PDA

View Full Version : Very Disappointed Now

Hunt3rKill3r2
03-10-2016, 09:11 PM
I own all the FC game sand have been very satisfied with them all until now. I love this game, FCP but, this last small fix just screwed it all up for me. I'm not getting any XP awarded to finish my last three upgrades and, I just finished the fight with Ull and didn't get sh!t for it. 30 minutes fighting him and his minions, all for nothing. :mad:

My game was working perfect until this update for w/e the hell it was for but now, I get nothing for my efforts. :mad:

I save all those Wenja people and get nothing for them, either. :mad: They can all just die for all I care or maybe, I'll start killing them all myself an watch my village dwindle down to zero. That might bring me some satisfaction.

DerPreusse2010
03-10-2016, 10:20 PM
Mybe they're working on a fix for that right now. They can't just throw out fix after fix. They have to test them so they don't do more harm than good. Maybe the next patch will fix your problem.

vic_must_play
03-10-2016, 10:51 PM
Are you sure it is the patch and not the old experience earning level cap issue? The one that requires you unlock some skills via doing certain orange side missions that each grant you a specific skill point. If this is the case if you do all the missions you will get all your skills unlocked. There are threads on this issue elsewhere on the forum. That one is a progress design issue in game that confused lots of players myself included at one point.

Babranyi
03-11-2016, 01:27 PM
I own all the FC game sand have been very satisfied with them all until now. I love this game, FCP but, this last small fix just screwed it all up for me. I'm not getting any XP awarded to finish my last three upgrades and, I just finished the fight with Ull and didn't get sh!t for it. 30 minutes fighting him and his minions, all for nothing. :mad:

My game was working perfect until this update for w/e the hell it was for but now, I get nothing for my efforts. :mad:

I save all those Wenja people and get nothing for them, either. :mad: They can all just die for all I care or maybe, I'll start killing them all myself an watch my village dwindle down to zero. That might bring me some satisfaction.

It's supposed to work that way, there's a "level cap". You can get the missing skill points by doing secondary quests (hover over them with your mouse to see which ones give you skill poiints). It's stupid and annoying, I agree...

Hunt3rKill3r2
03-12-2016, 10:26 AM
Listen, this last fix removed any acknowledgement of my making a good hit or, scoring a hit while using my weapons or, traps, etc..., like before the patch was implemented. Take it as, I shoot an enemy, whether it be animal or, human, I'd see an on-screen icon telling me it was either a 'Headshot' or, just an amount of 'XP' for the kill. I have this notification turned on in the Interface Settings and these notifications are not showing up anymore at all, since the patch. Sometimes, when not near my campsites / bases and I settled down for the night in a cave or, an open field camp, I would set traps out to help prevent the night creatures from overwhelming me if they attacked. Without seeing them and once they triggered any of the traps I set out, I'd not only hear it but, an icon appear on screen, letting me know my XP for the kill and the amount for it. Not only that, if I left the camp and left the traps where they were, once triggered, I'd see that notification that, I got a kill. If I hit an enemy in the head with one of my weapons, I saw the icon, 'Headshot' appear of which, it's not anymore. If I didn't want to see these icons in game, I'd turn everything off. That's an option given to me in the settings menu.

As for a single award, 1 skill point for doing the secondary missions, I know about that. It's all good and not really all that important but, since the patch, these notifications are not showing up for me anymore. I mean really, being notified that you scored a, 'Headshot,' is what everyone likes to see in games. :)

UbiBooma
03-12-2016, 07:54 PM
Listen, this last fix removed any acknowledgement of my making a good hit or, scoring a hit while using my weapons or, traps, etc..., like before the patch was implemented. Take it as, I shoot an enemy, whether it be animal or, human, I'd see an on-screen icon telling me it was either a 'Headshot' or, just an amount of 'XP' for the kill. I have this notification turned on in the Interface Settings and these notifications are not showing up anymore at all, since the patch. Sometimes, when not near my campsites / bases and I settled down for the night in a cave or, an open field camp, I would set traps out to help prevent the night creatures from overwhelming me if they attacked. Without seeing them and once they triggered any of the traps I set out, I'd not only hear it but, an icon appear on screen, letting me know my XP for the kill and the amount for it. Not only that, if I left the camp and left the traps where they were, once triggered, I'd see that notification that, I got a kill. If I hit an enemy in the head with one of my weapons, I saw the icon, 'Headshot' appear of which, it's not anymore. If I didn't want to see these icons in game, I'd turn everything off. That's an option given to me in the settings menu.

As for a single award, 1 skill point for doing the secondary missions, I know about that. It's all good and not really all that important but, since the patch, these notifications are not showing up for me anymore. I mean really, being notified that you scored a, 'Headshot,' is what everyone likes to see in games. :)

Hello again Hunt3rKill3r2,

I haven't read about this on the forums yet, but I know that a couple of people have had some issues (different from this) from the latest patch. Technically it wasn't a patch, just a "hotfix," which was very small. I'm sorry this issue has come up for you all of a sudden. I suggest that you submit a ticket with support (http://support.ubi.com)regarding the acknowledgement of hits/XP/etc disappearing. They should get back to you in a couple days, and if not you can PM me your ticket # so I can get their attention. Thanks for being patient!

hcforde1950
03-16-2016, 01:53 AM
I just did this "highly recommended" upgrade and now I have lost 20 hours of gaming, upgrades. On Uplay it shows that I have 23 + hours. When I go to play it shows only a bit over 3 hours and all my skills and stuff are missing from yep, way back when I was 3 hours in. Is there a fix for this. After I upgraded it asked me if I wanted to keep the cloud or what was on the computer. The computer date was 3-12-2016 and the cloud date was 3-15-2016. I checked the cloud date and now it seems like I have lost 21 hours of HARD, HARD work. IS THERE A FIX TO GO TO THE HARD DRIVE SAVE?

Viragoxv535
03-16-2016, 02:25 AM
I just did this "highly recommended" upgrade and now I have lost 20 hours of gaming, upgrades. On Uplay it shows that I have 23 + hours. When I go to play it shows only a bit over 3 hours and all my skills and stuff are missing from yep, way back when I was 3 hours in. Is there a fix for this. After I upgraded it asked me if I wanted to keep the cloud or what was on the computer. The computer date was 3-12-2016 and the cloud date was 3-15-2016. I checked the cloud date and now it seems like I have lost 21 hours of HARD, HARD work. IS THERE A FIX TO GO TO THE HARD DRIVE SAVE?

You may try by recovering a shadow copy of the game save from path

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx\2029

HOWTO (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/recover-lost-or-deleted-files) (previous versions)

hoonose2013
03-16-2016, 05:10 PM

This is why I copy the save folder to another drive every so often. I name the folder based on the date or time. So if this sort of thing happens I can copy the last save back over to the ubisoft savedgames 2010 folder and keep any losses to a minimal. I also copy the complete game to another drive before any patch for the same reason.

hcforde1950
03-17-2016, 04:34 AM
Thanks for this possibility.

Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx\2010. The date is correct 3/15/2016

Since I found the file, what do I do with it?