PDA

View Full Version : Which attribute will you focus on when building your character?

Natchai_Ubisoft
02-18-2016, 10:59 AM
Greetings agents,

To make the most of the equipment and raw talent you have, you’ll need to find and build your gear towards your strengths, or perhaps to reduce your weaknesses. This all comes down to how you, as an agent, see yourself in supporting your team.

Are you trying to focus on dealing as much damage as you can and ending the fight quickly? Or are you all about attracting the focus of your enemies and giving your team a fighting chance of surviving?

//- End Transmission_

Tiarmach
02-18-2016, 10:51 PM
I'm not good at these online shooting games, and going into the DZ was a nightmare.

Literally everyone I came across just tried to kill me, and those who didn't I would assist and even revive, and then they would turn around and kill me at the extraction point.

This is not a friendly game, unless you have people to actually enter the DZ with. Spending an hour or more just to kill 6 or 7 NPCs by myself (much higher levels than I), just to get killed with 10 seconds left on the extraction clock really puts a bad taste in my mouth.

Captain9653
02-19-2016, 10:10 AM
Stamina, I like Tanky characters. However Stamina is never a "Fun" stat to stack. Firearms and Electronics are cool, more dps and more skill power are exciting. More health is meh, but necessary for that particular role.

Tallsoldier
02-19-2016, 10:20 AM
All 3 have their place due to minimums required for weapon talents but Firepower if all are covered.

drone1510
02-19-2016, 11:36 AM
I'm a go for skill power and health coz I'm healer for my group

Kynlore
02-19-2016, 01:55 PM
I don't think I've been able to experience how much this comes into play with the limited beta content.

Carthalion
02-19-2016, 09:08 PM
Electronics - I wanna see how effective the turret and other skills can be when you stack on the e_points.

kingofjamaica
02-19-2016, 09:23 PM
The primary means of progress is to kill your enemies, and the primary means of doing that is shooting them. Why on Earth would I focus anything but firearms?

Col-Death
02-19-2016, 09:34 PM
The primary means of progress is to kill your enemies, and the primary means of doing that is shooting them. Why on Earth would I focus anything but firearms?

Because you're going to run into someone with balanced DPS and health and they are going to destroy you lol

Salvo1
02-19-2016, 11:17 PM
Balance of all 3. I'd like to go firearms, but I find that more health is generally more practical. Being a glass cannon just means you have to respawn and lose progress.

Valryx
02-20-2016, 01:17 AM
I can only speak as a single dps in missions since that is what i mainly did in beta:
The best thing in a fight is the damage of you gun, you kill it fast, you avoid needing the stamina.
If you get hit a lot you did something wrong, the more you invest in stamina the less you can in damage, so try to find the right balance for you personally.
Investing in a special ability, which you use maybe 20% of the time you fight, is just not worth investing in to much.

Omega Infinitum
02-20-2016, 02:28 AM
Firepower is kinda hard to see the relationship between the stat number and the in game effect. Unlike Tech, which has beautiful values explained in the stat values increased on each of the skills you chose. That being said, the value of firepower to HP seems to be a little... strained? Early impressions would say that Firepower is a nominal stat at best, where Stamina and Tech are much more valuable.

Charles_Wipman
02-20-2016, 04:48 AM
Stamina or Electronics i guess; i gonna play the game as SP so... i'll do what it ever it takes to keep me alive.

MikeyMike5967
02-20-2016, 03:23 PM
I like DPS, Victory through strength works for the way I play.

Darkstorm A1
02-20-2016, 03:44 PM
Stamina so I can survive some hits and actually start to fire back :) Also some firearms because of the damage. Dunno if skillpower is actually that important, it depends on the skills I guess, but pulse is always good, aswell as the healing skill and the turret seems nice too and is more like a bait and not really needed that much for damage.

Inialla
02-20-2016, 04:04 PM
Stamina and 3l3ctronics for me to be a good support.

BwA Blitz
02-20-2016, 05:17 PM
I usually try to strike a balance with a game like this but I'll probably try out a few different builds to see what works best.

Ozonezerosix
02-20-2016, 06:00 PM
Stam fam. Keeps you in the fight longer, less gank-able in the DZ. It also give you more time to react.

Riskhey
02-20-2016, 06:53 PM
It will depend on who I will play. I already have my idea of my Agent's story and background, juste have to look at all my skills and decide at this moment. Though the environment and if I play alone or in a squad will play a role in that.

RyantheWit
02-20-2016, 06:59 PM
I still plan on going with a medic centered build at launch so I will be focusing a lot on electronics with a balance of stamina and firepower.

xEVIL WAYS
02-20-2016, 07:56 PM
I've been balancing stamina and firearms for the beta. I have relatively high stamina now, and while I'm not certain it seems that I'm able to outrun people in my party and catch rogues running routes around the map. Does stamina affect run speed?

Inception_777_
02-20-2016, 08:22 PM
I definitely try to balance DPS and Health without any regard at all for Skill Power. I like to be a tank that can dish out firepower, cause I'm a flanker through and through. I lay down suppressive fire for my team, so I have little need to for tech. I really do love how there's various options for each play style and each are significantly different, makes each player unique.

jeffman24
02-20-2016, 09:20 PM
For me I generally try to focus on two of the attributes - my firearms and stamina, because those two are vital if you want to survive in the campaign stuff as well as even DZ...the electronics are great and perhaps when the final game comes out and we can see more of what the electronics offer, maybe that changes .... yet I try to focus on those two and then make sure that electronics is high enough to be effective for me; to have electronics higher than stamina let alone firearms does not make sense to me at all.

Effusions
02-20-2016, 11:19 PM
You are going to get shot sometimes so stamina is a must have. With healing grenade I want to be able to go from one bar or less of health to more than two bars so that I can then regen the rest of the way up to full, so sometimes I actually increase my survivability by lowering my stamina. Since your abilities have long cooldowns though focusing on electronics has limited payoff. Firearms matters when it changes the number of bullets it takes to kill an enemy and anything less makes no difference, but it's also the stat you use most (a group of enemies has far more total hp than you so in any fight you need to deal more damage than you take). Overall I find it's best to balance them with the option of dumping electronics if you're using abilities that don't benefit from it all that much.

TheVinBear
02-20-2016, 11:30 PM
Going for every firearms bonus I can find, secondary in stamina so I can go toe to toe with someone if needed.

Eldainss
02-21-2016, 12:56 AM
Tanky dps.

but it all depends in the future perks and such. if they have fun tanky stuff, i go tank... if they have fun dps stuff, i go dps.

i never go healer, (iam terrible at that, in all games).

rakali27
02-21-2016, 01:34 AM
I would love to build Electronics, but as it stands, the cooldowns on the skills (sticky grenade, namely) are much to high to offset the loss of dps from not stacking firearms. I would love the ability to make a skill-based setup that focuses on skills at the cost of guns being less useful, but the trade-off isn't worth it at the moment.

FireNative
02-21-2016, 04:29 AM
I will try to have 50/50 with firearms and stamina and the lowest required level of tech to have all the perks.

DrExtrem
02-21-2016, 11:11 AM
When playing alone, a good mix is the key. You are always the one being shot at. You will need to use your skills and somehow, the enemies need to be shot as well

In groups? I am still undecided, because I have not seen and used all the skills and perks in action.

ShaunyPwny
02-21-2016, 12:25 PM
I voted 'fire arms' but to be honest it's a bit of everything for me.

In the beginning I focused health because if you cannot survive long enough to empty a clip into someone there's no point (unless you're a sharp-shooter or something), then once I'd hit an amount I was happy with I focused on a mix of dps and electronics so that I could execute effective combos in PvP and PvE. Overall though I'd rate electronic as the least important of the three.

Misterscruff63
02-21-2016, 08:34 PM
As a loner mostly will go for a mix medical but went with the turret this time as well, good distraction when your on your own and have more than one enemy coming at you, even if it's only for a short time.

The Remander
02-21-2016, 09:31 PM
It's interesting. Initially, I just went for the best drops I could acquire. My buddy did the same. Had about equal level and gear, but my DPS was significantly better. Turns out nearly all my gear emphasized Firearms, while his emphasized Stamina. These stats make a big difference. I actually think I'm more inclined to seek balance in the full game, with perhaps a slant toward Firearms.

JayMadIV
02-22-2016, 10:12 AM
I plan on Tanking in the full game, so Stamina + Electronics will be my focus.

With enough Firearms so that I can do decent damage and meet perk quotas.

smkeyes
02-22-2016, 02:24 PM
I tried for a Ballanced build

hod-bod
02-22-2016, 03:05 PM
I would have liked more info on the effects of the 3 attributes on my character, beyond the obvious DPS, HEALTH and SKILL.

Jaeakari
02-22-2016, 05:30 PM
Tried pretty much everything in the beta but ultimately going for high DPS was the only logical choise.

Had way over 6000 dps with specialized ACR and Military Scar-H (Also with great armor values on other gear which boost dps)

Had no problems taking out elites or rogues, and my high armor made sure that I really didn't need any HP, Guys running with those idiotic looking High End weapons had no chance of taking me out in a fair fight. (And with those high end weapons my DPS was over 7000, out of curiosity I bought them and tried how high I could get it and then sold them back to the dealer).

Pinkerton985
02-22-2016, 07:00 PM
I want to try and find a happy medium between the three, but when all else fails, I go for firearms.

Saikyohero
02-22-2016, 10:56 PM
Electronics and pray the skills are actually useful/needed. Otherwise, stamina/electronics.

ddomero
02-23-2016, 05:24 AM
All of it of course and how the poll is now, that is my priority. Firearms > Stamina > Electronics. For BETA of course. I'd like to make a balance of all 3 depending on the build requirement

Madcap Luck
02-23-2016, 07:00 AM
I liked to try and build a balance...
However it always seemed to come down to trying to get electronics as high as I could without losing too much of the other two. I would never outright strip an attribute to benefit another though.

TheBadMan_
02-23-2016, 02:23 PM
I learned that best way to keep enemies at bay is an M1A and 10 bullets hitting for 2,3k raw, 7k headshot and 11-12k crits. Second comes Stamina, Third electronics simply to balance out my heal to bring up 50% of hp as your health bar fills up itself if only theres any hp left in it.

ChequeSix
02-23-2016, 02:40 PM
Stamina if alone, or being tanky, but will take items for their special features as well. It is likely I'll have more interest in electronics when they are available.

kerupt_
02-23-2016, 02:42 PM
Constantly had a group when I was out in the DZ all weekend. I was designated marksman so I focused up on firepower while others played tanks/healer roles. Managed to land a 17k crit against an NPC and was able to one shot quite a few players over the weekend with headshots.

skywarpgreer
02-24-2016, 05:10 AM
glass cannon build untill i find better/higher defensive gear

Biggullygun
02-24-2016, 11:58 PM
You won't make it far in DZ without it!

Diivil92
02-25-2016, 06:07 AM
I focus will be a high damage and skill build will super low health but i intend to 3 shot things.

stylez-one
02-28-2016, 05:57 PM
hmm..probably something like 40% stamina, 35% firearms & 25% electronics.