PDA

View Full Version : Bloodfang Sabretooth permanently unobtainable?

KotoBear
03-03-2016, 02:50 AM
So i was going along my missions, realized i could get the bloodfang sabretooth i quickly hoped on my kitty and bolted over. After the long *** wait of following its tracks i found it and ended my sabretooth ended up killing it and now all quest icons are gone and it also never fell back to its "cave" at low hp. So now am i out of luck on ever getting the Bloodfang?

Redd0h
03-07-2016, 01:45 AM
So i was going along my missions, realized i could get the bloodfang sabretooth i quickly hoped on my kitty and bolted over. After the long *** wait of following its tracks i found it and ended my sabretooth ended up killing it and now all quest icons are gone and it also never fell back to its "cave" at low hp. So now am i out of luck on ever getting the Bloodfang?

I had the same issue. I set up so many of those traps expecting a boss, and my sabretooth ended the fight before it even began. I haven't found a workaround :(

WID992007
03-07-2016, 02:11 AM
Known bug in the game

i am not sure if you can share save files like you could with FarCry 4

with FarCry 3 they were locked to your Uplay account

but i did read about the problem before the mission and made backups of my save files

i compressed them into a .zip file with 7 zip you you want to try them

the archive has a save before the beast was tamed
yes you have to hunt him again ..

and a save from after right i tamed him and used fast travel back home i think

the save files go in

For the Steam version of the base game
C:\ Program files X86 \ Ubisoft \ Ubisoft game launcher \savegames \ *a folder with a long series
of letters and numbers Varies from system to system* \ 2029

the Uplay only version they are in
C:\ Program files X86 \ Ubisoft \ Ubisoft game launcher \savegames \ *a folder with a long series
of letters and numbers Varies from system to system* \ 2010

the archive can be downloaded here
http://www.filedropper.com/prebloodfang

again i have the Uplay only version of FarCry Primal so my saves are in a 2010 folder

and i do not know if save files are locked to your uplay account so back up your existing saves and shut off the Uplay cloud save setting before you use my saves
details on how to back up your saves can be found here
https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/9/3888/how-can-i-manually-back-up-my-save-game/kA030000000enCFCAY

i always back my stuff up to a USB drive and keep the silly Uplay cloud save synchronization setting off in Uplay

totally up to you if you wish to try them .. the files are safe as i just did a malware scan today with malware bytes anti-malware

EmptyFigure
03-07-2016, 03:05 AM
This bug happened to me as well and I had to restart the game. Make sure never to use your animal companions during the first phase of any beast hunt, gets bugged since the beast is scripted to run away when its hp goes down to half. If it dies beforehand the quest gets bugged and you can't tame the beast anymore. I was so frustrated because I had 10+ hours into the game.