC w/ Silencer
G3A3 w/ Scope
AUG
L85
G36
M14 w/ Scope

For Power
M16A2
G36

For Scariness
FAMAS
AK47

SHOTGUNS
USAS-12 w/ Slugs
Powerful at close range, and controllable on full auto.

SNIPERS
Barrett w/ Thermal
FREAKING powerful, one round will end someone.

SSG-3000 w/ Thermal
I don't know why, I just like it.

PSG-1 w/ Thermal
One of the most stable I've seen

MACHINE GUNS
23E
Powerful, good range, and accurate. Must be prone for the accuracy part, though...

XyZspineZyX
10-27-2003, 02:48 PM
xenter666 wrote:
- MP5SD is the best in my opinion. No recoil, stable
- and accurat. But maybe its just me who likes
- striking fast and silent?

I strike fast and silent, but wouldn't you like to do it from afar? Use the AW Covert or PSG-1 for stability, accuracy and power. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

To rush is to be insane. To get a rush from sniping isn't.

XyZspineZyX
10-29-2003, 05:36 PM
try out he AUG.....

"And then i was dodging bullets like raindrops"

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 02:40 AM
m4 it's practicly the same gun. diff stock, diff ROF, and shorter barrel. it got Single shot and Full auto.

if you have to say "oops" it's to late.

The americans spent millions of dollars trying to invent a pen that can wright underwater and in space; the russians brought a pencil.

XyZspineZyX
11-21-2003, 11:02 PM
Fuzzy6 wrote:
- Ok, I've been messing around with the weapons we
- have in the demo ATM. And thus far, I really like
- the m16, not much kickback (or not so much, I notice
- /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif , and a good accuracy
- level. But I'm really starting to get miffed at the
- lack of a full-auto option. So, here is my question
- to you whom have been playing this game longer than
- I (and you stat freaks out here). What weapon is
- closet the the m16 in the fetures I listed above?
- /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif Or what do you think
- is a better weapon over all (post reasons please).
- Thanks!
-
-------------------------
- Why do so many people use Roger Willco? Don't they
- know Teamspeak OWNS RW in voice quitly? Check it
- out; http://www.teamspeak.org

Try the M14 silenced. still does a shiznit load of damage, stable, decent zoom, full auto.

Other than that, just keep messing around with them and get the feel. I like all the bigger rifles, but they have their place and time (specially in MultiPlayer) The L85 is pretty skoo*** when u slap a silencer on it. The mp5sd is awesome for closer in work but can also take a guy down at a distance if you know how to use it right.

I've also had amazing results with the MAC 11 although without a cmag on that puppy you could find yourself in trouble if your using it as your primary weap.

And yes, TS is a good progie, but does not compare to ventrilo.

http://rebelswithguns.com/twlsig.png

http://rebelswithguns.com/twlsig.png