PDA

View Full Version : How important are cosmetic items to you?

Natchai_Ubisoft
02-18-2016, 11:00 AM
Greetings agents,

We’re not exactly ones to visit Bryant Park during the height of New York Fashion Week, however we have noticed many of you are looking mighty dapper! Others on the other hand, well let’s just say the magazines wouldn’t agree.

But how important are your clothes to you agent? And while you’re at it, share a picture of your agent in his or her Sunday best.

//- End Transmission_

IFeda
02-18-2016, 03:06 PM
Maybe add colors as a drop? So you can change the color of a particular coat. Unless you want to maximize on the RNG factor of the drops themselves.

TurfTyrant
02-18-2016, 04:43 PM
I think it is important to have a wide variety of different clothes. They help distinguish players from each other. Right now everyone looks pretty similar in the dark zone. If it weren't for the gamertags above players heads I would have a hard time telling people apart even the ones in my group. I think it is necessary to have more clothing options. This is a RPG and customization is very important, even when it doesn't affect stats.

JehFuller
02-18-2016, 09:34 PM
I for one really enjoy that clothes are not part of the gear. I have always enjoyed sporting my characters out and it really helps personify my player for me, this is especially important in an RPG. I really dislike games in which the armour takes over and you have a mix-matched set and look funny, but now I look spiffy in a baseball cap and leather jacket :D

Tiarmach
02-18-2016, 10:53 PM
When you include the option to change the appearance of your character by way of clothing, it would make sense to expect a lot of options.

Hopefully the full game has MANY more options than we have right now.

ProdigalSon729
02-19-2016, 05:09 AM
Vitally important. Especially in an RPG. I spend the most time in RPGs (or any genre, for that matter) that allow me to add my own flair to my character. How else does one become attached to a character they spend so many hours with? Customization is vital. Please keep adding more and more cosmetic items to the game! There are plenty of reasons GTAV Online does so well, and the wealth of cosmetic items is one of them.

xS4R1Nx
02-19-2016, 06:21 AM
I'm pretty disappointed in the lack of military style clothes, it's not like seeing civilians wearing military surplus camo pants/jackets is uncommon these days. I really just want urban cam pants to go with my black tac shirt so I can have the character I drew up a few months ago :(

PA1N71TBLACK
02-19-2016, 07:08 AM
I LOVE cosmetics xD its a passion of mine to truly get thr RP out of RPGs.

Cant wait to see what cool clothing is in thr final game!

DevilDriv3r 84
02-19-2016, 10:06 AM
I enjoy them alot, please provide a redicioulous amount of viriaty. This is an RPG set in a modern universe, guns variety will run out but theres always a strange satisfaction in RPGs when it cones to personilazion, keep it up! :D

LoneMerc2
02-19-2016, 05:20 PM
Definitely one of my fave features about characters. I cannot wait to see the extra choices when the final game comes out! Just finding a new hat is cool enough never mind a jacket or shoes :D

Robot_Monkey
02-19-2016, 05:40 PM
It is nice that both - the equipment and cosmetic items - are actually seen ingame.

Colouring clothes might sound nice at first. But if you think of the real-life aspect then unlike colouring weapons (simply spraypainting them) recolouring a jacket is next to impossible without investing lot's of time or even changing most parts of the jacket. And in the ingame situation (it's a crisis after all) you probably would have neither the time nor the resources. So it makes sense that you can't recolour clothes.

One thing I noticed during closed beta (and the beginning of open beta) is the droprate of the items. I seems to get 7 jackets and 5 caps for 1 pair of shoes, trousers and a scarf. Might of course just be that the beta's loot-table simply contains more jackets and caps.
I would guess we only get to see just a small selection of items compared to the full version (might also be tied to the zones we play in at first) . So there might be much more different looking gear (like the military style asked for by nU-S4R1N) in the later game.

TurbanSoviet
02-19-2016, 08:17 PM
I love it. And I kill or extract instantly when I get one

goneistaja
02-19-2016, 08:47 PM
Skins will be propably be behind the pay wall, am i right? If so i dont care about them.

Carthalion
02-19-2016, 09:03 PM
it's 3rd person rpg/shooter...looks are very important...look at how much noise the emergency response outfits, agent origins etc is causing and it's not just because it's the back packs and guns. Same goes w/weapon skins. It's the little things sometimes that make the experience all the better.

I've also been to 2 Fashion Week events, danced w/Pink and saw RUN DMC live!

\m/_

CodeTaker
02-19-2016, 11:12 PM
Very important , please give alpha and closed beta rewards to open beta players.

Salvo1
02-19-2016, 11:27 PM
Cosmetic items are very important to me. I need to have my character look "just so", and I even sold stupid weapon mods that had ugly red and tan colors that didn't match my weapon. I wish I could just swap those out for one of a different color. I feel like sale values on items are just too low. Especially colored mods that I desperately want to switch out with uncolored or different colored ones.

termita87
02-20-2016, 12:25 AM
very important
I would like as many options as possible, as there are lots of different people there should be different types of clothing. Myself I am an experienced hiker I would go for an outdoorsy look on my character. Also considering the storyline and the gameplay I could also go for an urban military look. Another outfit that would look good is that of a bounty hunter (think of all those rogues in the dark zone).

So... Yeah, clothing is a big deal.

PS. As for the mechanics... k3p it as it is. No stats on it.

CommanderHolmes
02-20-2016, 12:27 AM
The most important thing after weapons.

Jasabek
02-20-2016, 01:10 AM
Very important. One of my most favoured parts of the clothing cosmetics is it isnt tied to armor etc, which is great as i can wear what i think looks good without worrying about buffs or attributes..... because worrying about all that would make the character end up looking like my character from fallout 4....... a walking garbage chute with shoes........ so bravo on the cosmetics guys.

On a sidenote the appearance screen could do with updating, like a little icon the same as you do when you get a new gun so you know what you just picked up instead of trying to remember the name of the 6 cosmetics you picked up over the last hour or so. One more thing, I know they are already categorized into shoes,jackets etc but do they have to be in one big list? It would make it cleaner to say click the catergory shoes and it shows just my shoes. You would then click on jackets and it would just show your jackets in a much smaller list rather then all the jackets,trousers,hats etc jammed on one screen.

Cheers guys

KesslerWB
02-20-2016, 01:16 AM
I love the cosmetics in this game, I once went rogue simply to get some random cap back xD, it was worth it, but yeah, I think it would be nice if there were more options, and more colors, like from red to blue, to yellow, just lots of colors.

Spank Me Panda
02-20-2016, 02:10 AM
In my own personal opinion I think that your cosmetic appearance is VERY important. If you look back at destiny one of the major complaints was that every single character looks EXACTLY the same. The clothing in The Division is an excellent way to allow you to look very different but not affect your character stat-wise therefore allowing everybody to look different and not be better just because they got that Cool Pom Pom Beanie... Fantastic job on the clothing.

Charles_Wipman
02-20-2016, 04:29 AM
For me is very important; i've played the Open Beta and i've seen few different clothes and mostly civilian ones, not even a single MITCH 2002 helmet, combat boots (much less Corcoran II...), not a single pair of MARPAT W pants... not even woodland BDU pants!. I hope that the final version have much more clothes and more varied, in the Open Beta there're really few ones and very boring IMHO; same for the character appearances... ain't like the male ones at all, let's hope it improves with the final version.

Dori-Ma
02-20-2016, 04:54 AM
They're nice but not super important. Though if you're going to have this in the game it would be nice if I could rotate my character to better preview the items. Also, better lighting when trying articles of clothing on would be appreciated.

MuramasaEdge
02-20-2016, 05:25 AM
I like being able to customise my agent, but not having a choice of gear at creation would suck. That said, the gameplay and balancing are far more important to me.

Ligeia2010
02-20-2016, 08:05 AM
Very important.
I like to be able to make my character really my own and stand out from the crowd.

I like weapon skins too, the one on Rainbow 6 Siege looks very good and I'd be happy to enjoy something along those lines on The Division too.

Hidio
02-20-2016, 08:52 AM
I cant emphasise how important cosmetics are. I love how you have account-wide access to your cosmetic clothing.

As many clothing options as possible please!

Elysa_Adjany
02-20-2016, 10:38 AM
I like the cosmetic items, but miss can change the colors or something

Sintinall
02-20-2016, 10:39 AM
Sometimes I like a poofy coat and other times my character is a KGB member. (My guy looks slightly Russian, I also named him Ymir).
P.S. skullcaps and baseball style caps are derpy as hell.

D-from-Oxford
02-20-2016, 11:34 AM
I feel there should be a wide range of cosmetic customizations in order for players to look unique.

If possible, a simple custom camo creator (applied to weapons and clothing) would be ideal and would lessen the need for tons of readymade camos.

OwenLars2
02-20-2016, 01:02 PM
I think being able to make your character distinguishable is important, however, I think everyone has a different idea of what they want to be distinguished. So far in the BETA, I've collected several styles of jackets and pants, which all look nearly identical from anything more than a few meters away. Even in the menu, I have to be standing in a well lit area to be able to distinguish between my clothing options. Maybe this is just early level, common item issues, however, I worry that when I have a max level character doing raids, I'm going to look like every other max level character doing raids, and that's worrying. For inspiration, I would look into DCUO's costuming system, which is maybe one of my favorite and most interestingly modular styling systems I've ever seen, which also gets gamified well, and is fun to play with, or can be totally ignored.

Also, if you want serious and useful responses to poll questions, I'd advise making sure you ask the question correctly. Every option doesn't need flavor text, but if you want to use it,I suggest also including a 1-5 scale for it.

MikeyMike5967
02-20-2016, 03:21 PM
I didn't think the cosmetic items would be as important to me as they are. I think they defiantly add a level of individuality to the game.

Darkstorm A1
02-20-2016, 03:45 PM
Really important and so far I like the different choices, I just hope there will be enough character customization with faces and beards so not everyone looks the same :)

azninvasion01
02-20-2016, 05:07 PM
I really hope there are purple, yellow type masks we can wear such as a skull type of Balaclava ski mask or something to show you worked hard for something or found a rare item.

T3rrorarista
02-20-2016, 05:23 PM
I live as my character in RPG game's and this kind of setup is pretty awesome for me. I hate it when you look like a clown in Destiny because your outfit/armor is the same thing. But I also do hope you have to work for your originality. Great experience in this beta

SnazzyGent
02-20-2016, 06:13 PM
Cosmetic items are pretty much why I play RPG/MMO's.

AzixTGO
02-20-2016, 06:23 PM
Sell cosmetic items, give us a bigger map. One gets you more sales upfront, the other gets you dlc sales as well. Selling maps just gets you less sales overall.

TetraUplay
02-20-2016, 06:47 PM
I like how our gear and clothes are separate so we can equip the build we want to play as without sacrificing our look or vise versa. In the beta, I think a sorting option in the menu is missing. In the beta it is just a huge list. I think there should be a way to hide clothing items we don't like or break them down into crafty materials. Crafting clothes would be interesting too.

RyantheWit
02-20-2016, 06:57 PM
Hah I am a little embarrassed to admit I am really excited about this feature. I get more excited about that baby blue light on a drop than anything else.

Riskhey
02-20-2016, 07:07 PM
Cosmetics shall be very important in the RPG perspective of the game. I play "RPGly" if I can call it this way. It's important for all of us to be able to express ourselves through our character, a lot of variety is necessery : russian style, european, latino and american too, asian can be great too.

Brigada91
02-20-2016, 07:27 PM
they're super important to me lol when I got nothing to do anymore, I farm for clothes and that stuff lol
mostly extracting clothes out of the dark zone since I can't find anything good anymore during the beta ^^

jeffman24
02-20-2016, 09:36 PM
for me they're not that important, though on the flip side once in a while I'll change things up a bit. Now, if there were attributes to the clothes ect then they may play a bigger role with me but for now it's only for looks. But Once in a while I'll change things up a bit. I just wished you can sell them if you want to get rid of some of them, though it is nice that they don't take up inventory space. That I do like a lot.

Machitos-01
02-20-2016, 09:42 PM
Please for the love of god, add a better cosmetic item management system so we dont have to scroll endlessly.

Also whenever trying on outfits, the character model has the oddest postures and angles, making most attempts at changing looks pretty annoying.

Would be really nice to see a more robust system in place.

Effusions
02-20-2016, 11:22 PM
I have literally killed people in this game for clothing.

InterventX
02-21-2016, 12:38 AM
Cosmetics is one of the things that I would love to see this game have a wide variety of so whenever I come across someone, I'll be stunned and be like "how did he get that sweet looking jacket?" or whatever else. I like to see a huge range of different cosmetics so that the agents won't all look the same. I'm loving the BETA and definitely looking forward in playing the full game.
Good job with the game Ubisoft Massive!

Coco-Rainbow
02-21-2016, 12:53 AM
Very important! I spend ages working out how I want my character to look.
The more options the better.
Make sure there's a big beard.

batox
02-21-2016, 01:08 AM
Everything is about the aesthetics:
In graphics
In girls
In cars
in Life

and in the Character.

Having thousands of options, gear to unlock is one of the most inportant aspects of multiplayer gaming, especially "MMOs".
Showing off with looks is the most rewarding thing ever, why do you think I work out 14h a week?

A division without thousands of unlockable clothes and the possibility to create MY character and show of the countless hours Ive spent in the game just to unlock that 1 percent hoodie, is what makes the difference if I will like it or love it.

JEAF7
02-21-2016, 03:11 AM
The more the better.... I don't want to look like any other person. This is a huge plus for me.

Ard_Righ_
02-21-2016, 03:41 AM
I spent half my time in closed beta and open beta finding civilians in need so I could get more clothes to try on :D

I do hope the balance of items given is better in the full release than the betas though. It has already been mentioned in this thread.

In beta you get a LOT of hats and jackets, but rarely get shoes, shirts, or pants. Right now I think I have about 10 hats, 10 jackets, 3 pairs of shoes, 3 pairs of pants, 1 shirt. It should be a closer to 5 of each to help make everyone look different by changing appearance more often.

And starting in a pair of chinos just seems wrong.

Jonesw67
02-21-2016, 07:30 AM
I love the way you can alter the clothing, I just wish there was a better preview system and clearer view on what you are equipping. How my character looks, considering the hundreds of hours i am going to be looking at it, is very important. Make the appearance either bigger or allow zoom and rotate, when selecting clothing options.

justru5h
02-21-2016, 07:52 AM
At the moment in the bata all the clothes are level one are there going to be higher more rare leveled clothes?

hallower1980
02-21-2016, 08:22 AM
Looking forward to a wider variety of Appearance items in the full game (but only if the full version includes a practical browsing system with category selection).

Since this is a Tom Clancy game, the options probably shouldn't be too clownish. But two of my friends have looted a pink weapon skin (no thanks), so I'd be disappointed if similarly striking and unusual colors/patterns/styles are not available for clothing. So far, the only brightly colored item I've seen is a white parka. Meanwhile, I've seen a woman's shirt with a snowman picture in shop windows.

Though it might not make as realistic, it could be cool if Appearance items included hair and facial hair styles which are not offered in the initial character creation.

saltdaddy889
02-21-2016, 09:45 AM
I dont know if i didnt find out how, but what is missing for me is the option to look at team members equipment in the menu. There should be a quick way to look at their characters cosmetics and weapons that are equiped if they were to ask ''what do you think?''

MrZap76
02-21-2016, 10:11 AM
yes i like it very much, finally a RPG in recent time. so actual gear and not spacy or fairy stuff. so keep it coming. as much as possible. stand out.

DrExtrem
02-21-2016, 10:50 AM
Very important.

As a rp-gamer, my avatar represents me in the gameworld. In this game, practical, everyday clothing is important - work shoes (steel cap, very sturdy), pants and jackets with additional pockets and off course special pieced, that belong to the character.

BUT the stuff has to fit and has to be immersive.

ShaunyPwny
02-21-2016, 12:19 PM
I think it's important to have a good variety of colour-ways and styles in clothing, just so that on can create their own identity of sorts and it would help to discern between members of a squad (ignoring tags) or identify other players you may know.

I'd also like to see military style clothing pieces, not uniforms (because that would defeat the look of a 'sleeper cell')

With that said, the main focus should be level and enemy content and variety, and if I need to sacrifice clothing for game-play I'm happy with that.

duckforceone
02-21-2016, 12:22 PM
Looks mean everything.

But the current system for equipping clothing is terribad.

For one thing, it zooms your character out, so it's harder to see details on the clothing. And if you aren't standing in the right kind of light, the colours can look different.

You need to move the clothing list all the way to the right, and enlarge the character, and make him rotate and movable up and down, and zoom in and out.

DrExtrem
02-21-2016, 12:31 PM
Looks mean everything.

But the current system for equipping clothing is terribad.

For one thing, it zooms your character out, so it's harder to see details on the clothing. And if you aren't standing in the right kind of light, the colours can look different.

You need to move the clothing list all the way to the right, and enlarge the character, and make him rotate and movable up and down, and zoom in and out.

Absolutely.

At least the camera should zoon in on the selected slot.

Ard_Righ_
02-21-2016, 02:07 PM
I logged a bug complaint about the appearance screen, especially on PS4 where the entire screen gets blacked out.

Ideally the items would have categories, to minimise all the scrolling.

The character in appearance screen would get individual lighting, and not rely on the game lighting. A lot of clothing looks really washed out because of the way the character is lighted in the appearance screen and you exit and go back and forth to get a proper look at the clothing :mad:

And you would be able to zoom and rotate to see how the items look.

I saw someone today in a jet black jacket, almost looked like leather, possibly a bomber jacket. It looked totally bad-*** and I want one! :D

duckforceone
02-21-2016, 02:10 PM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3497761/ingame2.png

Moravia01
02-21-2016, 04:24 PM
I find it very important. I congratulate you guys for creating clothing that do not interfere with player status so we feel free to make the agent look the way we want. I find it hard to make this hapen now, but as a suggestion for a future follow up of this game, give us the option to paint equipment (holsters, backpacks etc) just like we do with weapons, because sometimes I wanted to have, say, a coyote tan holster, but the only one I had was very weak on status.

Kerjango
02-21-2016, 04:53 PM
Variety is great. It would be nice to see some sort of change to the menu for equipping them though. The ability to 'preview' the item while you scroll through it instead of having to equip to see the change would be nice. Putting on a new hat and not liking it and then having to go through selecting each one because you forgot what the one you had one was called it kind of annoying. Also the ability to rotate your char preview and have them actually lit up and not in the dark where you are currently standing would be nice as well.

Sbranigin
02-21-2016, 06:04 PM
I'm amazed at the detail the Ubi team put into this game. Most other games the items picked up gameplay don't show up on cut scenes. The Division is a different beast and it's only the BETA... can't wait to get my hands on the real deal.

Misterscruff63
02-21-2016, 08:30 PM
Personally not particularly bothered what I aint going to do is stand in a shop window and look at my reflection, and say who's a pretty boy then ;)

MinusII-VX9-
02-21-2016, 09:08 PM
Totally agree with the need for more cosmetic options, like Sunglasses, tactical goggles, colour options for all the gear etc.

Smoke_On_Fire
02-21-2016, 09:12 PM
I like to optimize my looks to what I like within the stuff the game gives me free, but I am far too less interested in that to pay any microtransaction or stuff.

The Remander
02-21-2016, 09:24 PM
Customizing a unique look for my character really helps with immersion.

soren7550
02-21-2016, 09:31 PM
Clothing customization is very important to me, especially in an RPG. From what I've seen in the beta, I'm disappointed by the lack of color variety and the only way to obtain new articles of clothing is by giving rando civilians a consumable/med kit. Also, I wish that I could get rid of clothing I don't like.

And since it's been asked, here's how I looked in the Beta:
https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/12733513_1126727864006171_528599815163993107_n.jpg ?oh=332e28d1ff5513ddf5826c86aaab48a0&oe=576308AE

AP0LL018
02-21-2016, 10:35 PM
If you guys add cosmetic items and charge us $3 for a single skin I will cry.

SF_Assaulter6
02-21-2016, 11:56 PM
Multicam please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M4J0R WCU
02-22-2016, 12:09 AM
Cosmetic items should be Common-High End as well. I really hope the Superior and High End gear/items/weapons will be very rare and very expensive to buy. We need to grind for the best loot and should be hard to find and get. This makes the game even more entertaining. Thank you for reading my opinion. Amazing game, absolutely love to play this game with all my friends! M4J0R WCU-Xbox One

Saxomophonist
02-22-2016, 02:03 AM
I liked finding cosmetic items, as personalising my character was a lot of fun, but I was disappointed every time I found a 'cap' as they were all beanies and I would get excited for a second, then get disappointed because they weren't what I expected as a 'cap'.

mezzatron
02-22-2016, 01:34 PM
With apparel you could perhaps have some rare items which add +1 or +2 to your attributes.
Such as a rare pair of shoes would give you +2% running speed. That's not that much, and any more than 5 might be unfair on other players.
A rare pair of gloves would give you +2% stability for your weapon control;
A rare jacket which allows you to carry +50 ammo;
A rare backpack which allows you to have +1 grenade.

When I mean rare, I mean 1 in 5000 players.

Peace out.

Dante-Yoda
02-22-2016, 02:07 PM
Customization is extremely important in games, that pretty much means every aspect to me..

B1PPER
02-22-2016, 03:46 PM
I really like the variety of the clothing, but there need to be more selections for respirators/gas masks. I, and I'm sure others want to have the option of a full-face mask instead of the half-mask respirator. Balaclavas, ski-masks too. Mix and match camo patterns... and maybe some more avatar selections. Seems like there's only one selection for each ethnicity... all the white dudes look like Liam Neeson for example.

NolanBlake_GER
02-22-2016, 04:25 PM
Please dont want to be killed by a power rangers in this game!!

Fettsbounty
02-22-2016, 04:46 PM
Variety is big in games like these. Especially end-game when it is more about min-maxing and people are all getting the same equipment. Tis why I love the cosmetic items in this game that are just there, without killing inventory space. That said, as a few others have pointed out, the UI for the appearance screen needs a few changes.

The fact that the lighting of where your character is standing oftentimes makes it impossible to actually get a good look your character.

The lack of a preview, which forces you to equip the item and more likely exit the screen just to check out the new look properly, only to find yourself going back into the appearance screen to change it back. Which leads us to...

... The massive list of items after obtaining tons of cosmetic items. Currently on Xbox One, the triggers and right/left do nothing on the appearance screen. Either one of those could be used to cycle through the different appearance categories to make checking out the bottom of the list so much easier.

Also, while I don't really care much about needless product placement or licensing. At some point I ended up randomly thinking that it would have been cool to see some NFL/MLB/NBA licensing just for the hats and maybe even some shirts. Obviously the New York teams would be everywhere but that could be a part of the chase making other teams rarer.

Jockjammer
02-22-2016, 05:37 PM
Please keep appearance items Purely Cosmetic! I would like to see some brighter color options. seems like everything is brown,green,grey etc. some Bright colors might appeal to some people. Things that were missing in Beta that i hope will make it into release? Boonie hats,suits,raincoats/trench coats, ski-masks, and hoodies/parkas with the hood UP. (c'mon the models are already in game on the enemy)

KPRage
02-22-2016, 05:45 PM
Please don't do what Assassin's Creed did and make how you look be deterred by your need for better stats. Other than that, as long as I look cool, I'm good. ^_^

Pinkerton985
02-22-2016, 06:45 PM
I love cosmetic items in games. Probably one of my favorite things about this game. I never use any of my items specifically so I can give them to civilians in need. But, I would like to see an option to change hair and facial hair styles as well.

Pinkerton985
02-22-2016, 06:49 PM
With apparel you could perhaps have some rare items which add +1 or +2 to your attributes.
Such as a rare pair of shoes would give you +2% running speed. That's not that much, and any more than 5 might be unfair on other players.
A rare pair of gloves would give you +2% stability for your weapon control;
A rare jacket which allows you to carry +50 ammo;
A rare backpack which allows you to have +1 grenade.

When I mean rare, I mean 1 in 5000 players.

Peace out.

I think if that were to happen, then it's no longer cosmetic. You would no longer be wearing the jacket you think looks good, but instead you would be wearing a jacket you don't like for stats.

C J Breen
02-22-2016, 07:33 PM
I like it. Just add a better preview system (such as zoom in on the head if I equip a hat, zoom on feet for shoes, etc.). Also maybe I missed it but let us drop, sell, or deconstruct for fabic clothing we don't want. I did not like scrolling through all the things I didn't like and would never equip.

A_Baddass
02-22-2016, 07:44 PM
The fact that the armor and items are not mixed is FAN-tastic. Everyone of my friends and I commented on the fact that it is awesome to have a game where you can wear what you want and it doesn't directly mess with your stats is HUGE. G'd up from the feet up!

Genocidejunkie.
02-22-2016, 08:29 PM
getting sick stuff is one of the most fun things, but i feel there needs to be more variety of things. too many things look similar or are the same. gloves, knee pads and backpacks were mostly the culprits. and more color would be nice as well.

adverse_event
02-22-2016, 09:13 PM
The more options the better, no two agents should look alike.

Zakuaz
02-22-2016, 09:16 PM
Put it this way; I bought the gold edition for the clothing, serious AF here.

Ok DLC stuff might be cool and if it is then that's just icing on my cake I plan to eat while having an awesome outfit on.

So yeah $99 for some camo. You wanna see stupid, give me micro transactions for vanity items...

Xion_Stellar
02-22-2016, 11:24 PM
Just let us dye current cosmetic options but outside of that cosmetic items aren not very important to me.

Bigodon
02-23-2016, 12:14 AM
very important, but some of they should be unique and rare to get. So, everyone has or want a pom pom? ok, but let make it from the basic to the exotic. Also, the same applies the all other skins and clothes.

They should be unique as possible lets take 20% of all cosmetics and put them on a ultra-rare drops, like something that only drops on a certain time of in-game day, at certain level range, at specific weather condition and at certain location of pve area or dz mobs drops. All this conditions combined to let us have ultra-rare itens and unique ones that cannot be purchased on cosmetics vendor.

This would be nice! and keep us looking for for new stuff.

ddomero
02-23-2016, 05:21 AM
Keep this up! I really like how the accessories appear so far. The more choices there are the better!

wcat424
02-23-2016, 06:12 AM
I think you all have done an awesome job to keep all the agents looking original. Only concern is not being able to get rid of all the extra I don't need. I don't need skinny jeans and 40 pairs of shoes :)

Madcap Luck
02-23-2016, 06:44 AM
First I would like to say.. With all the videos I have watched on The Division, gameplay, walk through, beta footage.. Nearly all the agents look DIFFERENT and that is a great thing!
Now.. Cosmetics mean a great deal to me. I want a certain look, or color scheme and actually get excited when I see that light blue beam appear off a downed foe. No one wants to walk around looking the same as everyone else.. Variety is the spice of life and too much should never be enough.

PanteeDropper
02-23-2016, 06:56 AM
Cosmetics are pretty important, I don't want to look like every other player on the server. Not enough colors most of the clothes I had were of 3 colors or some variation of brown, green and black.:(

I'd also like to put the weapons skins on the yellow (legendary) weapons, please I'm begging here:o I don't want every Tom, **** and Harry to know that i own one. And it takes away from the immersion!!

HolyDivahhhhh
02-23-2016, 07:12 AM
I killed people who picked up cosmetic items from players since I wanted them and knew they had them. Customization is one of the most important things to me. Looking forward to looking like I'm not out of Top Gun or a hipster.

xXHertzyXx
02-23-2016, 08:35 AM
I love the new customization of your players. There is one piece of input I would love to add. I would like to see more headgear that can cover a players face. I love having an anonymous kind of look to my player (i think hiding your identity in the game scenario would maybe be important lol). I think balaclavas would add a bit more variety to the players and their appearances. Gas mask/military helmets/mask combos would be great as well. I see npcs, wearing helmets so i would like those at least..preferably with some form of face covering with it equiped :P Just some ideas.. :cool:

Cyronade
02-23-2016, 08:40 AM
Easily an important factor, I'd like to look unique especially if there's military-esque clothing available to wear.

Fuz Fragstealer
02-23-2016, 08:52 AM
A white gun for snowy days.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-M4YGuci30E8/VstOWWN4swI/AAAAAAACYSQ/-0UBiDnkSY0/w1138-h640-no/TheDivisionCharacter.png

How about a "Look At Me!" red weapon?
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-3Hww2OgsEXA/VswO1o0atnI/AAAAAAACYU4/-TqbQCGsrp8/w1138-h640-no/TheDivisionCharacterRed.png

Will I be able to pick up a Tuxedo and run around like 007? ;)

JayMadIV
02-23-2016, 08:53 AM
Gotta look fly.

I'd like to see some New York Chariots apparel in the game though.

SideWays408
02-23-2016, 09:31 AM
Cosmetic items are very important in rpgs. Now dont get me wrong i do NOT want to see people in bunny costumes running around BUT i do think there needs to be a better variety of clothing. I had probably 20+ jackets and i could barely tell them apart from each other. I actually had to take the jacket off to get any kind of color on my guy (blue shirt). The only jacket i saw that stood out at all was the plain white jacket that some people found.

So yea i think its very important to give us a larger variety as everyone wants their toon to be unique BUT at the same time you guys need to stick to the concept of the game and not get silly with it. No crazy magician top hats or cat ears,etc.

Sgt_RockNL
02-23-2016, 02:30 PM
I looked pretty decent if I say so myself :)
http://i.imgur.com/Lfyq5tO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZKUrvDe.jpg

nielsfavreau
02-23-2016, 03:01 PM
They are important to me. They offer a nice addition.

BUT..

Is this question a trick to offer payed cosmetics? Because in that case. A full price game is not a free to play game with a cash shop, even if it is cosmetic. !just an oppinion)

M4YON v2
02-23-2016, 03:17 PM
I looked pretty decent if I say so myself :)
http://i.imgur.com/Lfyq5tO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZKUrvDe.jpg

Love those outfits all my apoearence items were shocking not 1 white pair of boots or white jacket.

Piperita
02-23-2016, 04:09 PM
Like many others I enjoyed the fact that clothes were not part of your armor. I especially liked that I could take off my jacket. A lot of the jackets felt very similar to me in shape and neutral color. When I found a green shirt I wore the hell out of it because it made me feel unique around my friends (who all had grey shirts on).

My biggest wish though is that the armor already on your character might change as you get higher rank drops. Green versus blue and purple (the names escape me). I'm referring to like... the kneepads and bulletproof vest, as well as the backpack. There were a couple of moments when I thought my backpack had changed but I didn't pay close enough attention to tell if I was just seeing things...

Regardless, looking forward to having more variety at launch! <3

BrockLanders_OG
02-23-2016, 06:10 PM
Customizing my agent's appearance is extremely important to me. Even more than achieving level cap.

Charlesanakin
02-23-2016, 06:18 PM
This is a huge and undervalued aspect of gaming. The value of individualization within games cannot be overstated. Game manufacturers want/need buy in from players. That buy in is enhanced and magnified directly by the amount of customization gamers experience as an end user. It seems that game designers and the companies that manufacture games are starting to catch on to this and I am encouraged by what I've seen so far with The Division.
Someone from Ubisoft should email me. I have much more to say than will fit into this comment box.

onenightnparis
02-23-2016, 06:52 PM
- character must be bigger, there's the space
- the equipped piece must be on the top on its category, just under new acquired items with the (!)
- addition of sub menus (lateral scrolling) for hat, jacket, boots...
- reskinned pieces (same model) must be one near the other
- simple, trendy, cool, soft...are not synonym of colours
- addition of worn/dirty pieces
- addition of direct access command from the main inventory

BeatnikRampage
02-23-2016, 07:36 PM
One must look FABULOUS at all times.

LantosMusic
02-23-2016, 09:39 PM
I think even the casual players will dabble in clothes, i personally enjoyed making it my goal in the beta to be (as Daniel Tosh would say) HIGH FASHION. haha, Anyways, i did notice that i would collect clothes that i found not up to my personal code, yet i still had to sift threw a long list of stuff to find things.

I would personally hope that this could be adapted to be alittle more editable, here are some ideas/suggestions if you care to look.

Tabs for types of clothing - instead of having a long list where they are just sectioned up. i would like to see a way to see the 4-6 options listed (ie Hats, Pants, Jackets ect) and then get to see the list of those items.

Deconstruct - everyone has different tastes, but i personally am not allowing my agent to be rocking skinny jeans while running from a dude with a flamethrower, yet i had 4 pairs of Skinny Jean type pants and always had scroll threw them to find what i KNEW i wanted. I hope there will be a way to Sell or Deconstruct them....to be honest not for the purpose of gainig supplies or cash, (though gaining fabric would make sence) but mainly just to get rid of it. Maybe add a "burn immediately" option. ANd have a fun animation your friend can see as you take out the garment of choice and set it ablaze. haha

those are the main two i can think of i would DEFINITELY like to see if not already in the full build.

hallower1980
02-24-2016, 06:31 AM
Rather than deconstruct unwanted Appearance items (because the game obviously takes into account what you have when determining what to give you next), there could be a Hide From List option similar to Xbox Live's "My Games & Apps" function. Or you could let us sort items within their subcategories, so we could bury the ones we don't use. That would ideally be a per-character sorting, because most players won't dress every character the same.

ZephyrN
02-24-2016, 03:53 PM
With my group of friends and I, the second a cosmetic dropped for one of us, the call to extract would immediately follow! So, definitely would love a ton of options in the cosmetic department!

Fleshsuit
02-24-2016, 09:01 PM
Just wanted to hop in and also say that I think cosmetic items are incredibly important in a game like this. Also, it will help to increase the longevity and life of the game by having a variety of different cosmetics to strive for.

One of the things I am greatly concerned about is the lack of variety of clothing. I get that the game takes place during winter, but I'd probably vote to have the wardrobe expanded beyond the scope of typical winter attire (even though it may look a bit [quite a bit] out of place). I think there's only so many beanies/jackets/boots/etc you can get before you're just kinda like "I don't really care what I look like -- we all look vaguely the same and follow a similar and linear winter-like appearance" and stop caring about aesthetics so much.

I hope for a variety of cosmetics, specifically clothing, to be implemented. Suits, dresses, fingerless gloves (even no gloves!), tank tops, shorts (Yes, I know, in winter), hoodies, flats, sandals, bracelets, rings, ties, glasses, necklaces (dog tags!), etc. If a dude wants to run around only wearing swim trunks or such, I think that should be his initiative. I know a ton of people will disagree with that, but, from my perspective, the game has already tossed reality way out the window. And there seem to be a few outlandish enemy factions -- I think the player should have the option to play a cynical rogue/gangster/weirdo agent if desired.

Once again, I know the game takes place during winter in NYC, but I feel that having a diverse wardrobe will really push the lifetime of the game and keep people interested in playing longer to acquire "exotic" non-winter clothing. I'm just not really feeling the gloves I can't change, the limitless amount of boots that look nearly identical, the long sleeve shirts that all look similar, the multitude of jackets or 5-10 black beanies that I have that all look almost the same.

To the people that say "BUT MY IMMERSION!"; I feel that it's easy to avoid grouping with people if they look "annoying" to you. If they're in the Dark Zone and look "different" then they're kinda just putting a big target over their head. I feel the benefits of having a variety of clothing for those that want to play The Division: Dress Up Wars would most likely outweigh those wanting our agents to look fairly generic and ultra-practical.

I apologize for the long post; just adding my 2¢.

armyofme9453
02-24-2016, 09:59 PM
I enjoyed the clothing part of the game. It was fun to look different, but I think it would be awesome to be able to choose if you want to wear regular clothes or if you want to see the gear you're wearing underneath, on top. Maybe it could even be just a plate vest and a t shirt.

Na5tyPrognosis
02-24-2016, 10:16 PM
I think you could sell a lot of in store clan gear so teams could match or win in events. $5.99 X 6,000,000. Not a bad deal. I sure hope they make invites and joining clans an in game operation. Key to us BO3 players that are looking for something new

Na5tyPrognosis
02-24-2016, 10:17 PM
I'd like to see a black ski mask like the Russian counter terror units where

EDTcaliber
02-24-2016, 10:34 PM
I love having the option of customizing my characters looks outside of the functional gear, It gives me more content and more reason to go loot hunting. Please please please dont make the clothing as part of the gear, I loved how it was an option that didn't affect the bag capacity!

Biggullygun
02-24-2016, 11:54 PM
It's important because it keeps you on the hunt when things get repetitive (example no missions left). The drop down category is tiresome when all you want to do is change your boots! Also at times the scenery would destroy the color and design of the items making it difficult to see. Try to have a zooming option when you select an item you would like to equip. Can't wait for March 8th

chan325
02-25-2016, 02:13 AM
Let's put it this way, I've left my brother's group and killed him just to get the cosmetic item he picked up. No regrets.

BraxtonNelson
02-25-2016, 04:21 AM
I love customizing my character. I love putting my own unique style on my character as well as on my firearms. Customization is a huge part of my role playing experience!

oksfinest
02-25-2016, 05:55 AM
Its the custom gear that sets you toon apart. besides skill of course :p

jrab09
02-25-2016, 12:11 PM
With this being heavily multiplayer its bothersome to see a bunch of agents wearing the same things, it would be nice to have options to pick your starting outfit, as well as get rewarded for "faction" style like for rogues to get a skullcap with crossbones on it after they killed 60 players or the same for agents who hunt rogues giving them like a white jacket.

mezzatron
02-25-2016, 06:02 PM
I would like to see a noticeable difference between a level 1 agent and a level 30 agent.
Also wouldn't want to come across anyone that looks like a copy of me. So plenty of different outfits and styles are welcome.
Just no strange mickey mouse masks and banana outfits please. Keep it serious.

stylez-one
02-28-2016, 05:46 PM
I would like to see a noticeable difference between a level 1 agent and a level 30 agent.
Also wouldn't want to come across anyone that looks like a copy of me. So plenty of different outfits and styles are welcome.
Just no strange mickey mouse masks and banana outfits please. Keep it serious.

yep agree, that would be nice.

anyway, you have to get and look guuuuuuuuud, kid! ;)