PDA

View Full Version : The X-Files Revival

UbiKeeba
02-02-2016, 04:38 PM
Who else has been watching it? I was a MASSIVE X-Files fan back in the day and I have been so excited it's not even funny regarding this revival. Last night's episode was by far my favorite so far. It was absolutely perfect for a stand alone monster episode.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/12592222_10153824161855729_5820431087036813028_n.j pg?oh=e649cc2eeb7df4454359a22e092d711a&oe=5723D8BB

Cortexian
02-02-2016, 08:17 PM
I didn't watch any of the previous / old stuff. I think it was slightly before I got into sci-fi and going back and watching it now... It hasn't aged well IMO.

However, I have been watching the new ones and they've been awesome. Awesome enough to make me sad that I can't go back and enjoy all of the original 9 seasons for what they were...

UbiKeeba
02-02-2016, 08:20 PM
That's completely fair. The original series spoke to a certain type of paranoia that just doesn't exist now. Thanks to the internet, the worries of aliens and government conspiracies of that type just don't exist like they used to. I like how they sort of addressed that in last night's episode, too.

VorTechS
02-29-2016, 02:12 PM
I haven't watched X-Files in years, but used to love the show. So the new series is something we've been looking forward to since we heard it was coming, and we watched our first episode the other night.

Well.

I'm not sure if we were watching a spoof or something - but I don't recall the series being that 'amusing'. Episode about the Lizard creature that gets bitten by something vaguely human and has the insatiable urge to............ get a job.

Hopefully this was just a one-off, because it was damned near impossible to take it seriously!

UbiKeeba
03-01-2016, 03:46 PM
I'm not sure if we were watching a spoof or something - but I don't recall the series being that 'amusing'. Episode about the Lizard creature that gets bitten by something vaguely human and has the insatiable urge to............ get a job.

Hopefully this was just a one-off, because it was damned near impossible to take it seriously!

The original series had several episodes that were like that. The one that sticks out in my mind the most would be "Bad Blood." That episode was about vampires, and told the story through both Mulder and Scully's perspectives. It was full of humor and amazing. The stand alone monster episodes were largely lighter in tone in that way. Honestly, it's what originally drew me to Supernatural, because it is a lot like the X-Files in that way.

https://media.serious.io/cd4f7406a2505163/serious.gif