PDA

View Full Version : quick question

dp606
03-18-2004, 06:43 AM
is it possible to take down a chopper (not just killing the gunman)?

dp606
03-18-2004, 06:43 AM
is it possible to take down a chopper (not just killing the gunman)?

screamster
03-18-2004, 07:16 AM
I am pretty sure you can in the full version. Not the demo.

Check out this super-sweet band! www.lifeinthebalance.net (http://www.lifeinthebalance.net)

CartoonCorpse
03-18-2004, 07:19 AM
yes i have destroyed a few choppers in demo#1 (some are insta death for you, if you go outside the boundaries though), there are also ones you can take out, with boat guns (lots of ammo). i've also taken one out by using all handheld rockets (hard to hit moving target), and my other guns, finally took it out with sniper rifle!

even some that don't attack (don't have gunners)and let you.

"De Omnibus Dubitandum"
- Rene Descartes

Smash_Swiper
03-18-2004, 07:20 AM
pretty sure you can do that in the full.. otherwise it wouldn´t be realistic,,

Boneseed
03-18-2004, 07:26 AM
You can blow up choppers. If you empty a whole clip of submachinegun into them, then hit one with a rocket, it will start to smoke badly. However, completely destroying it takes a lot more fire. You want to get in a position where the gunner finds it hard to target (don't kill him or it will fly away). They explode and leave lots of burning pieces.

When the chopper comes in with three reinforcements and a gunner at the very end of the fort demo, if you clear out the troops with a rocket just before it drops them, you can jump into the chopper. But there are invisible walls that stop you getting into the corner and you soon slide out as it flies away. It is a way to get up to the base of the satellite dish and down onto the back of the island without cheating though.

------------------------
Superintendant Chalmers
"Now More Than Ever"
------------------------

Smash_Swiper
03-18-2004, 07:29 AM
the big thing in the end?.. lol i blew it up with one rocket..

[This message was edited by Smash_Swiper on Thu March 18 2004 at 06:38 AM.]

Boneseed
03-18-2004, 07:32 AM
That's not a chopper, it's a VTOL aircraft. We're talking about the helicopters that have gunners.

------------------------
Superintendant Chalmers
"Now More Than Ever"
------------------------

Smash_Swiper
03-18-2004, 07:37 AM
aw ok sorry bout that´i don´t know much about planes and such.. just as you know they will be more vulnerable (inside information ^^ ) na just kidding.. it´s a guess

Boneseed
03-18-2004, 07:40 AM
Yeah I agree they will probably be more vulnerable!

------------------------
Superintendant Chalmers
"Now More Than Ever"
------------------------

cartwrim
03-18-2004, 08:12 AM
I managed to take out a chopper at the top of the fort. Just stood and filled it with about a zillion rounds from the fixed chain gun thingy. As it started flying away...BOOM!...BTW, has anyone completed the demo with all health in tact? I haven't and would be impressed by someone who has!

CartoonCorpse
03-18-2004, 08:17 AM
yep i have. all health,armor max ammo (well only 14 rounds in rocket launcher, not sure if that's the max),35 sniper, 300 smg, 6 (both) grenades,

no deaths (the advantage being that all the corpses ammo, etc remains available throughout game (corpse supplies disappear when you die)

i'v even left armor and health laying around.

takes about 2 hours (me anyway), on hard.

of course your ammo accumulates in a session, so im starting the next round maxed out (a help)

i haven't done this from the handgun, machete only type of start. though i rarely get 'killed' in game.

"De Omnibus Dubitandum"
- Rene Descartes

[This message was edited by CartoonCorpse on Thu March 18 2004 at 07:35 AM.]