PDA

View Full Version : driving



mackz2300
04-02-2004, 11:02 AM
how do i drive the jeeps

mackz2300
04-02-2004, 11:02 AM
how do i drive the jeeps

hot.carl
04-02-2004, 11:09 AM
You have to (ridiculously) use the KEYBOARD - same directional controls as walking.

Don't get me started. This game and UT2K4 ... driving experience is horrendous. HaloPC has the driving and the physics down to a science. Driving any vehicle should be controlled using the mouse (or at least MAKE IT AN OPTION TO DO SO). And, IMO, the driver should not be able to fire weapons, especially not in a 360 degree range ...

Like I said, don't get me started. I love every aspect of this game besides the vehicular controls.

Booooooooooooooooooooooo.

mackz2300
04-02-2004, 12:49 PM
thanks for the info the user manual is crap!!!
i have a lot more requests.

just searching the posts for more answers this forum is great well done to all members!!!

ShadowEagleMKII
04-02-2004, 01:11 PM
hot.carl what do you mean the driver should not be able to fire weapons? If he can't who will? Maybe you could make friends with one of the mercs or something eh? Unless of course you're in multi-player.

Are you just one of those people who thinks everything in a game should be perfectly realistic? In which case you should die with one hitand not be able to carry 4 weapons. Oh, and what about those Trigens?

Realistic does not equal fun.

Not having a go or anything just my opinion http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

mackz2300
04-02-2004, 02:41 PM
i kept crashing help

there must be an easy way

is it hard or just me

seregrail7
04-02-2004, 02:50 PM
"thanks for the info the user manual is crap!!!"
Don't blame the manual for your stupidity. I mean howhard is it to figure out. Oh, and driving with the mouse sucks imo. The keyboard is much better. I can drive the vehicles perfectly.

Los407
04-02-2004, 02:52 PM
I agree with hot.carl that I wish you could control it like Halo vehicles. Halo just feels right! But, you have to consider the point that ShadowEagleMKII makes about who fires the weapon.

The solution?? CO-OP!! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

McSoup
04-02-2004, 02:57 PM
I found both the boats, jeep and buggy fairly easy to master - but if your having problems just get a vehicle an find an area where you can practise with it. The vehicle physics aren't the best, so it could be that your expecting the vehicles to handle as vehicles do in other games and this would be a problem.

Getting through Rebellion to the Archives would have been alot more difficult if it had not been with the buggy with a the machine on top!

Given the option, I'd much rather steer with the keys and aim with the mouse than the other way around!

McSoup

daREALhomercles
04-02-2004, 03:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hot.carl:
HaloPC has the driving and the physics down to a science. Driving any vehicle should be controlled using the mouse (or at least MAKE IT AN OPTION TO DO SO). And, IMO, the driver should not be able to fire weapons, especially not in a 360 degree range ...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha! Pure comedy genius! Did you come up with that comedic little bit all by yourself or did you have some help?

DB73
04-02-2004, 04:13 PM
I thought the vehicles were pretty well implemented in Far Cry. The boats were great to control but the land vehicles were maybe a little more difficult. Being able to aim the gun with the mouse is the reason why keyboard controlled steering & I wouldn't want it any other way to be honest.

AMD AthlonXP 2000, Gigabyte GA-7VTXH+ mobo, 512MB RAM, Radeon 9800 Pro, SB Audigy Platinum, 40GB Hard drive, Windows ME.

c0re-
04-02-2004, 04:46 PM
I would have liked to have seen the external vehicle view follow the vehicle, at the moment you have to constantly reposition the camera with the mouse, and the internal vehicle view is a bit restrictive. I tend to switch between them both but for the parts where you just need to drive not shoot I'd like a decent "chase" style camera like in a driving game.

kwaichain888
09-17-2004, 04:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by McSoup:
I found both the boats, jeep and buggy fairly easy to master - but if your having problems just get a vehicle an find an area where you can practise with it. The vehicle physics aren't the best, so it could be that your expecting the vehicles to handle as vehicles do in other games and this would be a problem.

Yes, but what are those bits of dirt/sand that fly up when you're driving the jeep?

Getting through Rebellion to the Archives would have been alot more difficult if it had not been with the buggy with a the machine on top!

Given the option, I'd much rather steer with the keys and aim with the mouse than the other way around!

McSoup<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

cwright
09-18-2004, 03:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hot.carl:
You have to (ridiculously) use the KEYBOARD - same directional controls as walking.

Don't get me started. This game and UT2K4 ... driving experience is horrendous. HaloPC has the driving and the physics down to a science. Driving any vehicle should be controlled using the mouse (or at least MAKE IT AN OPTION TO DO SO). And, IMO, the driver should not be able to fire weapons, especially not in a 360 degree range ...

Like I said, don't get me started. I love every aspect of this game besides the vehicular controls.

Booooooooooooooooooooooo.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can drive with a joystick/steering wheel/flight yoke using my utility. It has proportional control, unlike some other utilities.

It makes it easy to drive with one hand while shooting with the other!

http://www.kline.demon.co.uk/autojoy.zip

Best regards,
Chris

njcl
09-18-2004, 05:49 AM
driving in far cry is the strafe left/right.hd2 is also the same which is great imho

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/195646/njcll.JPG

-----------------------------
-----------------------------
man the gun turrets in a speeding plane while being chased by messershmidts,rescue a resistance leader from the clutches of the gestapo,rescue and help a unit of american GIs ward off wave after wave of germans....H&D2 has everything

Rapidly
09-27-2004, 10:24 AM
I haven't tried Chris's driving utility yet, but if it lets you use a wheel for driving, BRAVO!! IMO using the keyboard for driving and pedals in this game is really bad. In Mafia you could switch seamlessly from wheel for driving to mouse for walking, and it was great. In fact you could even use the mouse for aiming a gun out the window while driving with the wheel.