PDA

View Full Version : Controller-Deadzone while aiming with mouse?

Niyiu
03-01-2016, 12:29 PM
When I aim with the bow and I move the mouse every slowly to adjust,nothing happens.. Is this some kind of controller-deadzone, that hadn't been removed? I hope, this gets fixed quickly, because it's pretty annoying when I try to shoot from a long distance...

Ubi-Stature
03-01-2016, 12:33 PM
Hi there, Niyiu,

Welcome to the forums!

Can you confirm if you have any other peripherals connected that could be causing this? For example a controller that you might not be using at this time but is still attached to your system.

Thanks!

Niyiu
03-01-2016, 12:41 PM
Hi there, Niyiu,

Welcome to the forums!

Can you confirm if you have any other peripherals connected that could be causing this? For example a controller that you might not be using at this time but is still attached to your system.

Thanks!

No, I don't have any controllers connected. My mouse is the Logitech G502, the drivers and Logitech Gaming Software are up to date and I don't have problems in other games. I tried to turn off mouse acceleration, both ingame and in the driver and I turned off game-features like auto-aim in the options, but nothing helps. In the end I reinstalled Windows, but still the same problem.

Xaenz
03-01-2016, 12:55 PM
No, I don't have any controllers connected. My mouse is the Logitech G502, the drivers and Logitech Gaming Software are up to date and I don't have problems in other games. I tried to turn off mouse acceleration, both ingame and in the driver and I turned off game-features like auto-aim in the options, but nothing helps. In the end I reinstalled Windows, but still the same problem.

Windows 10.
Razer Naga 2012.
Razer Synapse software not installed.
No deadzone.

Logitech software interfering?

Disable?
Uninstall?
Test.....

Ubi-Stature
03-01-2016, 01:06 PM
Thank you for the information.

I'll have this information passed on to the team so they can look into it!

Niyiu
03-01-2016, 03:00 PM
Windows 10.
Razer Naga 2012.
Razer Synapse software not installed.
No deadzone.

Logitech software interfering?

Disable?
Uninstall?
Test.....

I can't disable or uninstall it because without it, my headset, keyboard and mouse don't work properly, it's all Logitech.

Also many others in the steam game-reviews and steam-forums reporting the same issue, so I'm not the only one with that problem.

Christos_GR7
03-01-2016, 03:41 PM
I have the same problem with my razer mouse and I can not enjoy this great game -.-

Chillyo
03-01-2016, 04:24 PM
Yup! I have that issue as well! if i move the mouse very slowly to aim with the bow, the crosshair dont move. It makes it very hard to play and not enjoyable. :(

I have a G502, and a logitech wheel plug-in as well.

iCing2k
03-01-2016, 05:11 PM
Unfortunately, I have the same problem. Proper aiming with the bow when my crosshair is on or near the target is next to impossible as i can hardly move the mouse in these cases. It just feels wrong... Of course, i disabled all auto-aim features in the options.

Apart from that, there seems to be some kind of a forced mouse acceleration and the X/Y scaling is different. This reminds me a lot of Far Cry 4 - there were similar mouse related issues until these were patched months after the release.

Its kind of frustrating that we have the same issues once again... Why cant we have a nice 1:1 mouse input implementation? Especially, when in past Far Cry releases the mouse input has already been troublesome. This should be a non-issue after all these years and fixed ages ago.

But... here it is - again.

Btw im using a Mionix Avior 7000 without any driver software installed.

Chillyo
03-01-2016, 05:29 PM
Someone on mention it in this review;

http://www.pcinvasion.com/far-cry-primal-review

"For whatever reason, Far Cry Primal‘s mouse controls seem to have a sort of “dead zone”, where moving the mouse in tiny increments isn’t registered by the game. By and large, this isn’t a big problem… but when you’re trying to line up a headshot on a moving target from some distance, and you need to move the mouse just a tiny, tiny bit, and the aiming reticle doesn’t actually budge unless you move it further than you want to, you’re going to get annoyed. At first, in fact, I thought the mouse needed cleaning… but no."

Christos_GR7
03-01-2016, 07:51 PM
Is there any fix for that ?

Norvax_
03-01-2016, 07:54 PM
Also having the same issue, basicly impossible to aim with the bow. Using a Razer Deathadder with synapse installed, no controller plugged in.

Rickvs64
03-01-2016, 08:29 PM
Aye, same here - forced mouse acceleration that cannot be turned off entirely.

I already tried every in-game setting and every gamerprofile.xml fix that were suggested for Far Cry 4 when it was released with the same problem.

Come on, Ubisoft. This is the 3rd Far Cry game in a row that you release with this problem. There should be an option to use raw mouse input.

Niyiu
03-01-2016, 09:13 PM
I also noticed that the mouse cursor in menus works normal.. tiny movement is noticed by the game there, so only the camera-movement seems bugged.

Razrback16
03-02-2016, 12:12 AM
Same issue here as well - saw a bunch of people and multiple threads on the Steam forum with this issue.

Also a secondary issue, but related to mousing as well is I have noticed that when moving forward, if I also strafe at the same time (generally looking for diagonal movement in this case), the character will stop moving forward and only move sideways. Definitely an annoying issue. Didn't have this issue in any of the other Far Cry games.

UbiFancy
03-02-2016, 01:53 AM
Thanks to everyone for reporting this issue and for the details you've provided. Please make sure to also submit a ticket with Ubisoft support if you haven't yet. Thanks again.

support.ubi.com (http://support.ubi.com)

Rickvs64
03-02-2016, 12:24 PM
Thanks to everyone for reporting this issue and for the details you've provided. Please make sure to also submit a ticket with Ubisoft support if you haven't yet. Thanks again.

Any ETA on a possible hotfix or next patch that might solve this problem?

D4rKy26
03-02-2016, 03:54 PM
Same problem.

Razrback16
03-02-2016, 04:04 PM
Any ETA on a possible hotfix or next patch that might solve this problem?

Ya, definitely need this info as well as this mousing / aiming issue is essentially game breaking and I only have about 12 days before I have to submit for a refund to Steam or I'll miss the window.

clockner
03-02-2016, 04:56 PM
Congrats Ubisoft . Seems like you managed to include the exact same gamebreaking mouse acceleration that was also present at the far cry 4 launch . Realy nice Job . Looking at this support forum and seeing all the trouble people are having with the game iam so damn glad i didn´t bought the game . Seems like there are so much of the exact same problems of Far cry 4 AGAIN here in Far Cry Primal . Just so damn glad i didn´t bought it , so damn glad .
You Ubisoft Games are the true definition of Insanity , same broken games with the same issues over and over again .

mino-chan
03-02-2016, 06:02 PM
Yeah thats just insane. Thats all the freaking same problems over and over and over again.

- The weird mouse problem
- No freaking sound with Surroundsound Setups (DD Live, DTS Connect)
- SLI scaling like garbage

this can be found on every launch since Farcry 3 and every freaking time the release it with the same problems.

are you kidding me ubisoft? its like your devs are all homer simpson

Christos_GR7
03-02-2016, 11:07 PM
I really like the setting and the game in general. I really do enjoy it but this mouse deadzone makes me want to smash my mouse and throw it out of the window

Grey-85-
03-03-2016, 05:27 AM
Would really be nice to get a fix for this. It is so annoying trying to get any type of precision shot. Takes A LOT of the enjoyment away from combat. And we just want to enjoy this game now, we have been waiting for it. As has been mentioned. Raw 1:1 mouse movement should be standard, with optional acceleration etc. Please let us know when we can expect this to be patched. We don't want to have to wait a month(or more) for such a simple fix, we want to play the game now. I have submitted a ticket as well. Don't know why this happens with every release. The team should take a note of this, put a sticky on the board room white board :P

MrJenssen
03-03-2016, 06:27 AM
I have the same issue. It's unplayable this way, I can't hit enemies with the bow from a distance! It breaks the game on Expert difficulty. Enemies spot me when I'm close, so being able to hit then from afar is essential. But because of this pathetic bug that only an amateur developer would not notice in testing, the game is just broken.

Rickvs64
03-03-2016, 10:37 AM
Cmon Ubi, we're really craving for a hotfix here...

Xenbek
03-03-2016, 11:02 AM
Cmon Ubi, we're really craving for a hotfix here...

+1

Razrback16
03-03-2016, 04:53 PM
Definitely need some kind of time confirmation from Ubi on this. I'm giving them until 3/10 and then refunding on Steam.

Ubisoft - constructive criticism here guys, but your QA department either doesn't exist or is just blatantly incompetent. This is the type of bug that is an automatic fix. You don't release a game with a bug like this in it. If anyone even remotely familiar with gaming tested this game prior to release with a keyboard / mouse this should've been reported an fixed immediately. I remember FC4 had similar problems as well at launch. This is why so many people are skeptical to buy games from you.

Christos_GR7
03-03-2016, 06:51 PM
A guy on the steam forums posted a possible temporary solution . He said that you have to turn down completely the sensitivity in primal and raise it in the windows control panel. I have not tested this yet but it may help you until Ubisoft release the patch

Quartermoon
03-03-2016, 10:39 PM
Same issue here. It's a deal-breaker for me as it's horrible to play, but I can't get a refund because I didn't buy from Steam. Reported to ubi support. Appalling fundamental issue that somehow slipped through the net.

Grey-85-
03-04-2016, 04:29 AM
Can we please get an update, status, something. An acknowledgement the devs have gotten word would be nice. This should be easy for them to fix, they've done it before. PLEASE.

polo0502
03-04-2016, 08:01 AM
Ok here's a temporary solution. Simply expose as much as possible DPI on your mouse then re-adjust the sensitivity of the mouse in the game for themselves. The more DPI the better. 2000 DPI - too little, 3000 DPI - still not enough, 4000 DPI - almost normal (my mouse supports a maximum of 4000 DPI). However, there are still some problems, the aiming is not as responsive as we would like. But all significantly better than before. I do not fully explored the relationship to improve targeting of DPI growth, I suggest experimenting with the DPI, to find the optimal value. 4000 is fine for me.

A guy on the steam forums posted a possible temporary solution . He said that you have to turn down completely the sensitivity in primal and raise it in the windows control panel. I have not tested this yet but it may help you until Ubisoft release the patch

It does not work for me. Increased sensitivity in the windows control panel is almost does not increase the sensitivity of the game.

Quartermoon
03-04-2016, 05:34 PM
Some people seem to have had success with this, and it's helped me. It's not quite right but maybe 70% better. My Logitech G5 mouse has sensitivity buttons (3 levels), so I just push it up to max when I'm in the game and reduce the sensitivity of the mouse from the game settings by around 50% what they were. It means that it's a little too sensitive in menus, but aiming is a lot better.

Xenbek
03-05-2016, 02:27 PM
c'mon, where is the fix? can't even enjoy the game because of this nonsense

Rickvs64
03-05-2016, 04:59 PM
Where's the ****ing fix?

So far I've kept cool but it's already been almost a bloody week and we haven't even heard as much as an acknowledgement.
A reply in 48 hours when you try Ubisoft support? Yeah right, I submitted a ticket 3 days ago and haven't heard a single word back from them.

THIS IS MAKING THE GAME UNPLAYABLE.
I've been playing the game for about 10 hours now relying on a crutch mechanic like Aim Assist to compensate for impossible aiming but even then it's not enough.
Every single time Aim Assist decides to say "No **** it, you'll still miss" even though I'm aiming right at a target, I pretty much instantly lose.
Those "eliminate target while staying undetected" kind of missions are utterly impossible for me to complete. Aim Assist will **** it up, the enemies spot me after the missed shot and everything goes to ****.

I've so little faith in Ubisoft at this point it's absolutely incredible. It's ******ed that we have to deal with the same ****ty bug that we had to deal with in both Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4 and every single time I am amazed by how this made it through testing.
What the hell, Ubisoft? Do you use some kind of automated process to convert your games to PC? Do you have 1 guy playing the game for 5 minutes and then say "Yep it's running alright, let's put it up for sale, guys!"
Any moron would've instantly spotted this bug, let alone 10 or so professional QA testers that play the full PC version for at least 5 hours as should be expected from any half decent game development company.

I can't play the game until this is fixed. The game is completely broken due to this, but it's nice to see how little ****s Ubisoft really gives in the end.

Grey-85-
03-06-2016, 01:02 AM
Thank you very much for your feedback. We greatly appreciate the passion you have for our games.

I will be forwarding this up to the proper individuals for review. Thank you for your time, and I hope you enjoy the game!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the response i got. Took about 2.75 days. I appreciate that it's been passed on, but by now we should have a patch, or at least an acknowledgment it is coming. If it wasn't such an easy fix i would be less annoyed, but this should be fixed already.

As has been said, this has been fixed by them before, so why the heck are we waiting so long. Ubi, this is bad form, we know it's not a hard fix!

Give us an hot fix/update.

Sincerely,

Your customers who are still supporting you by buying your games at release for full price.

polo0502
03-06-2016, 08:02 AM
Some people seem to have had success with this, and it's helped me. It's not quite right but maybe 70% better. My Logitech G5 mouse has sensitivity buttons (3 levels), so I just push it up to max when I'm in the game and reduce the sensitivity of the mouse from the game settings by around 50% what they were. It means that it's a little too sensitive in menus, but aiming is a lot better.

Unfortunately, logitech g5 has a maximum of 2000 dpi, which is not so much solve the problem, as we would like.

Xenbek, Rickvs64, Garkon85, have you tried my decision in my previous post on this page?

Xenbek
03-06-2016, 09:31 AM
Unfortunately, logitech g5 has a maximum of 2000 dpi, which is not so much solve the problem, as we would like.

Xenbek, Rickvs64, Garkon85, have you tried my decision in my previous post on this page?

sure, I tried everything mentioned in this thread and also advices mentioned in some steam treads. None of those so called fixes simply doesnt work.

Atmo_nS
03-06-2016, 10:00 PM
Happening to me as well, and like many others here it's affecting my ability to enjoy the game.

I'm using a Logitech G710+ Keyboard and a Logitech G402 Mouse. With the Logitech Gaming Software version 8.76.155, although I'm willing to bet it has nothing to do with anyones hardware.

Ubisoft, these types of bugs should be patched IMMEDIATELY, and you should not be waiting to implement them with the other smaller fixes if that's indeed what you guys are doing.

Grey-85-
03-06-2016, 11:48 PM

Yes, I've done what i can to minimize it adjusting sensitivity settings etc right when i first noticed this. (thanks for making sure i saw just in case i had not though) Helps a bit. But when your trying to move a tiny bit, that initial delay is still there. (My mouse does not have adjustable dpi, i used to have one, but ended up never using the feature, i see no reason to have a mouse that does that. I surely don't want to buy a new mouse, my current Logitech has always been perfect)

Nukoto_
03-07-2016, 02:33 AM
Its actually disgusting that there has been no update on an issue so many are requesting a fix for. A week from launch and I and others can't play the game comfortably. Can honestly say this will be the last time I am stupid enough to buy a ubisoft game on PC.

Grey-85-
03-07-2016, 06:09 AM
Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Support.

I can definitely understand the the frustration with the mouse. It was my understanding that if the auto aim was off it would use raw mouse input. This could be an issue with the aim assist not fully disabling. I will certainly forward this up to the development team for review!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, appreciated, just wish they would hurry up.

Razrback16
03-08-2016, 06:04 PM
Anybody heard anything at all on this? Going to need to refund within the next couple days so I don't miss the window if they aren't going to fix it. Game is unplayable with this issue.

Grey-85-
03-08-2016, 08:26 PM
I feel like it has been fixed. Or greatly improved. I can move the aim more subtly. I cant continue to move the mouse at a very small rate and have it stay in spot, it will move. I'm gonna call it playable. Do you guys feel the same? It is either fixed or i have adapted to the broken aiming. Tell me what you think guys.

@razrback jump in the game for a min or two and test it, only way you will know for sure, but it feels better to me.

Razrback16
03-08-2016, 10:48 PM
I feel like it has been fixed. Or greatly improved. I can move the aim more subtly. I cant continue to move the mouse at a very small rate and have it stay in spot, it will move. I'm gonna call it playable. Do you guys feel the same? It is either fixed or i have adapted to the broken aiming. Tell me what you think guys.

@razrback jump in the game for a min or two and test it, only way you will know for sure, but it feels better to me.

Jumped into it for about 10 mins - appears to still be broken.
The more I walk around in the world, it becomes more and more evident that Far Cry 4 had better graphics. Wonder if they dumbed down some settings to try to make the console version not appear to be as far behind.

Ubi_Jax
03-09-2016, 05:53 PM
Hi everyone.

We'd like to provide an update on this issue. We're aware that there is a deadzone on mouse for PC players. We're currently working on adding an option to disable this, which will be available in a future title update.

In order to try and help with this issue, we'd recommend to raise the mouse sensitivity/ DPI if your mouse allows it. You can also try changing these options via the mouses native software if available.

Thanks.

mazora
03-11-2016, 07:51 AM
Can confirm, it feels like I am using my worn-out N64 controller when trying to aim with the bow/spear. Slowly moving the mouse when aiming, for that precise kill, does not work. And it is very, very annoying.

Janne252
03-13-2016, 06:39 PM
Setting sensitivity to 0% and acceleration to 100% seems to fix it for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJDUXMlvgns

I'm not used to non-linear mouse movement but at least it's playable that way.

clockner
03-14-2016, 02:25 PM
Setting sensitivity to 0% and acceleration to 100% seems to fix it for me

This is no fix , this is a compromise at best or how i would call it a joke . Nothing against you , you want to help and we appreciate that but Ubisoft simply needs to fix this . The worst thing is that this exact same problem was present at the far cry 4 launch and the forum was full with people complaining about it . It was a major problem and yet ubisoft does the same thing again . Is it realy that hard to make a game with a propper mouse movement or a raw input ? Far Cry 3 negativ Accel , Far Cry Blood Dragon negativ Accel , Far Cry 4 Accel / Deadzone , Far Cry Primal Accel / Deadzone . Not even speaking of Assassins Creed or Watch Dogs , same broken Mouse Movement aswell of course . Embarrassing Ubisoft , absolutely embarrassing .......

Razrback16
03-14-2016, 08:33 PM
This is no fix , this is a compromise at best or how i would call it a joke . Nothing against you , you want to help and we appreciate that but Ubisoft simply needs to fix this . The worst thing is that this exact same problem was present at the far cry 4 launch and the forum was full with people complaining about it . It was a major problem and yet ubisoft does the same thing again . Is it realy that hard to make a game with a propper mouse movement or a raw input ? Far Cry 3 negativ Accel , Far Cry Blood Dragon negativ Accel , Far Cry 4 Accel / Deadzone , Far Cry Primal Accel / Deadzone . Not even speaking of Assassins Creed or Watch Dogs , same broken Mouse Movement aswell of course . Embarrassing Ubisoft , absolutely embarrassing .......

Ya I just went ahead and refunded it on Steam. Maybe I'll buy it down the road for 75% off when it's working right. Too bad Ubisoft doesn't have a competent QA department. This type of issue should be an automatic sight adjustment when testing a FPS game as releasing a game like this makes it borderline unplayable for people who use the mouse and keyboard (most traditional FPS gamers). Very sad, especially considering FC3 and FC4 released with the same problems.

Grey-85-
03-15-2016, 08:53 AM
Agreed, UBI, you have our money, fix this ****.

mazora
03-15-2016, 06:18 PM
Patch is up. Mouse is still broken. So I guess we'll have to wait another few weeks?

gingerloaf
03-15-2016, 09:25 PM
Yeah, doesn't fix it for me. Unbelievable.

Boogur
03-16-2016, 03:22 AM
Jesus Christ how hard is it to fix this? This is the only game I have ever encounter deadzone on mouse movement.

Rickvs64
03-16-2016, 09:56 AM
Patch is up. Mouse is still broken. So I guess we'll have to wait another few weeks?

Months*

Rickvs64
03-16-2016, 10:01 AM
Good job Ubisoft. Absolutely fantastic.

It's a simple fix you've done with all the previous games. Now you removed the ability for players to fix it themselves and failed to fix it yourself after having received COUNTLESS support threads and complaints. You just... forgot about us.

Again, good job! Truly impressive.
It was already a remarkable feat of your QA testing department to let the game release with that major bug, and now they had to test multiple issues in a patch on PC to check whether or not they're fixed and they still didn't notice the ******ed mouse deadzone issue. Nor did the developers realize.

This is just... top kek. A whole new level of laughable.
It makes me sad to know how little I can really do about it in the end, but I'll make damn sure I do the best I can do in making sure I or anyone I know who even considers buying an Ubisoft product in the future won't go through. This is so distasteful. Ubisoft should've gone bankrupt long, long ago.
Trash support.
Trash developers.
Trash marketing.
Trash testers.
Trash company that clearly doesn't have a clue about what actual gamers want and how they play.

clockner
03-16-2016, 02:24 PM
On the Far Cry 4 Launch there where multiple Threads in this forum about pretty much the exact same issue . I dont talk about Threads with 1-2 Posts , i talk about several Threads with up to 100+ Posts so it obviously was a major issue , and here we are , Far Cry Primal launches with the same crap . I was so god damn smart not buying this , i just knew it would be a mess like this ......

gingerloaf
03-16-2016, 02:39 PM
I just don't understand. Those of us on PC literally can't play because we can't aim. It's insane that this hasn't been fixed yet!

mazora
03-16-2016, 04:35 PM

Made ticket 5 days ago, still no reply.

clockner
03-16-2016, 06:10 PM

Why are you contacting the Ubisoft Support , you think they can help you ? 90 % of them dont know what you or even themselfs are talking about . On the Far Cry 4 Launch a former friend contacted them because of the SLI troubles he had with the game . They adviced him to remove one Graphics Card to be able to play the game properly at the state the game was back then . Think about that , they didn´t adviced him to disable the second Graphics Card in the Control Center , they adviced him to remove the whole bloody card and no , this is absolutely no joke .

Atmo_nS
03-17-2016, 06:47 PM
Wow, so a thread with 6 full pages about the issue and it still doesn't get fixed? It's not even on the sticky thread of known bugs and issues. LMAO

How did no one in the creation of the game notice this issue? I can move my mouse 3/4 of an inch before seeing any movement in game. Is that not obvious to you? Makes me wonder how you guys even make video games with an oblivious nature such as that.

Get it together.

UbiBooma
03-17-2016, 07:32 PM

Send me a PM with your ticket # and I will try to get their attention. I'm more likely to be able to do so if you are in North America. If you are in Europe it is more difficult for me. PM me either way though, I'll try to help. :)

gingerloaf
03-17-2016, 07:38 PM
Send me a PM with your ticket # and I will try to get their attention. I'm more likely to be able to do so if you are in North America. If you are in Europe it is more difficult for me. PM me either way though, I'll try to help. :)

Can you please forward this issue to someone who can help? Clearly there are a lot of us with this issue. It's really disheartening as a far cry fan to not be able to play it after spending so much on it.

UbiBooma
03-17-2016, 07:45 PM
Can you please forward this issue to someone who can help? Clearly there are a lot of us with this issue. It's really disheartening as a far cry fan to not be able to play it after spending so much on it.

Hi gingerloaf. I'm referring people to the technical support team (http://support.ubi.com)because they are the ones who can help. The more information you give them, the more quickly they can fix the issue. Calling them by phone (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/60/3888/international-support-contacts/kA030000000eiChCAI)can be very helpful as well.

WID992007
03-18-2016, 07:11 PM
make sure if you have windows 10 your problem is not caused by the recent screwy Windows 10 Update too

see

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/48pae4/random_mouse_lagging_and_beeping/

Atmo_nS
03-20-2016, 09:14 PM
make sure if you have windows 10 your problem is not caused by the recent screwy Windows 10 Update too

see

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/48pae4/random_mouse_lagging_and_beeping/

I can assure you this is not the issue for 98% of the people in this thread.

gingerloaf
03-23-2016, 07:48 PM
Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Customer Support.
Our records indicate that you submitted a ticket and are waiting for a response. We are truly sorry for the delay.

On March 8th, Ubisoft released its largest IP in history. The interest we've experienced has been overwhelming and we haven't been able to answer cases as quickly as we would like. While this is NO excuse for slow service, it’s important that we provide you with the reason for the delay.

So the Division comes out and we can't play our newly released game STILL nearly a month later? Not an excuse.

mazora
03-24-2016, 03:52 PM
So the Division comes out and we can't play our newly released game STILL nearly a month later? Not an excuse.
Well,, it's playabe. Just feels really handicapped.

13 days still no reply from Ubisoft Europe on my ticket by the way.

Gamezalot
03-27-2016, 01:22 AM
Using a combination of suggestions in this thread I fixed this issue, at least in a way that's working for me.

I have a Logitech G700s mouse, and I set one of my DPI presets to 3200, although the mouse supports up to 8000. Then, in the game's mouse settings, I set both the mouse sensitivity and acceleration to roughly the same value, something really low, like this...

http://s28.postimg.org/afdz8nlel/FCPrimal_2016_03_26_19_06_09_23.jpg

Now I get a good, playable sensitivity plus when I need to make small aiming adjustments it's perfectly smooth and there's ZERO lag/deadzone in the mouse! Seriously. I can make single-pixel adjustments with no problem. In fact, now I'm curious to try this in some other games that have "notchy" mouse aiming.

Obviously, my settings are personal to me, and I'm sure they aren't going to be favorable to everyone, so playing around with the in-game sliders is going to be needed to find the sweet spot. I can confirm, however, that bumping up the DPI on my mouse is what made all the difference in the world. Yes, the mouse cursor in the menu screens is faster, but not anything outrageous and I got used to it after only a few minutes of use. Hopefully this helps someone else here.

Good luck!

TheRadarX
03-27-2016, 05:56 PM
Just joined the forum to confirm that I am having the same, game breaking issue. Have been googling all morning trying to find a fix when I came upon this thread. Unbelievable that this hasn't been fixed yet!

Note: I have tried various DPI options but none of them really seem to do it for me. There's still definitely a deadzone that ends up making precision more difficult and twitchy than it should be.

UbiBooma
03-27-2016, 07:40 PM
Just joined the forum to confirm that I am having the same, game breaking issue. Have been googling all morning trying to find a fix when I came upon this thread. Unbelievable that this hasn't been fixed yet!

Note: I have tried various DPI options but none of them really seem to do it for me. There's still definitely a deadzone that ends up making precision more difficult and twitchy than it should be.

Welcome to the forums, TheRadarX. We're sorry to hear that you're having this issue, and that nothing has seemed to resolve it for you. Have you gone to our support (http://support.ubi.com)portal to look for troubleshooting help?

gingerloaf
03-28-2016, 02:02 AM
Welcome to the forums, TheRadarX. We're sorry to hear that you're having this issue, and that nothing has seemed to resolve it for you. Have you gone to our support (http://support.ubi.com)portal to look for troubleshooting help?

We've all tried the support portal with no useful response because of The Division taking up all the resources. This is really bad business practice to ignore such a glaring problem for a MONTH after release! We literally cannot aim. It's vital to playing the game.

andeathSWE
04-03-2016, 12:41 AM
Word!

I also have the "dead-zone" issue.

Razer Naga 2012 (with Razer Synapse)
Windows 10

Tried running it with several different settings but nothing seems to be working. I agree with you completely!

FC9419
04-03-2016, 04:52 PM
I've found a solution. The patch.dat file can't be extracted but you can simply modify it's raw content. I simply renamed "deadzone" to "deadzona" for disabling any deadzones. See http://imgur.com/iAwU8HW

Hope this works also for other people... now I can start playing...

CJBok
04-04-2016, 07:54 AM
I've found a solution. The patch.dat file can't be extracted but you can simply modify it's raw content. I simply renamed "deadzone" to "deadzona" for disabling any deadzones. See http://imgur.com/iAwU8HW

Hope this works also for other people... now I can start playing...

You sir, are the f***ing mastermind! Works perfectly!!!!!!

Viragoxv535
04-04-2016, 01:46 PM
FC9419 solution seems to work actually.

Make a backup copy of the file patch.dat from directory

UPlay
Program Files (X86)\Ubisoft\Far Cry Primal\data_win32
Steam
Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Far Cry Primal\data_win32

download an Hex Editor like HxD (https://mh-nexus.de/en/downloads.php?product=HxD) and open patch.dat file in it.

Search for deadzone and you'll find 2 entries at 0x00000126 and 0x00004260, highlight and edit the last letter to anything (es. deadzona).
Save the file. Done.

mazora
04-04-2016, 02:51 PM
Can confirm, it works! Funny how a problem that has been known for exactly an entire month can be fixed so easily. And how little Ubisoft seems to be doing to actually fix it.

Grey-85-
04-06-2016, 06:12 AM
THANK YOU FC9419. This fix worked. Remember there are two deadzone entries guys. Edit them both.

OMG, the mouse feels soooooo much better, it's literally perfect. Looks like I'll actually be able to play the game now, and enjoy it. I had stopped. Question will ubi's next pack break this? Knowing them, they'll change something and this will not work after.

Thanks for absolutely nothing UBI. Nothing. Terrible job, shame on you.

I see why people are so against your company now. I understand. You could care less about your customers. We paid sixty dollars for this game, and you couldn't fix a damn mouse issue, that was 100% fixable, EASILY. Pathetic really. Again, shame on you.

Rickvs64
04-06-2016, 08:33 AM
I see why people are so against your company now. I understand. You could care less about your customers. We paid sixty dollars for this game, and you couldn't fix a damn mouse issue, that was 100% fixable, EASILY. Pathetic really. Again, shame on you.

Same here. I thought it was just some hate-bandwagon that everyone liked to ********** with despite almost every gamedeveloper being nearly equally toxic nowadays, but now I finally see just how absolutely ******ed Ubisoft's PC department really is. It's terrible. There are no words for this. And it sickens me that there's nothing I or anyone else here can really do about it other than simply not buying any future Ubisoft products. I know I sure as hell won't.

Thanks FC9419, fix works flawlessly. Us now being able to play properly is likely just another reason to Ubisoft to take even longer to fix it themselves, but whatever. It's a hollow shell of a game anyway.

Boogur
04-06-2016, 08:37 AM
I can confirm it works. Deleting just the letter e and replacing with the letter a didn't do it for me. I had to highlight the whole word and retype "deadzona" and then it worked.

clockner
04-08-2016, 08:38 AM
And here we go again . Just like in Far Cry 4 the community needed to fix this . Mouse Translation was utterly broken at the Far Cry 4 release and the community fixed it because ubisoft couldn´t get it done . What makes this one in Far Cry Primal even more ridicolous is the fact that people directly adressed that there was a "Deadzone Issue" and there is an actual "Deadzone Value Line" in these files wich shouldn´t be hard to figure out for the development team at all . This just shows how much ubisoft cares , not one damn bit . Or maybe they realy do care but are just that incompetent . Either way stuff like this is as embarrassing as it can get .

Rickvs64
04-08-2016, 08:43 AM
This just shows how much ubisoft cares , not one damn bit . Or maybe they realy do care but are just that incompetent . Either way stuff like this is as embarrassing as it can get .

I'm willing to bet 10 bucks that IF they test the PC version at all, they do so with a controller.
Top kek development.

akunamatataa
04-08-2016, 11:02 AM
I created a Steam guide based on FC9419 solution for a simple fix:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=661314416

All you need is IPS patch (1 KB) that I made and IPSWin app (246 KB) from its developer's site.

Razrback16
04-08-2016, 06:19 PM
And here we go again . Just like in Far Cry 4 the community needed to fix this . Mouse Translation was utterly broken at the Far Cry 4 release and the community fixed it because ubisoft couldn´t get it done . What makes this one in Far Cry Primal even more ridicolous is the fact that people directly adressed that there was a "Deadzone Issue" and there is an actual "Deadzone Value Line" in these files wich shouldn´t be hard to figure out for the development team at all . This just shows how much ubisoft cares , not one damn bit . Or maybe they realy do care but are just that incompetent . Either way stuff like this is as embarrassing as it can get .

No doubt about it. I had payed the full $65 for the Apex edition originally on Steam. Glad I refunded it and got all of my money back. I will wait for the 4k texture pack, and then buy it on sale for half price or less. They don't deserve retail $ when "WE" the consumers have to fix their broken software that they release.

Razrback16
04-08-2016, 06:21 PM
I created a Steam guide based on FC9419 solution for a simple fix:

All you need is IPS patch (1 KB) that I made and IPSWin app (246 KB) from its developer's site.

Thanks akun - very nice of you. Have this thread bookmarked to use your fix down the road.

clockner
04-08-2016, 06:25 PM
I'm willing to bet 10 bucks that IF they test the PC version at all, they do so with a controller.
Top kek development.

Thats what i have said a few pages ago & yep , thats how they are testing PC Versions at the end . Idiotic ....

akunamatataa
04-09-2016, 08:50 AM
Have this thread bookmarked to use your fix down the road.
The current patch works ONLY for the version 1.2.0.
Hopefully they will fix this bug in the next update that's scheduled at April 12.
Anyway, I will make a new patch and update my guide immediately after future game updates.

akunamatataa
04-12-2016, 08:14 AM
Just updated my Steam guide to a version 1.3.0:

If for whatever reason you didn't want to update your game, I left there a link to the previous version (1.2.0).

akunamatataa
04-12-2016, 10:16 AM
They apparently finally fixed it.

"Add option to turn off mouse deadzones"

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15704151/Deadzone_off.jpg

Janne252
04-18-2016, 10:15 AM
They apparently finally fixed it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15704151/Deadzone_off.jpg

Thanks for posting that.

I created a support ticket about this and it only took Ubisoft 37 days to reply to it. Unfortunately the reply was the usual one where the guy had no idea what so ever. Not even a clue. Probably didn't even read my message, just pasted in the usual crap.

Rickvs64
04-18-2016, 11:37 AM
Why it defaults to "ON" is beyond me and just further proves that Ubisoft truly doesn't have the slightest clue about PC gamers, but I'm glad they finally fixed it.

clockner
04-18-2016, 02:33 PM
Why it defaults to "ON" is beyond me and just further proves that Ubisoft truly doesn't have the slightest clue about PC gamers, but I'm glad they finally fixed it.

They fixed it ? Are you kidding me ? They did nothing but copying the fix from the guy who found out what the problem was . If this guy didn´t found out this still wouldn´t have been fixed . Also that they added to turn the deadzone on and off is ridicolous , who wants to turn that on in the first place ? Idiotic ....