PDA

View Full Version : Solution for Far Cry Primal: Error 88500014

Rogkano
03-01-2016, 10:21 AM
Hi guys,

i've also got the Error 88500014.

After spending an hour on reading this and the Steam forum, i've found a simple comment to fix the problem.

Try disabling your firewall.
It worked for me and the game started.
After the game launched, quit it and turn Uplay to offline and your firewall back on.
After that the game still started for me.

For your information, i'm using the firewall of Bitdefender Internet Security 2016.
Even though farcryprimal and uplay were in the exception list, it wouldn't start.

michaelmknight
03-01-2016, 10:34 AM
Hi guys,

i've also got the Error 88500014.

After spending an hour on reading this and the Steam forum, i've found a simple comment to fix the problem.

Try disabling your firewall.
It worked for me and the game started.
After the game launched, quit it and turn Uplay to offline and your firewall back on.
After that the game still started for me.

For your information, i'm using the firewall of Bitdefender Internet Security 2016.
Even though farcryprimal and uplay were in the exception list, it wouldn't start.

I posted this fix too, but I wouldn't recommend disabling the firewall, just allow the .exe files access to the internet. This way you're still protected by your firewall. Turning it off, you're leaving your PC wide open to attacks.

Skabb15
03-01-2016, 10:35 AM
I posted this fix too, but I wouldn't recommend disabling the firewall, just allow the .exe files access to the internet. This way you're still protected by your firewall. Turning it off, you're leaving your PC wide open to attacks.

Superman saves us all again! Except that didnt work AT ALL. Maybe next, superman will tell us to wiggle the power cord....

Rogkano
03-01-2016, 10:51 AM
AS i've posted, both farcryprimal.exe and uplay.exe were allowed to completly access the internet, but it didn't work.
Only disabling the firewall allowed the game to start.

My guess is that another uplay executable tries to access the activation servers but doesn't tries to gain access via a firewall exception.

Skabb15
03-01-2016, 10:54 AM
AS i've posted, both farcryprimal.exe and uplay.exe were allowed to completly access the internet, but it didn't work.
Only disabling the firewall allowed the game to start.

My guess is that another uplay executable tries to access the activation servers but doesn't tries to gain access via a firewall exception.

I use the exact same firewall program as him. Ive tried both adding exceptions for EVERY .exe in the Uplay folder and I have disabled the whole thing, firewall, spamblocker, antivirus, etc and it didnt work. Thats why people are saying the problem is on Ubisofts end because its the same error, regardless of setup and what works for one person doesnt work for others.

Zeptinune
03-01-2016, 11:38 AM
Tried the same thing including disabling the module altogether. My Windows was installed only 4 days ago and this is the first Uplay game I've bought so I doubt something else has had a chance to mess with UPlay. I have the same AV and Firewall (Bitdefender). Also tried a reboot, just allowing the .exe files and other methods. Nothing seems to work and I get the same error every time. I'm pretty angry.

edodedo1
03-01-2016, 01:06 PM
anything new from UBI??

Zeptinune
03-01-2016, 02:00 PM
Here's a fix:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1398856-Temporary-Fix-Far-Cry-Primal-Error-88500014?p=11426949&viewfull=1#post11426949