PDA

View Full Version : SOCOM silenced?

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 12:17 AM
In the Xbox GRIT the SOCOM shows an SD label - but some people are saying that it's merely 'muffled'. During play it doesn't seem very quiet at all. That's intentional? -ba

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 12:17 AM
In the Xbox GRIT the SOCOM shows an SD label - but some people are saying that it's merely 'muffled'. During play it doesn't seem very quiet at all. That's intentional? -ba

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 12:46 AM
the SD means suppressed, not silenced, no weapon is silent. Try for yourself go to the demo kit and grab the m4 and fire off some rounds, and then go to the rifleman weapons and choose the m4 socom and fire off some more rounds and see the difference in sound.

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 02:24 AM
Then go out into the real world and find a "silenced" weapon. Won't happen. Closest you'll get is the MP5SD (the sound of the bolt cycling is louder than the bullet exiting the barrel), or a special integrally suppressed .22 rifle. Despite what most games tell you, anyone in close proximity or in the same room when you fire a suppressed weapon is gonna hear you.

Now, what I don't understand is when Jack Stone takes a target out at an extended range with his suppressed rifle that the tangos instantly know exactly where you are. Sure, they can guess a general direction, but fire and take out one of my guys within seconds? Doubtful. And I'm guessing all their buddies have radios and that's why they instantly come running to where you are...