PDA

View Full Version : Insert CD #2, Can someone help with this!!!!!

XyZspineZyX
07-12-2003, 09:09 PM
I installed everything on a new computer, and still get "Insert CD#2", this is BS. I called UBi's support line and they at first said it was probably my CD-Rom, I told them that I had a 52X Lite_on nad they said it was probably the drive because Lite-on dirves don't work well with the security on the software. SO like an idiot I listen to these no mind morons and go exchange my drive for an LG 52X CD-ROM, get back re-install and guess what, you got it folks, Insert CD #2, if the support guys could have only hear me!!!! So I am afraid I have an expensive coaster sitting here and the idiots at UBI could give a SH*% less. I have purchased every package in the Tom Clancy line up going back many years and have never had any problems, but I am afraid this will be the last package I will buy from these idiots. Too bad Clancy did'nt sell the rights to EA instead of these Morons!!!!!!!!!! CAN ANYONE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XyZspineZyX
07-12-2003, 09:09 PM
I installed everything on a new computer, and still get "Insert CD#2", this is BS. I called UBi's support line and they at first said it was probably my CD-Rom, I told them that I had a 52X Lite_on nad they said it was probably the drive because Lite-on dirves don't work well with the security on the software. SO like an idiot I listen to these no mind morons and go exchange my drive for an LG 52X CD-ROM, get back re-install and guess what, you got it folks, Insert CD #2, if the support guys could have only hear me!!!! So I am afraid I have an expensive coaster sitting here and the idiots at UBI could give a SH*% less. I have purchased every package in the Tom Clancy line up going back many years and have never had any problems, but I am afraid this will be the last package I will buy from these idiots. Too bad Clancy did'nt sell the rights to EA instead of these Morons!!!!!!!!!! CAN ANYONE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XyZspineZyX
07-12-2003, 09:26 PM
just put in cd2

XyZspineZyX
07-13-2003, 12:40 AM
i have the exact same problem, it worked before i applied the 1.3 patch, now when i try to run ravenshield i get "please insert CD2", and yes it is in the drive. can anyone hel with this?

XyZspineZyX
07-13-2003, 06:09 AM
I had that problem once, i fixed it by using Daemon tools(freeware) to create a virtual drive an putting the entire second cd on my hard drive. The game loads much much faster an seems to perform better during those quick kill or die firefights. Goodluck. Peace.

[HEL]Kamots [F]
WWW.HEL-GUILD.COM (http://WWW.HEL-GUILD.COM)

XyZspineZyX
07-13-2003, 06:32 AM
There were numerous problems at the beginning of when this message board started when people were having problems with this. You will have some problems if the tools you are using like......

Alcohol 120%
CloneCD

These programs interfere with the way that the game is being play and that once that they are installed that they do in fact mess with the CD 2 problem.

I was running Alcohol 120% and after I uninstalled that the game never asked for CD 2 anymore.

Ghosty

Hope this helps you out in some way!!!!!

PLEASE UBI WHERE US 1.4!!!!!!

<STRIKE>DID SOMEONE SAY MAC ?</strike>

http://members.shaw.ca/ghosty/images/Pictures/Animation2.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-14-2003, 04:03 AM
Well no sh*t, even the guys are UBI are that smart!!!!!!!!!!

XyZspineZyX
07-14-2003, 04:05 AM
The Daemon tools idea is a good one could you give me some more detailed instructions as to how to do this. Thanks, finally someone with an intelligent solution...............You should apply at UBI LOL

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 04:35 PM
I don't know if this would apply to you, but if you are using a Motherboard with the Nforce chipset, you need to update your Nforce drivers. Mainly the IDE controller. I had the exact same problem, and I found a post on some forum where someone has reported other problems with the Nforce drivers that were closely related. I updated to the latest drivers and it works fine now. Hope that helps!