PDA

View Full Version : Low fps on SLI titan X

jesperbw
03-01-2016, 04:20 PM
I have what you could call a top of the line rig. 5960X CPU and three way SLI Titan X cards, watercooled and overclocked to about 1400Mhz. I am running a X34 3440x1440@100hz monitor.

I have tried clean install of NVIDIA driver 361.91 and 362.00.

On ULTRA settings with VSYNC and GSYNC on I am getting 28-30 FPS in game and in benchmark. 99FPS in menus. Running Afterburner in the background I can see that every card is being used, but none are used above 30% ish.

I am getting around 40fps if I change video settings to LOW. Turning off SLI in Nvidia Control Panel will make one card be utilized 99% and give me around 50fps on ULTRA.

I have tried turning off/on gsync, vsync, windowed mode, changing resolution and anything I can think off without any change, SLI simply not working for me on this game, working flawlessly on other games like Fallout where I get 70fps stable on maxed settings.Ofcourse also checked Unigine Heaven etc. to see that cards work fine.

Any suggestions to what I can try to fix this? Waiting for next driver from NVIDIA is no help as I have allready tried the game ready driver they are releasing soon (362.00).

Ubi-Stature
03-01-2016, 04:56 PM
Hi there, jesperbw,

Welcome to the forums!

Can you try the steps outlined here?: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1398911-Game-freeze-after-click-play?p=11427101&viewfull=1#post11427101

jesperbw
03-01-2016, 05:24 PM
Hi there, jesperbw,

Welcome to the forums!

Can you try the steps outlined here?: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1398911-Game-freeze-after-click-play?p=11427101&viewfull=1#post11427101

Thanks for the tips, will perform the steps and see what happens. Currently redownloading the game as I thought a clean install of the game might be worth trying. I'll let you know how it goes. Appreciate the quick response!

*edit* I have a 64x system, should I not install the 2008 64x version found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=15336 ?

Ubi-Stature
03-01-2016, 05:39 PM
As this version is for your 64x system then yes I would advise installing that version!

jesperbw
03-01-2016, 06:20 PM
As this version is for your 64x system then yes I would advise installing that version!

Verification found no problems.

Removed all Visual C++ redistributables and installed the four you suggested (except x64 version of 2008 instead of x86).

No change, still get 25-30 FPS in game and on benchmark on ULTRA at 3440x1440@100hz.

*edit* Found this in RenderCapsLog in My Documents/Games/Far Cry Primal:

Number of NVIDIA Multi-GPUs detected (by AFR groups) = 2

3D Engine shutdown error: resources leaked!

Razrback16
03-02-2016, 12:09 AM
Any luck Jesper? Just curious how you're doing - I'm running a Titan X SLI setup as well but having no issues, although I am running an AMD CPU. If there's anything I can check for you in terms of my setup, let me know. I'm running the 362.00 drivers and gaming at 4k at a flawless 60fps.

jesperbw
03-02-2016, 09:46 AM
Any luck Jesper? Just curious how you're doing - I'm running a Titan X SLI setup as well but having no issues, although I am running an AMD CPU. If there's anything I can check for you in terms of my setup, let me know. I'm running the 362.00 drivers and gaming at 4k at a flawless 60fps.

No luck so far. As mentioned above tried clean install, remove all C++ redistributables and reinstall the four I was given. Verify files to no avail.

Getting 99fps in menus (with refresh rate capped at my monitors 100mhz in settings) but in game and the ingame benchmark I get 25-30 FPS with utilization of each card jumping alot between 15-30%.

Do you run 2 way SLI? Most people seem to have no problems with that config. Or those that had fixed it with reinstall of driver or reboot of machine. Suffice to say that has not worked for me...

Anyone with 3way SLI on 980ti's or titans that can verify if it works for them? Pulling out a card not an option as my machine is watercooled. Tried forcing alternate frame rendering and that gave me around 10fps.

MDK_pt
03-02-2016, 11:12 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1398927-SLI-BROKEN-every-reply-to-this

just post here , i found the problem i will be adding a SLI profile for 3 way and 4 way users

use only 2 gpu in sli and you will see performance increase dedicat you 3 titan to physix and you will get a bump in perfomance mean while post on this topic creating alot of topics on the same matter does not help, on big topic allways on the from page they will eventuallly care

chees

jesperbw
03-02-2016, 11:58 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1398927-SLI-BROKEN-every-reply-to-this

just post here , i found the problem i will be adding a SLI profile for 3 way and 4 way users

use only 2 gpu in sli and you will see performance increase dedicat you 3 titan to physix and you will get a bump in perfomance mean while post on this topic creating alot of topics on the same matter does not help, on big topic allways on the from page they will eventuallly care

chees

Thanks, I have allready posted there with pretty much the same info as here. Looking forward to seeing your fix and trying it out.

*edit* Forcing third card to physx set the remaining two in a 2 way sli and that gave me around 80% utilization from those two cards and around 70FPS. Third card seeing no action though so basicly sits there dead with 0% utilization, annoying but a workaround for now.

Razrback16
03-02-2016, 04:00 PM
Thanks, I have allready posted there with pretty much the same info as here. Looking forward to seeing your fix and trying it out.

*edit* Forcing third card to physx set the remaining two in a 2 way sli and that gave me around 80% utilization from those two cards and around 70FPS. Third card seeing no action though so basicly sits there dead with 0% utilization, annoying but a workaround for now.

Good deal, I was just going to reply and recommend using the 3rd gpu in physx mode for now. (yes I am running 2-way SLI)