PDA

View Full Version : Just Wanted to PRAISE this Game

Jim_Naseum
03-27-2004, 07:06 PM
I have to say, Far Cry is the best single player FPS I've played in a long time. I keep comparing it to Half Life, because it just has a special feeling- it's very polished, every detail seems to have been though of and it's that engrossing. The graphics are amazing, flat out. It sounds silly but there were points in the game I got genuinely giddy at how incredible things looked.

I know people are *****ing about the MP game, granted it's not that great but it's got potential. The SP game is worth replaying to me the same way I replayed Half Life half a dozen times. Just an incredible game! I can't believe so many people can find fault with it, I guess there is no pleasing some people

Jim_Naseum
03-27-2004, 07:06 PM
I have to say, Far Cry is the best single player FPS I've played in a long time. I keep comparing it to Half Life, because it just has a special feeling- it's very polished, every detail seems to have been though of and it's that engrossing. The graphics are amazing, flat out. It sounds silly but there were points in the game I got genuinely giddy at how incredible things looked.

I know people are *****ing about the MP game, granted it's not that great but it's got potential. The SP game is worth replaying to me the same way I replayed Half Life half a dozen times. Just an incredible game! I can't believe so many people can find fault with it, I guess there is no pleasing some people

JettSun
03-27-2004, 09:29 PM
I absolutely agree with you. You know I just started a level in the game where you enter a cave, which is right before the tree top level. And the atmosphere in the cave reminded me of the Doom 3 screenshots. This cave and the tree level that followed was the second time I was genuinely scared in a PC game. The first time I played Doom was the other time I was really scared or got panicky.

But yes the Single Player aspect of this game is dead on hands down one of the greatest if not THE greatest single player first person shooter of all time.

The funny thing about it is, millions of gamers still do not know about this game because it is so new, boy are they missing out!