PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE 3.9.0 - KTM event

Ubi-JollyCharly
02-19-2016, 12:37 PM
http://tina.redlynx.com/img/Patch-Notes.jpg

Are you prepared for something TRULY EXCITING?
Trials Frontier has teamed up with KTM to bring our players a BRAND NEW BIKE and some serious racing with the KTM Tournament event!
And the best part? Not a Horse Bike in sight! The KTM 500-EXC introduces a new bike type in the Trials Frontier world: LEGENDARY BIKE.
This little powerhouse will crush the competition! And what would be better way to introduce the new bike than to have the KTM Tournament event where you need to learn to master the new bike. You can even win the bike for yourself!

KTM event

The KTM Tournament is a 4-week event during which you will be offered to ride 10 tier 1 tracks each week. Those 10 tracks will form the weekly event leaderboards. You can find these tracks on the World Map, sliding down the event panel.
To keep the tournament fair, the KTM 500-EXC will have identical upgrade level for everyone participating in the tournament. Each week, you will be rewarded prizes according to your position on the weekly leaderboard.
Eager to start? Then keep on reading to find out more about the event !

Weekly Leaderboard rewards

You will be rewarded prizes according to your position on the weekly leaderboard. The rewards are cumulative, meaning that you receive the reward for your highest rank as well as all of the lower ones.
For example: a player in the top 5% would receive a total of 5 Blueprint pieces, as well as the track reward for that week.

1 position: Full 500-EXC bike (20 Blueprint pieces OR 50 Gems if KTM is built).
Top 5%: 2 pieces of 500-EXC Blueprints OR 20 Gems if KTM is built.
Top 10%: 2 pieces of 500-EXC Blueprints OR 20 Gems if KTM is built.
Top 15% 1 piece of 500-EXC Blueprints OR 10 Gems if KTM is built.
Top 20%: Weekly track reward :

Week 1: Leaping Hollows
Week 2: Muddy Mounds
Week 3: Lost Race Track
Week 4: Endurance Run

To help you compete and receive as much rewards as possible, two bundles will be available during the entirety of the event, 4 weeks starting from 18th of February.

KTM Gear Bundle:
The KTM Gear bundle includes:

KTM Rider Gear outfit
500-EXC Bikeskin
400 000 coins
400 gems

Fuel Addict Bundle:
This Bundle is for all those riders who keep on running out of fuel ! It includes:

+50 Fuel Tank Upgrade
800 000 coins
800 gems

The KTM event isn’t the only novelty that came along with this update ! The Cartographer's story keeps on going, and improvements to the game have been implemented.

New Map area – Petrol Falls

The Cartographer has some excellent news. He has found a new uncharted area in Frontier! The new mission ‘Petrol Falls’ introduces a new area and 3 brand new tracks: Concealed Entryway, Petrol Falls Path and Trial of Courage.

Other changes

Doughnut counter: The items menu will show how many doughnuts the player owns [iOS]
Slot machine Balancing: The Slot Machine tasks have been re-balanced to get rid of the impossible missions
Other Bug fixes

dutscher-DE
02-19-2016, 01:58 PM
hey Ubi-JollyCharly (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1905661-Ubi-JollyCharly) ,

can say me how the new uncharted area is called? is it "petrol falls". and how are the first area is called? which area is "seymore" and which piece is "lotz"?
can you reveal how much new tracks are the cartographer will give us? every week 3 ones? :D

thats all. thanks for the update.

ahh one issue.
if i pull down the event menu and thank open the gift box, the issue come back with event lacks. that means the dialog scroll very very slowly down and the flying coins are take minutes to get into the pocket.

cheers

FatalDragon69
02-20-2016, 03:34 AM
Please can you add different/more options for purchasing the New Items, such-as.....

1. Bundle Offer as it is (Gems/Coins/Outfit & Bike Skin)

2. Able to buy both Outfit & Bike Skin together

3. Able to buy just the Outfit on it's own

4. Able to buy just the Bike Skin on it's own

.....I think this would be more beneficial to ALL players since there are many players that have crazy amounts of both Gems and Coins, so half of the main Bundle Offer is useless to them BUT they might want the New Outfit and/or Bike Skin, so if they were available separately (like I've listed above) then this would appeal ALL players both seasoned and beginners which would probably generate more sales/money in the long run as well !! :cool:

What do you think ??

moldy_tomato
02-22-2016, 07:21 AM
I am still getting impossible missions.
How do you do The Tank Tops with 3-1-1-2 Phantom?
The four back flips were trivial, but I wasn't able to climb one of the hills or even get close to doing so.

Marutab
02-26-2016, 01:55 PM
Will there be an option to buy missing pieces for the ktm bike ?

IamAcriminal
02-27-2016, 04:41 AM
I don't think I'll have all the pieces for the bike by the end of the event. Are they just going to be wasted if I'm a couple pieces short once the event is over.... OR will there be a way to aquire the rest of the pieces of the bike?

I was top ten last week because I didn't have time to play until the last day. I'm going to be top 5% the rest of the the way which would mean I'd be two bike pieces short.... If I can't get the bike after all that I'll be extremely disappointed.

scooby763
03-10-2016, 08:18 PM
Huge bummer went to bed at 5% of riders and woke up to 6%. Missed two parts to bike.
I sure hope we will be able to buy the missing pieces once challenge is complete.

Pete

Ubi-JollyCharly
03-11-2016, 10:42 AM
Hello Riders!

You might have encountered the problem yourself, the weekly rewards for the KTM event don't always find their way to your stock. As I mentioned it beginning of the week, the team was working on a solution to credit all the missing rewards automatically to players, so that you don't have to contact the support to claim your due. This is now done!

Since this morning 7:15 GTM, an in-game message is running :
Hi Riders! There have been some issues with the KTM Tournament weekly rewards and we have been hard at work fixing these issues. Now we are starting to reimburse the rewards of previous weeks for those players who didn’t receive theirs, so if you get a pop-up message asking you to choose between Device and Server, choose server.

The important information is : Choose SERVER!
Otherwise you won't receive your rewards.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience, and would like to thank you for your patience.

JollyCharly

EDIT :

If the level that is proposed on you phone is too far from your actual level, don't chose anything. It just means that the script the devs are running isn't completely deployed yet. It might take some time to reach every single player.

EDIT

The script has been deployed. For now you see a message with an example of how the rewards will be credited, it doesn't mean you'll be back to level 12 :)

It will take some time to adjust, so no worries if you don't see the rewards this weekend, it's all normal.
Also, note that we will run another fix at the end of the whole event. It will unable players who didn't choose the server save this time to get their rewards, but also to cover the last week rewards, should some be missing again.

What we have to focus on is : you'll all have the rewards you earned in the end! :)

Thanks a lot for your patience!

Ihateuplaykk
03-11-2016, 10:08 PM
Hello Riders!

You might have encountered the problem yourself, the weekly rewards for the KTM event don't always find their way to your stock. As I mentioned it beginning of the week, the team was working on a solution to credit all the missing rewards automatically to players, so that you don't have to contact the support to claim your due. This is now done!

Since this morning 7:15 GTM, an in-game message is running :
Hi Riders! There have been some issues with the KTM Tournament weekly rewards and we have been hard at work fixing these issues. Now we are starting to reimburse the rewards of previous weeks for those players who didnít receive theirs, so if you get a pop-up message asking you to choose between Device and Server, choose server.

The important information is : Choose SERVER!
Otherwise you won't receive your rewards.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience, and would like to thank you for your patience.

JollyCharly

EDIT :

If the level that is proposed on you phone is too far from your actual level, don't chose anything. It just means that the script the devs are running isn't completely deployed yet. It might take some time to reach every single player.

EDIT

The script has been deployed. For now you see a message with an example of how the rewards will be credited, it doesn't mean you'll be back to level 12 :)

It will take some time to adjust, so no worries if you don't see the rewards this weekend, it's all normal.
Also, note that we will run another fix at the end of the whole event. It will unable players who didn't choose the server save this time to get their rewards, but also to cover the last week rewards, should some be missing again.

What we have to focus on is : you'll all have the rewards you earned in the end! :)

Thanks a lot for your patience!

Phew! Keep us updated on when it will be finished by, in case it didn't work properly?

Ubi-JollyCharly
03-14-2016, 03:04 PM
Phew! Keep us updated on when it will be finished by, in case it didn't work properly?

Hi Ihateuplaykk,

trying my best to keep you updated ;)

Today you should receive the missing rewards. Did appear on my game yet, but I know some other players had the in-game message to chose between server and local (SERVER! :D) and they got their rewards for the 3 first weeks :)

JollyCharly

Ihateuplaykk
03-14-2016, 06:48 PM
Hi Ihateuplaykk,

trying my best to keep you updated ;)

Today you should receive the missing rewards. Did appear on my game yet, but I know some other players had the in-game message to chose between server and local (SERVER! :D) and they got their rewards for the 3 first weeks :)

JollyCharly

I got my three tracks today! :D
Seems they were given at 10:00GMT or thereabouts.
Shame about losing a day of offline progress though, lol.

Oh my word, these Captcha things are annoying.

velcrows
03-17-2016, 05:23 PM
I am still 2 blueprint pieces short...The summary screen form the tourney shows me in the top 2% for week 1 but I only got 3 pieces. Got 5 pieces for each of the other 3 weeks but I am 2 short from completing the build and I shoudn't be.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2lk5o54.png

TheVanillaO
03-17-2016, 06:30 PM
Didn't receive any Week 4 rewards - I was about 180-190 last I checked on the Android leaderboards and easily better than 1.0%. When can I expect the last parts for my bike? FWIW, the KTM event screen on the 'home' screen of the game is just blank under Event Prizes.

EDIT: Randomly just popped up after like 25 minutes logged into the game, never mind.

mathieudek
03-17-2016, 11:56 PM
I haven't receive anything for week 4 either and I was in the 1% too.

Ubi-JollyCharly
03-18-2016, 08:50 PM
Hello Riders!

After all the discussions around the KTM bike sharing the regular leaderboards, we thought it could be useful for everyone to sum-up in one post the vision RedLynx has for this new bike.

First of all, be sure it is absolutely deliberate to have the KTM bike with the regular bikes on the leaderboards, it is not a bug!

There are basically two main points that lead us to make that decision.

First off all, the vision RedLynx has for the future of Trials Frontier, and for that we have to keep in mind we have a huge amount of new players everyday. We want Trials Frontier to keep the challenge alive for both veterans and new players.
For that, we decided to pimp the LB, adding the KTM bike. With this new bike, every player starts afresh, with fair chances and motivation to compete, break records.
The current bikes in the regular LB are the oldest bikes available in-game, and the PB are basically at the most of what it is possible to do.
We do understand that players that are currently on the top players might be frustrated, can feel they did all this efforts for nothing. But having a new bike in the LB doesn't mean what you achieved before is pointless. It's still admirable, and the KTM bike will only gives you the opportunity to keep on doing your best!

Parallel to the vision, we have the technical reality of the game; adding a new LB would have comprised greatly the game stability and performances.

Be assured that we value very much your engagement in Trials Frontier. We hope that you will also understand the vision we have to keep developing the game!

Trials Frontier Team