PDA

View Full Version : What’s your favorite weapon type?

Natchai_Ubisoft
02-18-2016, 10:56 AM
Greetings agents,

We all have our favorite ways of handling altercations, from stealthily shooting someone in the head from afar, to running up to a group and blasting away with a shotgun.

Today, we’d like you to let us know what you think of the different weapon types available to you as a Division agent. We’re looking to know what your favorite is and why, if you have found any great Mods such as scopes or silencers and what you think of those, etc…

Basically, we want you to tell us what weapon setup you’ve been enjoying most, and if there are any specific reasons for it.

//- End Transmission_

Charles_Wipman
02-19-2016, 12:38 AM
I haven't played the Open Beta yet, but my favourite handgun is and will always be the M1911 A1; once i have the full game... i want to use a M1911 A1 (is the most beautiful pistol of all times for me and i see it not only as that and also as a piece of history but as an anti-nazi weapon) and a M1A SOCOM 16" (that's more a Short Full Battle Rifle than a Short Barrel Rifle.

Captain9653
02-19-2016, 10:08 AM
I like playing Tanky characters, so Shotguns seem to be good when up front.

drone1510
02-19-2016, 12:28 PM
Suppressed sniper with 15x zoom and extended mag

AngarakGod
02-19-2016, 01:22 PM
suppressed sniper rifles for me with a backup super fast sub machine gun or an assault rifle with an acog.... magnum preferred sidearm.

Kynlore
02-19-2016, 01:51 PM
I haven't used the LMG yet, but I'm a fan of the shotgun so far. No issues with any other weapons class, but the shotgun used in combination with a scoped SCAR-H is great for me.

TheMiddleDrogo
02-19-2016, 01:53 PM
Hi there.....Firstly may I congratulate you on an excellent game and that Tom Clancy himself would be honoured to know he had an idea that turned into The Division.....So to the question in hand 'What is my favourite weapon' well I would have to say the Sniper Rifle. Although it is my more favourite and I appreciate this is a beta version of the final masterpiece, it would be great in the final version if we could actually zoom with the vast selection of scopes available. That would be my only request. However should you be inundated with more requests than you ever thought possible. Rest assured that this would be because one is never quite happy with the creation in front of them. So don't worry too much about my small yet humble request.....

ChuckUNorris
02-19-2016, 02:16 PM
Assault rifle primary backed up with a bolt action marksman rifle.

Omni Sweep
02-19-2016, 04:21 PM
Marksmen riffles are the only way to go now you buffed the end game enemies.

Carthalion
02-19-2016, 09:12 PM
Most used wpn type: AR & DMR
Most fun/favorite: sub machine gun, at close range it was just so effective and nice.

I hope I can find a nice 3 burst fire MP5 or other type of sub machine gun in Open Beta soon.

Salvo1
02-19-2016, 11:24 PM
SMG's, but Assault Rifles are a close second. I also like Shotguns and Pistols, but Pistols are only good when you have nothing else, and Shotguns are pretty limited, especially against high health enemies that need a lot of DPS without reloading to kill, as opposed to burst damage + high reloads.

I liked the fact that the Vektor SMG was in there, but the low-level version I saw did not seem to have a stock, which was disappointing, as the stock is gorgeous. I did get the MP7 though, which is my second favorite SMG after the Vektor, but was very disappointed by the low capacity, 20 round magazine. It should have more rounds than that. Why not just give it the 30 round magazine?

Valryx
02-20-2016, 12:41 AM
For PC:

Assault rifles come first because of the versatility the rate of fire, range, damage and clip size is just the best all rounder. It's the usual choice for me in plenty games.

Light machine gun as secondary, it's fast hitting and i can shoot while i aim for the head when enemies come close range. It's not as punishing for having a few shots off as a shotgun, but i started to use the shotgun more after some practice, the amount of damage in a single timed hit is pretty good as i got better with aiming. I have not tried the marksman gun much yet, the one i got only did well for head shots and was way to slow to kill targets when i could get the head.

For the third gun i use the best pistol/revolver i get my hands on in terms of damage, wasn't important to me.

Effusions
02-20-2016, 12:52 AM
Marksman rifles - In most situations they're the safest option and usually kill enemies the fastest, but when you don't dictate the terms of an engagement they can be the worst choice. All the other weapons work in situations where the DMRs don't though so you'll always have something to switch to. I consider them the most useful weapon.

SMGs - My backup weapon of choice. Less damage output and range than ARs but they also have less recoil, better hip fire, and a fast reload so I find them a good compliment to the DMR. I think they're a lot of fun. I don't find the burst fire versions useful because SMGs are good for going full auto. I particularly like feel of the tec-9 and smg-9, and the vector is nice because it can fill the role of an AR in a pinch.

Pistols - I like using pistols. Their damage bonus as a finish weapon is a great way to make them useful backup weapons, but I often just use them as a primary even though they're sub par in that role. I wish there was a lot more pistol variety, in particular an automatic pistol and a scoped pistol. I like the 1911 for its high damage but without the accuracy loss of the revolver.

Shotguns - I find them impractical most of the time. They work well at close range but in those situations their long reload time is a huge liability. I'd probably like them more if they had a longer effective range or if there was an automatic pistol to back them up instead of needing to use both of my main weapon slots for close quarters.

Assault rifles - They're good at any range and high damage output, though they also have some strong recoil so burst fire is necessary. They're good all purpose weapon but with two slots I usually prefer to carry more specialized weapons. They're probably the best thing to pair with a shotgun but I prefer using the vector.

LMGS - Basically ARs with more dps and more recoil. So much recoil in fact that I find them useless for killing enemies. My least favorite weapon by far.

oechnos
02-20-2016, 01:00 AM
I did get the MP7 though, which is my second favorite SMG after the Vektor, but was very disappointed by the low capacity, 20 round magazine. It should have more rounds than that. Why not just give it the 30 round magazine?

It is really a questionable choice to give the MP7 only a 20 rounds mag. Especially as it is depicted with the 40 rounds mag. The 20 rounds mag would not protude from the grip.

But to answer the thread: I prefer DMRs. I hope there will be more weapon variation in the final game. I really miss H&K G3 ZFR and G28.

Charles_Wipman
02-20-2016, 04:41 AM
After play the Open Beta... my favourite weapons are:

- M1911 A1: Shots well at close range and do alot of damage overall when you aim for the head, the damage it does compensates the 7 bullets that it haves.
- AK-47+C79A2: In short bursts or even single shot do a lot of damge and is a great medium range AR because it's damage.
- R870 or the M1014: The R870 do a lot of damage shooting in the head at close range, but the M1014 have 3 more shells, i preffer the R870.

Elysa_Adjany
02-20-2016, 10:40 AM
Sniper rifles and assault rifles.

Meshamofabish
02-20-2016, 10:59 AM
I lie between Assault and Marksman rifle as more of a 'Battle Rifle' kinda guy, I like the compact design of many AR platforms but prefer semi-auto for more precision and the stopping power of a larger cartridge, a good example is the good old H&K G3's or FN FAL rifles

Sintinall
02-20-2016, 11:01 AM
Favorites, to me, are weapons that I can use for any situation and come out on top. None provide that for me. ARs are nice for close-med range. MRs are nice for long range. Pistol is a great finisher.

NoMoreChillies
02-20-2016, 11:06 AM
shotguns are my fav
but
in this game they are severely lacking. need alot more dmg

OzE_BeeJay
02-20-2016, 11:16 AM
Got a Classign PKJ-72 LMG (i think) early on this time round and have been LOVING laying down long streams of suppressing fire whilst my buddies get into cross fire positions and we clean house :)

noel_echo
02-20-2016, 12:37 PM
Greetings agents,

We all have our favorite ways of handling altercations, from stealthily shooting someone in the head from afar, to running up to a group and blasting away with a shotgun.

Today, we’d like you to let us know what you think of the different weapon types available to you as a Division agent. We’re looking to know what your favorite is and why, if you have found any great Mods such as scopes or silencers and what you think of those, etc…

Basically, we want you to tell us what weapon setup you’ve been enjoying most, and if there are any specific reasons for it.

//- End Transmission_

I do not feel much difference with any of the weapons save for the marksman rifles, as they're termed.(Even though sniper rifles are included, which is incorrect as far as the category is concerned. The LMGs however are underpowered and difficult to be accurate with, which is also an unfortunate innacuracy if one is going for authenticity. The SMGs are startlingly stable, especially the SMG-9 which is a bullet hose and has nothing to absorb its own recoil. Would like to be happy with a P416, Sig 556, or M4 but it's very jarring to have one of these be somehow better than another because of RPG stats. Pistols are somewhat balanced, to the extent that they do not feel useless which is a nice point however, although the inability to mod revolvers is silly.

McMoppit
02-20-2016, 01:03 PM
Marksman with AR secondary is what I'm currently using.

I think the shotguns are a little underwhelming, but not much. They should be the "Nuclear Option" within the space of a room, but degrade quickly. I think, in my extremely limited experience with them, that they aren't strong enough up close. With the lack of damage up close, I've not used them enough to really get a feel for them. There should be very little reason to take a shotgun instead of an SMG, unless maybe the ability to breach doors is added.

Assault Rifles are OK

Marksman rifles... Realism issues. I think they're OK, but I'm glad they use "marksman ammo" or whatever so I don't dwell on the concept that, in video games, .308 out of a bolt-action gun magically does 1.5x - 2x the damage that it would do out of a semi-auto. Probably shouldn't have a non-scoped ADS mode unless angle mounted sighting systems are added to the game. It feels like the AWP in old school Counter Strike where they were 100% accurate unzoomed and with the assistance of a dot from a dry-erase marker, could be used as the most OP Assault Rifle in the game. The limited ammo capacity is a nice attempt at tuning them so you don't use them in place of Assault Rifles. Watching Summit1G click faces without using the optic kinda indicates that something isn't right. At the very least, being forced into the optic should cut down on peripheral view and situational awareness.

LMGs - Under tuned. I don't have as much time with one as I'd like to really back this up (mainly because it felt extremely non-viable) but the LMGs feel like bad Assault Rifles with super extended mags. I'll try them some more when the servers come back up.

SMGs - OKish. Assault Rifles are competent enough at close ranges and much better at longer ranges.

I'd like to see folks rolling with something other than Marks/AR, which is probably the most common combination I've come across. Rolling up on a 4 man in the Dark Zone with AR/Marks, AR/LMG, and AR/SMG x2 should be absolutely terrifying in most scenarios. Marks/LMG/AR/AR outside, AR/AR/SMG/SMG inside.

I like seeing the "optimal range" component. It looks like you folks are making an effort to make all of the weapon systems viable depending on play style. I like it. Finding someone with an SMG or Shotgun in very close quarters should be terrifying. Hanging out in the open should be something you consider avoiding.

Ajax117
02-20-2016, 03:12 PM
Hi,

What kind of shotguns will available at start? I am loving the SAS12 at the moment, is/will the AA12 be in the game or due later for release?

Ajax117 - X1

MikeyMike5967
02-20-2016, 03:26 PM
I like to run with a DMR and Shotgun in the Dark Zone. Outside the Dark Zone I like to run with my DMR and Assault rifle.

Darkstorm A1
02-20-2016, 03:42 PM
Marksman Rifle simply because they are so strong and the only thing that is really effective against yellow health bar enemies if you play solo. Either the damage needs to be decreased or the rest should be a bit stronger. Apart from that I also light submachine guns because they are so stable. but the damage is a little too low.

TheGamerMidget
02-20-2016, 03:47 PM
Not surprised whatsoever at these poll results. AR's and Marksman rifles just seem to work great in this game. Currently running a purple Police M4 with a DPS that is >4700 and a blue Mil Scar H with a DPS that it >3500. My character may be squishy but he deals an insane amount of damage, which is by far my favourite way of playing I have found so far - and generally is an any console RPG/MMO game I have played (e.g. The Dvision, Destiny, ESO).

Matisto7
02-20-2016, 07:00 PM
I like how some pistols are so easy to handle. like you're out of ammo and bang, there goes pistol with headshot ^^

xEVIL WAYS
02-20-2016, 07:53 PM
I like the LMG mechanic of getting more accurate the longer you hold the trigger. I guess that's the best way to simulate walking it in to the target. I've used the high end assault rifle and the high end LMG, and am much more effective with the rifle.

jeffman24
02-20-2016, 09:28 PM
For me I like to have a mix of a good long range weapon coupled with a medium ranged weapon as well, so for me I went with the autorifles, and then throw in either a light or a submachine gun. I find when I have that mix, I can really make a difference on the team I'm on and contribute well.

Cpl.Hicks.
02-21-2016, 12:19 AM
I wish the pistols got a little more love. Maybe there will be more types when the game comes out. I would love for revolvers to get attachments rather than just skin options. You could have redlaser similar to the ones already in the game, better gun sights so we could actually have a dot instead of two dashes that create a range. You could even have a hollow point bullet attachment that increases damage.

rakali27
02-21-2016, 01:35 AM
Pistols definitely need some love. They have the unfortunate bonus of infinite ammo, which means that they always have that working against them when it comes to tuning damage. It's really unfortunate, as I'd like to see them much more equivalent to other weapon types. Ammo is never *really* a problem, so that should be almost a non-consideration for tuning, in my opinion.

warlocktriqz
02-21-2016, 03:39 AM
Whatever will get me a better targeting reticle on the screen. Hard to see where my bullets will be going a lot of the time.

FireNative
02-21-2016, 04:23 AM
Favorite gun is Vector, (sub machine gun), then M4, (assault rifle), then M1A, (marksman rifle), then auto shotgun

Jonesw67
02-21-2016, 07:45 AM
Hi there.....Firstly may I congratulate you on an excellent game and that Tom Clancy himself would be honoured to know he had an idea that turned into The Division.....So to the question in hand 'What is my favourite weapon' well I would have to say the Sniper Rifle. Although it is my more favourite and I appreciate this is a beta version of the final masterpiece, it would be great in the final version if we could actually zoom with the vast selection of scopes available. That would be my only request. However should you be inundated with more requests than you ever thought possible. Rest assured that this would be because one is never quite happy with the creation in front of them. So don't worry too much about my small yet humble request.....

If you equip a scope that has a zoom on it, just press the click to zoom button (on XBOXone just press the right thumb stick)

DrExtrem
02-21-2016, 11:00 AM
SMG, followed by DMR. I like them both almost equally.

Pistols are on a good third place.

Assault rifles and LMG ... not so much.

Shotguns ... well ... Maybe in combination with an AR. But at close range, I prefer high rate of fire over alpha strike.

WhiskeyZulu60
02-21-2016, 12:01 PM
:rolleyes:The AI w/ the bat! You can shoot him endlessly and not drop him or you can melee him and he will drop. A tweak is needed here.

Borotalk
02-21-2016, 01:15 PM
Hello to all. have played at alpha and beta but still well known that there is little variety of weapons from pistols to machine guns. Also, under the aspect of parameters.
I hope that the final version should include a largest range of weapons because in both versions when I found a good weapon I have not changed for several levels if it is comparing with the same rarity. The little variety only increases the desire of dropping rarest weapons (most powerful) rather than try the one that best suits your style of play. It also reduces the longevity of the search for weapons because they found that powerful, you hardly replace.

Thank you for the work you do :)

Ard_Righ_
02-21-2016, 02:01 PM
Assault rifles to get started. Because they don't start with terribly bad crosshairs that force you to guess where you're going to hit.

Marksman rifle once I can attach a decent zoom scope to get a proper crosshair. The default cross hair for carbine is terrible.

Would prefer pistols weren't unlimited ammo. And have a better crosshair. At the moment it's almost blindfire and hope you hit something.

More mods for pistols would help to improve their use. Hopefully the full game will allow us to change pistol sights and add rail mods like red dot lasers etc

If you can modify a physical pistol to change how it works, should be able to do the same in a game.

I am waiting to test out the shotgun from the pre-order. If it's good I'll keep it around while I level up.

Kerjango
02-21-2016, 05:01 PM
the M1 marksman was my fav in the beta. I had a blue one which i loved. I eventually purchased a purple SCAR-H as it was a nice dps upgrade, however it's damage/shot was much lower and even though it fired faster, i was less happy with it than i was with my blue one.

on a related note, please up the ammo capacity of the marksmans, you run out so much faster than you do with an assault rifle. I know they are supposed to be stronger, but 100 bullets compared to the 700ish on an AR is a little weak.

thezombielamb
02-21-2016, 07:57 PM
Yeah I'm loving the sniper rifles....got my hands on a M44 Carbine and it's a monster of a gun!!

Misterscruff63
02-21-2016, 08:48 PM
Marksman for me.

Robot_Monkey
02-21-2016, 08:59 PM
LMG and Assaultrifle- After trying out more weapons in this beta than the last I wish I could edit my vote away from assault rifle. I still love them, but the machineguns with a smaller magazin (seem to have less spread) are equally fun for me. Against the regular (low level in this beta) pve mobs the assaultrifle often works quicker to dispatch them. But against the tougher armoured mobs in the DZ (and most likely the higher non-beta PvE-content) the higher chance to casue the suppression-state on an AI-enemy is very useful. Especially for crowdcontrol when playing in groups (lock some enemies next to each other down, while the group flanks or takes care of other enemies first). So LMGs are on par with ARs for me. In the DZ I usually care both (one in the backpack), in case I run low on ammo for the other one.

Sniper and Shotgun - As secondary weapon I prefer either a sniper (the slower carabines that pack more punch per shot, but have less rpm) or a shotgun (came to appreciate them after coming face to face with these armoured baseballbat- and golfclub-brawlers in the DZ too often, or getting to close to a rogue). Most of them pack an equal or bigger punch than most snipers (offset by their range of course), so the damage is fine for me. In the DZ I also usually carry one of them in the packback and one equipped just to be prepared.
What I'm missing would be an underbarrel mod suited for shotguns - the good old Bajonet for the extra punch in a melee.

SMG - well, I still don't get them. I mean look at it. Is it a rifle or is it a pistol? It shots faster than a pistol, but that's what assaultrifles are for. It's smaller than a rifle, but why go small unless you have a shield (and then it won't work either. And when it start to pretends it's for close combat, well then my shoti can only laugh. So then, you little weird lump of metal, what are you? - I'm sure there's some numbersmagic (like some occult delta of optimal range, dps, ammo and weapons trait) but I took years until I grasped the concept of "3", so stay away with those numbers. It makez not enoufs boom so it'z not a good takkatakka.

Pistol - Needed for shields and as last resort. Can also be used to crack nuts. The tasty ones. Yes I mean the ones in shells.

HeyGuy86
02-21-2016, 09:25 PM
Love the classic m1a with suppressor and acog. Also got the liberator assault rifle and loved it with extended mag, silencer and rate of fire increase, just demolished in PvE.

The Remander
02-21-2016, 09:27 PM
While my other weapons may vary, I always run with a marksman rifle of some type. There nothing like starting a fight by thinning out some of your adversaries from range.

Robot_Monkey
02-21-2016, 09:44 PM
While my other weapons may vary, I always run with a marksman rifle of some type. There nothing like starting a fight by thinning out some of your adversaries from range.
Let me guess, always aiming for the bagpacks first in PvE?
It's always fun when a cleaner's tank catches fire or a Heavy's ammopackk starts to go off like a firecracker. Not to mention the grenadiers ;)

SF_Assaulter6
02-22-2016, 12:17 AM
ACR and the M44 Bolt gun, by far.

Inasmuch as this is a Clancy title, I would like to see the following additional weapons, as they would be common in this setting:

Glocks (semi and MP variants)
M1911A1 / 1911 MEU SOC / Wilson Combat .45
S&W MMP Pistol
H&K SOCOM Pistol

Machine Pistols, as a subclass of sidearms

AK74
H&K 417
ACR with conversion kit to 7.62x39 -to up DPS

M249 Full and Para models

AA12 Auto Shotgun

...to name a few, but I do suppose that the devs haven't shown us everything - it is a beta, after all.

BigfootTornado
02-22-2016, 01:41 AM
If I had to pick just one, Assault Rifle. I did have great success with a combo of Marksman Rifle and SMG however so I do feel some flexibility with the classes.

I enjoyed shotguns but their effective range (with the few I've tied) feels too short to me. I did get an awesome SMG though so it may have been more of a loot thing rather than the category itself being the factor.

Saxomophonist
02-22-2016, 01:46 AM
I prefer having a tech heavy LMG with a zoom scope so at close or mid range I can put a large amount of bullets into the enemy. In the closed beta I found a great one that only had vertical recoil so it was very easy to get every shot as a body or headshot.
My secondary is a carbine or SR with medical stats for when I'm at distance supporting my squad

BigfootTornado
02-22-2016, 05:12 AM
After getting a nice RPK-74 I may have to reconsider. Been having a lot more fun with it than any other weapon I've used so far.

Fettsbounty
02-22-2016, 05:47 PM
M44 Carbine. Sooner I get my hands on that one the happier I am. Managed to get my NPC headshot crits just over 15k after the increased damage pulse. Could have been so much more but most of the worthwhile gear I was getting were statted for Health and then later some Firepower.

MilsurpShooter
02-22-2016, 06:17 PM
Usually running around the the M14 ready to go with a Classic FAL I found for backup. If I'm lucky the M14 will take out 2 or 3 before they even begin to return fire, then the FAL for when theys tart trying to move up on the flanks. M9 pistol in reserve due to the quick ROF that's handy if you don't have time to reload. Just wish it was a bit easier to switch to the sidearm, hold down triangle as opposed to double tap. Heat of combat, double tap doesn't always work lol

fer_mendivil96
02-22-2016, 07:21 PM
the pistols need to be more balanced in comparation of the primary weapons, and also give more space for attachments, for example the the revolvers can use optics below 3,5x

Pinkerton985
02-22-2016, 07:24 PM
Assault rifles was my go to weapon. I prefer the look of the M4. I used a shotgun as my secondary just in case a melee enemy ran up on me, I could take him out with one shot fired from the hip. I loved using the pistol for low level enemies.

A_Baddass
02-22-2016, 07:29 PM
SMG and Shotguns for the win. Nothing surprised poor agents then taking half their health with a SMG and then finishing them off with the Shotguns. :o

Zakuaz
02-22-2016, 09:30 PM
I loved my ACR and SCAR.

One thing I'd love to have is louder weapon sounds. I do not know if it is my headset ( Logitech G35 5.1 ) or just the in engine mixing but the report from weapons fire in game is a tad to quiet IMO.

I want that visceral pop and crack when sending love down range. Maybe a slider in the audio section for weapon sounds so we can adjust it on our own =)

Saikyohero
02-22-2016, 10:53 PM
The highest dps the better.

Xion_Stellar
02-22-2016, 10:56 PM
Sniper Rifles! I prefer the bolt action Sniper Rifles over the semi-auto but I'm not against using either one of them. Assault Rifles/SMGs are always come 2nd and I don't like using Shotguns.

C0RRAN HORN
02-23-2016, 12:33 AM
I ran with an M1A marksman rifle, an 870 shotgun, and a 1911 pistol. I often wandered the streets, and the dark zone, alone. This combination gave me the ability to keep engagements at a distance, while still able to decimate the rare threat that got too close.

SideOfPoutine
02-23-2016, 01:18 AM
I like that Pistols have a clear "finisher" role, but they have a couple of design issues.

1) Draw-speed isn't much better than a Secondary weapon.

2) Everyone has a secret double-healthbar because they can instantly gain another 2.5 health-segments with Medkit + First Aid. So the pistol's 30% health finisher bonus doesn't really activate until you've burned through 70% of their base health AND another 83% of their base health from healing.

1) and 2) together mean it's usually better to switch to a Secondary rather than a Pistol - which defeats the purpose of pistols.

I'd like to see the Pistol finisher bonus activate for ~5 seconds after depleting a weapon's magazine, so they can get some consistent value. Yes this would make them worse in combination with Marksman rifles, but IMO that's a good tradeoff for running long-range weapoons and getting caught in CQB (where Marksman rifles are already stronger than they should be)

Kalamath23
02-23-2016, 05:11 AM
I ran the Purple M1A with a nice purple Acog, paired up with the Liberator, and that seemed to work pretty darn well. Also enjoyed shotgunning at lower level but wasn't able to acquire one that did enough damage by the last day of the Beta when most players had higher armor, so the TTK went up higher than expected with a shotty at close range. Hopefully this will be fixed. I don't think any player should survive more than 2 direct blasts from a shotgun at close range TBH.
Also the sidearms felt REALLY weak. Even at close range for both PVE and PvP. It literally would take a whole clip to drop someone and that is really unacceptable. Should be able to kill 2 players in a clutch situation without having to reload if all the shots connect.

ddomero
02-23-2016, 05:34 AM
My last build was Liberator, Classic M1A and M9 something something pistol. Liberator is awesome. Classic M1A is fabulous but the guns.. they're a tickle machine...

I hope one day probably we get a melee weapon if the build allows it? And the shotguns.. more than 2 shots point blank is ridiculous...

Madcap Luck
02-23-2016, 06:47 AM
Assault Rifle/LMG as primary and SMG as secondary. Love the way they handle and feel, looking forward to finding different types that offer perks to health and electronics.
Overall my favorite weapon type in the game are the SMG's. When done right with mods, you can up the magazine size, toss a suppressor on for ADDED stability and muffled sound and have a lethal killing machine in hand.

PanteeDropper
02-23-2016, 07:17 AM
I voted Sniper, a close 2nd would be pistol but most of them in this game are meh!

I would love to go all tanky and use a really high dps pistol with the ballistics shield (like siege). That unfortunately is impossible right now as the shield sucks and so do the pistols. The shield is by far the worst skill and the pistol by far the worst gun ( i get it it's a pistol) and you have to use the two together... I mean c'mon!! The shield is essentially useless as it's being implemented :mad:

Cyronade
02-23-2016, 08:44 AM
Ultimately the AR, then Marksman, SMG, Shotgun, Pistol and finally LMG.

JayMadIV
02-23-2016, 08:57 AM
I thought my favorite would be Marksman rifles, just because I typically suck with Automatic Weapons.

but I grew quite fond of my LMG once I got it modded for stability. I really liked how easy it was to Suppress NPCs also.

xKIKYFREAKYx
02-23-2016, 09:16 AM
I love AR, but i find SMG like Burst Fire MP5 is great and suits my playstyle, stacked with crit chance mods and activated tactical scanner, it's a potential team wipe gun :)

TheBadMan_
02-23-2016, 02:18 PM
I still cry after my purple M1A with 12k crits on it in OPEN BETA :(
Have to add tho that a clip from SMG-9 up close made me smile too.

ChequeSix
02-23-2016, 02:32 PM
The LMGs require considerable gun control, but I like them for the scan/heal//suppression support role in an organized and balanced team, behind the point man in a diamond formation (in the second row) with the guy with marksman and in back and the 4th guy (wildcard spec) off to my side.

Pair with shotgun in close quarters and against charging mobs and AR as default.

TheBadMan_
02-23-2016, 02:39 PM
actualy with lmg gun control gets easier over time of shooting, but again it exposes you to enemy fire especialy in pvp situations thus i belive lmg will be mainly PVE supression feature.

M4YON v2
02-23-2016, 02:49 PM
Got to say after playing the Alpha, Closed Beta and Open Beta I've tried out a lot of different weapons unfortunately nobe of the high end weapons have made it into my hands but enough Blue and purple have.

My favourite has to be a high danage M1A with sufficient mods and a stability talent it really is an unbelievable weapon. Its fast enough to kill several enemies and the headshot damage is enough to insta kill the hardest of players.

My secondary I have messed with chopping and changing all fame. In the DZ I've used a Military M870 Shotgun to win those inevitable short range duels with Rogues but overall my main secondary weapons has been the Police M4. The DPS on it is insane and almost equals that of the high end wepons recoil can be an issue but again its about finding one with a stability talent and the right mods.

komonoso
02-23-2016, 04:20 PM
actualy with lmg gun control gets easier over time of shooting, but again it exposes you to enemy fire especialy in pvp situations thus i belive lmg will be mainly PVE supression feature.This is what l fear. l loved using the lmg's against npc's and having my friends then flank the suppressed enemies.

But that didn't work in pvp because the lmg just didn't have anything stopping the enemy players from popping out of cover with a high damage weapon and getting one headshot before going back to cover. Maybe if the lmg's had increased aimpunch or something they wouldn't end up as a nerfed assault rifle with a big mag.

Piperita
02-23-2016, 04:47 PM
Marksman rifle, hands down. I didn't get one until I hit level 8 and I immediately set it as my secondary weapon. It quickly became my primary weapon because it was easier (for me) to use and more lethal than the assault or machine gun.

Smallfoe
02-23-2016, 04:48 PM
1. Assault Rifle
2. Shotgun

BrockLanders_OG
02-23-2016, 06:03 PM
Shotguns with laser

DIRTDIVER32318
02-23-2016, 11:15 PM
Assault rifles are my go to weapon of choice that being said please ubisoft add the C7A2 you have the c79 scope that with the C7 will just be awesome thank you! Haha. I also enjoy the LMGs never really been a huge fan of them in any game but love them on here!

skywarpgreer
02-24-2016, 05:14 AM
loving the marksman rifles! nothing like feeling like marcus from lone survivor!

hallower1980
02-24-2016, 06:48 AM
The SCAR-H, M1A, and M44 are all fun. Ultimately, I prefer the M44, but the others are well balanced for speed and magazine size. Can't wait to experiment with weapon talents.

The M249 will probably be my secondary. Add an extended magazine to that beast and you can make any enemy pay for approaching too close (and, unlike with shotguns, you can afford to miss). But the MP5 is a great secondary too. It's effectively a mid-range rifle with great accuracy for an SMG.

That will probably be how I kick off the first character, anyway. Half the fun of alts is replaying missions and encounters with different guns. My 3rd character in the beta focused on close quarters, which is fast-paced and very rewarding with the cover system.

dustinmajitsu
02-24-2016, 11:06 PM
I had an upped M7 that would absolutely shred level 9 NPCs. I think I used the M7 the most. Then towards the end I picked up a military shotgun and a marksman rifle I think an M1 not sure. The rifle was really strong doing 4k headshots so it was really great to help me clear out various landmarks. The shotgun could 3 shot melee NPCs. I never got a really strong assault rifle but those that got the Level 12 rifles I am sure they would be my favorite.

InvaderDooMest
02-24-2016, 11:20 PM
I was happy to see a major difference in the way weapons handled in comparison to one another. I played a tanky type of build in the beta and I felt it worked better to be the one flanking enemies. I usually ran with a assault rifle and a pump action shotgun. However, I had a blast with the L86 LMG. It was a fantastic mix of accuracy and stability and the suppression power of a regular LMG.

Biggullygun
02-24-2016, 11:45 PM
SCAR H, M sniper

Alextation
02-24-2016, 11:51 PM
I love DMR's but I wish they did more damage in this game. I use DMR's in PVE but switch to full auto in the DZ.

chan325
02-25-2016, 02:10 AM
My personal favorite was a police m4 I found that rivaled the liberator in stats with a sniper rifle as a secondary. I would've probably used an LMG a bit more but they're not worth it at all in stats and definitely need a bit of buffing in the accuracy department. If it's accuracy was around the same as the assault rifle's hip-fire then it would be useable, otherwise its inability to hit anything makes it no more than merchant fodder.

ljc2992
02-25-2016, 05:03 AM

You know that you can use the equipped scope if you click R3 when aiming? Or did you mean like multiple zooms on one scope?

ljc2992
02-25-2016, 05:06 AM
My favorite weapon has been the marksman rifle without the silencer, because I love the sound it makes. Head shots have been very satisfying, especially if you land them on rogue agents :)

BraxtonNelson
02-25-2016, 05:42 AM
Marksman rifles for sure, My only request would be to change the zoom of scopes. As it stands there is no difference between a 4x Acog vs a 15x scope. They zoom the exact same. That is my biggest beef as they don't change anything. Also (and this is probably since it was the beta) but I felt Marksman rifles were extremely limited. I was hoping to see some more modern options, which I hope and am sure are in the final game.

EdgarHighman
02-26-2016, 02:56 AM
This was hard, because I like Shotguns, SMG's and pistols. But could only choose one. So shotguns. Because they're the most underplayed, I really found a nice one in the beta, 8 shots, +10% reload speed, +10% reload rate +20% stability 3250 dmg per shot.

MioCheff
02-26-2016, 12:09 PM
I had plenty of time to explore the weapons but for now my best suit M4 with optics since I happened to be a sniper in the military.

Brakkyn
02-26-2016, 12:15 PM
Anything that fires quick and accurately with at least moderate damage, so an assault rifle (my choice) or a light machine gun. Submachine guns, maybe. Shotguns, snipers, and pistols--while all having their merits--have too much downtime for me.

stylez-one
02-28-2016, 05:33 PM
my fav setup in beta..ar + smg &/or mr