PDA

View Full Version : Game won't launch

crysh-jaap
03-02-2016, 04:42 PM
I've bought the game on my steam account and I've installed it on my HDD afterwards when I booted the game it would boot until I'd reach the moment where it says it will automatically save the game at certain points. Then I'd get the "FATAL ERROR" which says the following:
FATAL ERROR
File system failure: Aborting execution.
"i^'' \My Games\Far Cry Primal\GamerProfile.xml"

I've tried verifying the game files in steam but this won't solve the problem, I've tried downloading the game again but on my C drive (SSD) but it still gives me the same error.

https://imgur.com/oC3FGbD

ItsMyBacon
03-03-2016, 03:54 AM
Did you try deleting the GamerProfile.xml Which should be located within the Far Cry Primal folder under Documents/My Games

gymmiller
03-03-2016, 04:26 AM
Did you try deleting the GamerProfile.xml Which should be located within the Far Cry Primal folder under Documents/My Games
Sounds like my error. The problem is that there is NO Far Cry Primal directory in My Games. If like my problem, the directory never got installed. :mad:

crysh-jaap
03-05-2016, 08:58 PM
Yeah the directory and file don't exist. Seems like I'll just have to apply for a refund.

WID992007
03-05-2016, 09:11 PM
with FarCry 4 that error would pop up if you had a 32 bit windows version

you need a 64 bit version of Windows for both FarCry 4 and Primal ..... 32 bit versions will not work

also it came up if you had a corrupted installation

so launch Steam as an Administrator and verify your game files at least twice

To verify your files if you bought the game thru Steam ..\EXIT Steam ..right click your steam icon ..select run as Administrator

to launch Steam

then go to your Steam games library

right clik on far cry Primal

select properties

select local files

select verify Integrity of game cache

it takes a few min to do but its faster the redownloading your entire game , if its only a few files that were corrupt or installed incorrectly .... this in many cases will fix your problems

If you have the U play only Version of the game you can also verify your game files with U play

if you have the game via u play only here are instructions how to verify your game files thru their client
Again its probably best to make sure you launch Uplay as RUN as Administrator when you do a file verify

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/60/3888/how-do-i-install--uninstall--verify-a-game-in-uplay/kA030000000ee85CAA
see the bottom of the page

and try to reinstall the Microsoft .net frame work as well as Visual c++ run times from the games support \ software folder

if you have Windows 7 installed .. you need Microsoft windows SP 1 installed too ..you can down load that direct from Microsoft here
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/install-windows-7-service-pack-1

CorbinBrown123
03-05-2016, 10:44 PM
Yeah the directory and file don't exist. Seems like I'll just have to apply for a refund.

Have you found a solution yet? I'm having the same problem.

crysh-jaap
03-06-2016, 01:09 AM
Have you found a solution yet? I'm having the same problem.

I've done all of the above, also redownloaded the whole game and updated everything I could find that could fix this issue. Yet nothing has worked yet.