PDA

View Full Version : Game suddenly freezing, worked fine for 4 hours

Acuddlemonkey
03-02-2016, 07:54 PM
As the game says, my game has been freezing. It's strange, I was able to play the game fine for about 4 hours, but now it seems I can't take two steps after loading before it happens. It started when I first tried to explore a cave to murder some over sized kitty cats. After 5 attempts, I went on to do Jayma's starting mission, but the game froze after 3 minutes of gameplay. After a few attempts with that, I fast traveled to a bonfire, where I hadn't encountered any problems before, but lo and behold, I'm stuck there now. I've tried putting the graphics on low, giving the world time to render, disabling my firewall. Any ideas on what I can do? Should I just be patient, and wait for a patch?

Viragoxv535
03-02-2016, 08:44 PM
Hi, maybe that is an issue with the graphics card. You can check if the temperature is too high while playing (85 max) with GPU-Z (https://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2627/techpowerup-gpu-z-v0-8-7/).

godsfriend6
03-02-2016, 10:35 PM
That Is not a GPU temp issue. I have that issue as well and my gpu runs at normal temps. Actually it runs coller than it does when I play GTA V and GTA V has no issues.

Viragoxv535
03-02-2016, 10:55 PM
Make sure to open a ticket at http://support.ubi.com if you haven't already

Acuddlemonkey
03-03-2016, 05:26 AM
Thanks for the replies! I'm with godsfriend, I don't think it's the gpu, because a) I have the recommended gpu, b) it happens about 30 seconds in to the game, and c) it happens even on low graphics settings. I've also updated my drivers and verified my game files, but I haven't had time to stress test it. If the problem persists after that, I'll open a ticket. Again, thanks for the help.

CharlyB.GoodeFR
03-03-2016, 06:50 AM
Hi,

I've got the same probleme, did you get any solution?

Acuddlemonkey
03-03-2016, 08:46 AM
Not as of yet, though I have sent in a ticket. I did manage to fast travel away from the bonfire, and I was able to explore a bit, but there are still certain spots that cause the game to freeze. I guess it's in Ubisoft's hands now.

Acuddlemonkey
03-03-2016, 09:50 PM
Charly and Godsfriend, what are your pc specs?