PDA

View Full Version : No sound after the beginning prologue video

jaerocker
03-03-2016, 07:26 PM
Ive tried going into my advanced sound page and switching between the 2 different configurations, example something like 48khz or what not. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, reinstalling the new directx software. I've tried using both my headphones to see if the problem was in just one and i dont have speakers. Ive tried the solution other people on this thread had success with which was something like going into the system 32 file and deleting a bunch of files like xaudio..... etc. Ive made sure all my drivers are up to date for everything and i sent a ticket to ubisoft and tried 5 different steps such as turning off my antivirus software, deleting all my temporary files, disabling my background applications, and making sure i installed any windows updates. I'm at wits end here and i really want to play my 70 dollar game. Can anyone please help me with a solution. Im using a pc with windows 8.1, system manufacturer is MSI, system model is Z1-7641, processor is AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor, 8192 MB of RAM, DirectX version 11, graphics card is AMD Radeon R5 200 series and i dont have a separate sound card and i used both a wired and wireless headset when testing. Thank you for your support

UbiBooma
03-03-2016, 10:38 PM
Ive tried going into my advanced sound page and switching between the 2 different configurations, example something like 48khz or what not. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, reinstalling the new directx software. I've tried using both my headphones to see if the problem was in just one and i dont have speakers. Ive tried the solution other people on this thread had success with which was something like going into the system 32 file and deleting a bunch of files like xaudio..... etc. Ive made sure all my drivers are up to date for everything and i sent a ticket to ubisoft and tried 5 different steps such as turning off my antivirus software, deleting all my temporary files, disabling my background applications, and making sure i installed any windows updates. I'm at wits end here and i really want to play my 70 dollar game. Can anyone please help me with a solution. Im using a pc with windows 8.1, system manufacturer is MSI, system model is Z1-7641, processor is AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor, 8192 MB of RAM, DirectX version 11, graphics card is AMD Radeon R5 200 series and i dont have a separate sound card and i used both a wired and wireless headset when testing. Thank you for your support

Thank you for the detailed report, jaerocker. Also, welcome to the forums! Have you contacted support (http://support.ubi.com)with all this information yet? They should be able to troubleshoot the issue with you.

thejonkim
03-04-2016, 12:57 AM
I am experiencing the exact same issue. I'm running Windows 10 and have 5.1 surround sound speakers running through a receiver and optical cable straight to my motherboard. The prologue video sound was perfect, but in game I have no sound at all.

Fluesmaekkeren
03-11-2016, 10:23 PM
I have the same issue ... Intro movie has sound, prolouge video running when loading ... But ingame there is no sound at all.

Using Logitech Z5500, Soundblaster Z and optical cable running Dolby digital live

This has just started today, and yesterday everything was fine?!?

*edit* After trying to use analog signal, i still have no sound ingame, but intro and prolouge is fine

Takkar has become deaf :eek:

Boosty0811
03-12-2016, 05:59 PM
Hello guys,

I just want to make sure:
You can see the prologue video but you do not have sound?
My problem is about the prologue video as well but the video can not be displayed in my case, therefore the game freezes.
I am assuming there are files or a programme missing which might enable the video.
Do you use certain software or files that enables the video to display? I am just curious and thank you in advance.