PDA

View Full Version : Release Date

jakey_cakes
02-27-2016, 01:57 AM
Hi,

In regards to the release date, i am aware that the game unlocks on the 1st of march but will it be region specific? for example in Australia i am basically a day ahead of the US. Will it unlock for me at 12am on the 1st of march or will i have to wait til the 1st of march in a different time zone?

thanks.

Viragoxv535
02-27-2016, 06:32 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums.

PC Release time is February 29th - 9.00PM PST
(Mar 1st @ 12.00AM EST / 6.00AM CET / 4.00PM AEDT)

You may check the time converter here (http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?pl=1&lid=8,0,3183063&h=8&date=2/29/2016%7C3)

kira1004
02-29-2016, 05:44 AM
I don't get it then, why set the retail release for a Tuesday if you aren't gonna release it until an hour before a lot of the retailers close up for the day, a lot of people will head home after pickup to find they can't play the game they paid for when they want to, also this translates to 7PM AEST.

markl.nz
02-29-2016, 08:33 PM
I don't get it then, why set the retail release for a Tuesday if you aren't gonna release it until an hour before a lot of the retailers close up for the day, a lot of people will head home after pickup to find they can't play the game they paid for when they want to, also this translates to 7PM AEST.

Have you considered buying it online? Then you don't have to worry about getting to a retail store. Also, I'd assume that stores will still sell it to you during the day today. You just will need to wait for the official "go live" time to play.

By the way you're wrong about the time - 9pm PST (US Pacific Standard TIme) is actually 3pm Australian Eastern Standard Time. You're lucky - I'm in New Zealand so I have to wait 'til 6PM NZDT.

Honestly Ubi, if you say "1 March" then for gods sake, make it MIDNIGHT 1 March in whatever timezone the customer is in. Please? It's not that hard to do!

kira1004
02-29-2016, 09:27 PM
Yeah, that time thing was a stupid Steam mistake, found out about it on the Steam forums. Also, I buy retail because I wanted the map/phrasebook which are not going to come out digitally and the fact that it means I have to download almost nothing in order to play.

RoyalDeath
02-29-2016, 10:01 PM
Hello,

I am from the Netherlands and 6:00AM is indeed kind of a strange time.
Is there any possibility for an earlier release. Or is the timer really set to one set time?

I would like to know if I should go to bed, or wait up.

BostonFlynn
02-29-2016, 11:42 PM
Have you considered buying it online? Then you don't have to worry about getting to a retail store. Also, I'd assume that stores will still sell it to you during the day today. You just will need to wait for the official "go live" time to play.

By the way you're wrong about the time - 9pm PST (US Pacific Standard TIme) is actually 3pm Australian Eastern Standard Time. You're lucky - I'm in New Zealand so I have to wait 'til 6PM NZDT.

Honestly Ubi, if you say "1 March" then for gods sake, make it MIDNIGHT 1 March in whatever timezone the customer is in. Please? It's not that hard to do!

Yeah, got mine from green man gaming and I still won't be able to unlock it until 4pm or so. Like you said: Make it Midnight, whatever timezone the customer lives in.

Is it about giving away gameplay secrets? Is it about let's plays on Youtube? The game's already been out for a week on console all of that should be moot.