PDA

View Full Version : Tracking with binos.

flat6nut
07-19-2004, 04:31 PM
I really hate this feature for MP. As if its not bad enough you can shoot your enemy just by zeroing in on his name tag with your crosshairs....being able to pull out the binos and track everyone on the map either through binos or the radar is simply weak. The binos dont even give off lens flare. This is the one thing I would love more than anything to be able to disable on the server.

I know...the ones that use it to make up for their lack of skill will chime in that its part of the game. Fine by me...go ahead and chime in...we'll all know your lacking skills.

WickedWeasel........American Bad ***

flat6nut
07-19-2004, 04:31 PM
I really hate this feature for MP. As if its not bad enough you can shoot your enemy just by zeroing in on his name tag with your crosshairs....being able to pull out the binos and track everyone on the map either through binos or the radar is simply weak. The binos dont even give off lens flare. This is the one thing I would love more than anything to be able to disable on the server.

I know...the ones that use it to make up for their lack of skill will chime in that its part of the game. Fine by me...go ahead and chime in...we'll all know your lacking skills.

dk8pack
07-19-2004, 04:46 PM
i agree!! (hah i havent played a single game of MP yet cause crytek sucks and my cd key wont work)

eiles
07-19-2004, 04:56 PM
The feature itself is not a bad idea, but I think they need to give them battery life just like cryvision. That would make it a bit more fair.

dk8pack
07-19-2004, 05:02 PM
nah people can use then for a second and spot the enemy but that will take hardly any battery life away, and once they die im assuming they get a new pair of binoculars anyways, so disabling them is the way to go i think

eiles
07-19-2004, 05:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dk8pack:
nah people can use then for a second and spot the enemy but that will take hardly any battery life away, and once they die im assuming they get a new pair of binoculars anyways, so disabling them is the way to go i think<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
In FFA, and TDM, you don't get Binocs automatically, you have to find them, and get to them without dying. Since most maps seem to put them in a very open area, right in the middle of the maps, it is not an easy task to accomplish.

Mad_Murdock2k
07-19-2004, 06:31 PM
Well, I would agree, but since you have Monkey Island, which can be a sniper haven and they can get to places that is sometimes very hard to spot, the Binocs only make it fair. What I don't like, is that there is at least one place you can hide and can't see them with the binocs. Get rid of the snipers hiding spots and then there is no need for the BiNocs

__________________________________________________ __________

Have your voted ?

[1]Rate the Forums Tech Support (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=170106891&m=237105814) [2]Why did you buy this game ? SP or MP ? (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=452106891&m=531104034) [3]Which Video Card Do You Own ? (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=452106891&m=167106834) [4] Rate the Far Cry Forums Moderators (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=836109392&m=343108035)

flat6nut
07-19-2004, 07:25 PM
I usually agree with your posts Mad_Murdock2k, but this time I have to dissagree. The sniper that has the set of binos is the problem, not the regular joe using them. A sniper holding the binos does not need to scan with the rifle zoomed in...he can just find you with the binos "that have no lens flare", and then quickly zoom in with the rifle and take you out. My usual load out is knife, pistol, p90, and the sniper rifle. "I refuse to use explosives...minus the hand thrown nades. If I have binos in hand I am unstopable. So as a person that will grab up the binos I know just how deadly they can be in the right hands.

On the other hand if no one is using the binos, I do not ever have a problem finding and killing the snipers on Monekybay. The only reason I will even carry the sniper rifle is to shoot other snipers. I prefer killing with the pistol or the knife...the p90 is for the rocket jocks and ociw/g36 tools.

The biggest thing I miss about playing Ghost Recon is the ability to custom configure every aspect of the MP server....# of respawns, weapons, sensors, explosives, etc...

I have heard many complaints about what the developers of Far Cry did wrong with this game. My only gripe has been whey didnt they make the MP game more friendly for the server admin. This is the #1 thing that makes or breaks a great MP game. I do think that after the modders get ahold of whatever they need, this game will improve for Mp play, and there will be more servers to choose from that best fit our mood.