PDA

View Full Version : Game Crash: Visions of Ice

Anrkist
03-02-2016, 04:18 PM
I'm currently stuck on the Visions of Ice quest. Within 10-30 seconds of receiving the spiked club the game hangs, the video signal stops sending, my monitor shuts off and I'm forced to do a hard boot.

I'm running an Intel Core i5-6400 w/8GB of ram and an AMD R9 380 with the most recent driver hotfix applied.

Ubi-Stature
03-02-2016, 04:54 PM
Hi there, Anrkist,

Welcome to the forums!

Had a user earlier with the same issue which was fixed by these steps: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1398911-Game-freeze-after-click-play?p=11427101&viewfull=1#post11427101

If this does not resolve the issue can you try lowering your graphics settings for the duration of this mission?

Thanks!

Anrkist
03-02-2016, 05:15 PM
Thanks - I managed to get through it by running as fast as possible before encountering the bug. Lowering my graphics had no effect.

Skjalddis
03-02-2016, 07:13 PM
I had the same problem, reinstalled all the Visual C++ redistributables as recommended, which got me through Visions of Ice, but then I ran into the same problem again on the recruitment mission for the warrior. I'd happily played the game for over four hours without a hitch before then. Lowering settings didn't help either.

Edit: I'm also running the R9 380, so I wonder if that's where the issue is.

UbiSmarmy
03-03-2016, 01:24 AM
I had the same problem, reinstalled all the Visual C++ redistributables as recommended, which got me through Visions of Ice, but then I ran into the same problem again on the recruitment mission for the warrior. I'd happily played the game for over four hours without a hitch before then. Lowering settings didn't help either.

Edit: I'm also running the R9 380, so I wonder if that's where the issue is.

Hey Skjalddis, welcome to Oros!

Very sorry that the workaround didn't resolve the issue for you. My next suggestion would be to contact Ubisoft support (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/index) to resolve the issue.

We appreciate your patience and we'll get you back into the game asap.

TheRealSepp13
03-03-2016, 01:34 AM
Same problem here. Im also using the R9 380...