PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Event

mattshotcha
12-10-2015, 09:23 PM
Christmas on the Frontier has come and with it, a brand new event and some brand new bundles!

http://i.imgur.com/ba78F5Z.jpg

Christmas Event

It is Christmas time and the riders must help bring Christmas to the Frontier by delivering presents in two different game modes. Play the two game modes to collect Gift Points to compete in the weekly leaderboards and to open Christmas Presents.

To collect the Gift points the event has 2 different event games, Special Delivery and Express Delivery, and both games can be played immediately.

Special Delivery: In Special Delivery, the player starts the race with a stack of presents. The goal is to drive the track slowly and carefully to avoid dropping presents. All the presents carried over the finish line will be counted towards your Gift points. Special Delivery missions are spawned randomly, so keep an eye out!

Express Delivery: In Express Delivery, the player must complete a track with the best possible result. The better the medal is, the more Gift points the player gets. Just like Special Delivery, these missions will pop up randomly!

Christmas Present opening is a new unique feature in the Christmas Event. Christmas Presents can be opened either by collecting 400 Gift points or buying them instantly with 200 gems. The gem cost will go down with every Gift point collected. The rewards earned from the presents are random. Inside the presents can be found both classic and brand new items, including tracks, outfits and bike skins.

The event will be active for 4 weeks. Every week of the event will have an exclusive leaderboard that ranks players during that week. Leaderboard placement is based on the amount of collected Gift points. Like the previous events, placing in the top 20% of players each week rewards a new track.

Christmas Gal Bundle

Christmas Gal is a Christmas themed bundle that will run the entirety of the event, 4 weeks starting today. This bundle is offered after the mission ‘Get Butch’ and priced at $49.99.

Bundle includes:

The Christmas Gal outfit (Special power: Reduces the cost of opening Christmas Presents from 400 to 200 Gift points)
2,500,000 coins
2500 gems

Challenge Track Pack Bundle
The Challenge Track Pack bundle contains all of the previously sold Hardcore/Extreme Track Packs in a neat little package. This bundle is offered to players who have completed the mission ‘The Final Frontier’ and it is priced at 550 gems.

Bundle includes:

6 challenging tracks from each tier. Purchasing the bundle reveals the tier 2 and 3 tracks and also repairs the bridge required to access the tier 1 tracks.

Bug Fixes in this Update

Issue with having 2 missions from 1 character at the same time.
Slot machine functionality.

There you have it everyone! Let’s spread some Christmas cheer out in Frontier!

sanymas
12-10-2015, 09:35 PM
Bike skins,outfits,tracks are fine but why bike spare parts in the gift box
Received a level 3 part

HiEverybody3
12-10-2015, 09:41 PM
Looks good, but I miss the speeding up the event missions with gems. Thanks for the update, Matt!

Playyar--32
12-10-2015, 09:51 PM
Looks good, but I miss the speeding up the event missions with gems. Thanks for the update, Matt!

i guess they did that because some people were complaining events being more about grinding and less about skills...

ciscodalicious
12-10-2015, 10:18 PM
Bike skins,outfits,tracks are fine but why bike spare parts in the gift box
Received a level 3 part

I guess I did better than you with a level 5 piston, but I still have no use for it.

hector_evil
12-10-2015, 11:23 PM
I bought the Challenger Track Pack Bundle thinking had new tracks.
Please give me back the 550 gems

NO-bwestlie
12-10-2015, 11:27 PM
I guess I did better than you with a level 5 piston, but I still have no use for it.

I still don't have the tier 3 bikes maxed, or the crazy bikes, and I still don't have a use for the parts since I can acquire them much more quickly than the money anyway. So far I've gotten 2 parts out of 4 total gifts.

kinda503
12-10-2015, 11:58 PM
On a positive note, my third gift was the final piece to the Cyberpunk outfit that I've really been wanting for the slot machine cooldown. Thanks for that! :)

bunnyhop90-
12-11-2015, 10:22 AM
I need my 550 gems back, which were stolen by RL's misrepresentation of information in another language (russian). I need this to happen urgently too

justinman114
12-12-2015, 02:16 AM
I think the xmas gift feature is pretty dumb right now, but I don't expect fixes because they never happen once the event is out. I mean, do we really need to spend 400 gift points just to get a tier 3 bike part? I can get those anywhere in the regular game. I feel completely used. No one needs them. I have 5 prizes so far, one track, 3 bike parts, and 10 gems. Other than the track that's garbage. It would also be nice to know what we can win and when we are finished winning the new stuff. I know this can't just be me with these sentiments.

Joeyjoe333
12-12-2015, 05:49 AM
I think the xmas gift feature is pretty dumb right now, but I don't expect fixes because they never happen once the event is out. I mean, do we really need to spend 400 gift points just to get a tier 3 bike part? I can get those anywhere in the regular game. I feel completely used. No one needs them. I have 5 prizes so far, one track, 3 bike parts, and 10 gems. Other than the track that's garbage. It would also be nice to know what we can win and when we are finished winning the new stuff. I know this can't just be me with these sentiments.

I feel you I have manages 8 parts and only 4 good rewards

Pdizzle337
12-14-2015, 12:37 AM
I switched my data to another phone cuz mine died and now I lost the event leaderboard!! I do this all the time for past events and now its just messed up. Was in to 1 percent too

Bundalley
12-17-2015, 09:14 PM
How do you collect your prize for the top 20% leaderboard for the week? I was at 7% with 10 min to go then it started another week and no prize?

kyuss4
12-17-2015, 11:33 PM
Haven't been able to play since last update. Missing out on all the Christmas gifts. Is it going to get fixed. Thanks

Ubi-JollyCharly
12-18-2015, 09:41 PM
How do you collect your prize for the top 20% leaderboard for the week? I was at 7% with 10 min to go then it started another week and no prize?

Hello Bundalley,

did you manage to collect your prize?
If not, you can try first to restart your phone, sometimes it can help.
Otherwise, I would suggest you to contact the support (link in my signature)

Haven't been able to play since last update. Missing out on all the Christmas gifts. Is it going to get fixed. Thanks

Hello kyuss4,

Did you restart your phone? clear the app caches? Do you have enough space on your phone to run the app properly?

JollyCharly

Bundalley
12-19-2015, 12:52 AM
Hello Bundalley,

did you manage to collect your prize?
If not, you can try first to restart your phone, sometimes it can help.
Otherwise, I would suggest you to contact the support (link in my signature)

Hello kyuss4,

Did you restart your phone? clear the app caches? Do you have enough space on your phone to run the app properly?

JollyCharly

No I did not get a prize. On a tablet and had tried to restart didn't work. Will contact support. Thanks for the help!

Teurastaja87
12-21-2015, 06:23 PM
Thank you Redlynx for this event, for me it's been the best one so far. So many great gifts like the Manbird costume (2x coins in checkpoints), hopefully there will be more events like this in the future.

KJDUB
12-21-2015, 07:19 PM
HI,

overall I like the update I just have a couple of questions/concerns.

How do you challenge a friend to PvP? i'm a level 50 rider so i shouldn't have a problem.

Also, I've opened many gifts with some nice prizes to start off but recently i'm just getting small coin counts and lots of parts, namely six consecutive level 3 parts (we'll see what comes up next! hopefully not another part).

Thanks,

Kyle

xitooner
12-21-2015, 08:28 PM
How do you challenge a friend to PvP? i'm a level 50 rider so i shouldn't have a problem.

Best you can do:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1305391-Bunker-ping-pong?p=11244667&viewfull=1#post11244667

Ghisone_T3F
12-23-2015, 05:06 PM
Hi everybody.
Other People and me are facing a problem : the ranking for christmas event is not working since the end of the first week.
I collect the gifts ans do the two missions to progress but I always had the same number of gifts and my ranking becomes worst each passing day.
Can you help me and other mates to fix this problem, please?
Best regards

Ubi-JollyCharly
12-23-2015, 06:41 PM
Hi everybody.
Other People and me are facing a problem : the ranking for christmas event is not working since the end of the first week.
I collect the gifts ans do the two missions to progress but I always had the same number of gifts and my ranking becomes worst each passing day.
Can you help me and other mates to fix this problem, please?
Best regards

Hello Guisone,

are you talking about the Leaderboards on Android? They should be fixed now. Did you try to restart you game?

JollyCharly

Ghisone_T3F
12-23-2015, 06:53 PM
Hello JollyCharly,
Yes it is the X-mas Event leaderboard on Android.
I try to restart the game but it is the same.
Someone here tells me if i have not reach the total amount of gifts i had in the ranking i won't see change in my Xmas event leaderborad.

For the moment it is not imortant cause i'm in the 20% to obtain the new track. So I will see if my gift counter increases after.

You see i have found the best thread to post my message again i don't continue here :)

Thanks & merry Xmas to all

trashcat666
12-30-2015, 12:57 PM
This thread is almost empty, but anyway I'll ask here: Is there a total LIST of items you can get with the christmas event? Yeah I've seen these pictures around in the other thread ('still only 1 track'), but is this about the community posting what they got to make a list together, or is there an official announcement about what we *could* get?

I have to admit I enjoyed the event so far. As for most players, of course, tracks are the most important thing and I got only three (including Skater's Paradise) yet, but I got the event outfit, the manbird, the Yeti and the Ancient Warrior and the tier 2 bike skins, with the manbird being most important from the skins of course.

Also, although I have the blueprints I refuse to build the Donkey, Phantom and Agent already BUT: Am I still able to get the Skins for those bikes during the event?

NO-bwestlie
12-31-2015, 12:11 AM
Although this is purely anecdotal, I think you can only get paintjobs for bikes you have built. I have been top 10 gifts both weeks and still am, an I recieved phantom PJ just after building it two days ago.

rayau98
12-31-2015, 02:02 PM
A lot of players are NOT being gifted tracks, no matter how many gifts are being opened.

RL you have one week to fix this!

FatalDragon69
01-01-2016, 06:48 AM
I've just noticed that the 'Xmas Gal Bundle' has been reduced to just over £13 now.....Why wasn't it this price in the first place instead of asking the CRAZY price of £40 which was what it was to start with !?!?!? :confused:

The Bundle actually says that it's now 50% off.....Which doesn't make sense as I said, it was originally £40 when the event started !?!?!? :confused:

I'm actually tempted to buy it now that it's at a reasonable price as I could do with the coins for upgrades !!

Joeyjoe333
01-01-2016, 07:07 AM
I've just noticed that the 'Xmas Gal Bundle' has been reduced to just over £13 now.....Why wasn't it this price in the first place instead of asking the CRAZY price of £40 which was what it was to start with !?!?!? :confused:

The Bundle actually says that it's now 50% off.....Which doesn't make sense as I said, it was originally £40 when the event started !?!?!? :confused:

I'm actually tempted to buy it now that it's at a reasonable price as I could do with the coins for upgrades !!
I believe this is a Android store sale as everything is reduced.

FatalDragon69
01-01-2016, 07:08 PM
I believe this is a Android store sale as everything is reduced.

Ahh ok, that makes a bit more sense then.....Cheers Joe !!

:cool: !! Happy New Year.....Have a Good One !! :cool:

hikasrams
01-02-2016, 04:43 PM
Also, although I have the blueprints I refuse to build the Donkey, Phantom and Agent already BUT: Am I still able to get the Skins for those bikes during the event?

I don't think so and agree with bwestlie. Even if manager wrote somewhere, that it could be possible.
I was lucky for getting presents, so after ~15 days i owned all major prizes except Donkey paint jobs. I had all it's blueprints but did not built it yet. And was playing even for whole 3rd week waiting for Donkey blueprints, but they never appeared. And what a surprise! I built Donkey bike few days ago, and then on the same day I received both Donkey PJs :cool:

FabioFialho_85
01-04-2016, 08:15 PM
Hello.
My game goes weird because when I give somersaults forward or backward the bike continues to somersault. I do not know what can be this, never happened to me before.
By the way I liked to say that was a lot easier if you had a button to send the gifts to all friends. Because you lose a lot of time to send one by one.

Ubi-JollyCharly
01-05-2016, 12:49 PM
This thread is almost empty, but anyway I'll ask here: Is there a total LIST of items you can get with the christmas event? Yeah I've seen these pictures around in the other thread ('still only 1 track'), but is this about the community posting what they got to make a list together, or is there an official announcement about what we *could* get?

I have to admit I enjoyed the event so far. As for most players, of course, tracks are the most important thing and I got only three (including Skater's Paradise) yet, but I got the event outfit, the manbird, the Yeti and the Ancient Warrior and the tier 2 bike skins, with the manbird being most important from the skins of course.

Hello trashcat666,

There is no official list of all the possible gifts on this event.

I don't think so and agree with bwestlie. Even if manager wrote somewhere, that it could be possible.
I was lucky for getting presents, so after ~15 days i owned all major prizes except Donkey paint jobs. I had all it's blueprints but did not built it yet. And was playing even for whole 3rd week waiting for Donkey blueprints, but they never appeared. And what a surprise! I built Donkey bike few days ago, and then on the same day I received both Donkey PJs :cool:

Hi hikasrams,

I honestly think it was a coincidence that you received the paintjob just after you got the bike, but I'll ask the devs.

Hello.
My game goes weird because when I give somersaults forward or backward the bike continues to somersault. I do not know what can be this, never happened to me before.
By the way I liked to say that was a lot easier if you had a button to send the gifts to all friends. Because you lose a lot of time to send one by one.

Hello FabioFialho_85,

thanks for your suggestion :)
Concerning the problem, did you try to restart your phone? Clear the game caches? maybe even uninstall/reinstall the game if you saved your progression on Uplay?
Do you have the last update? Do you have enough space left on your phone to run the game properly?

JollyCharly

EDIT : I got the answer. It is possible to get a paintjob for a bike that you haven't finish building. It will be available as soon as you are done with the bike.

hikasrams
01-05-2016, 01:23 PM
Hi hikasrams,
I honestly think it was a coincidence that you received the paintjob just after you got the bike, but I'll ask the devs.
EDIT : I got the answer. It is possible to get a paintjob for a bike that you haven't finish building. It will be available as soon as you are done with the bike.
It's not a problem, just statistical notice FYI, also, no one replied that got PJ before build bike.

Could you please help me with that I did not get any reward for Christmas bunker season? (Support does not get my problems if I write from game :( )

Ubi-JollyCharly
01-06-2016, 02:44 PM
Hi Hikasram,

Did you try to use the support website (https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/)?
Once you did, you can send me your ticket number by PM.

JollyCharly

FabioFialho_85
01-08-2016, 02:36 AM
Hello FabioFialho_85,

thanks for your suggestion :)
Concerning the problem, did you try to restart your phone? Clear the game caches? maybe even uninstall/reinstall the game if you saved your progression on Uplay?
Do you have the last update? Do you have enough space left on your phone to run the game properly?

JollyCharly

EDIT : I got the answer. It is possible to get a paintjob for a bike that you haven't finish building. It will be available as soon as you are done with the bike.[/QUOTE]

Now it does not. It could have been a bug.
My phone is a Samsung Galaxy s3 mini. And the game well to wheel.
Should seriously think about putting in the next update a button to send the gifts at once for all friends.
It was much easier.

xUBILYNXrLIARSx
01-08-2016, 02:20 PM
any chance the not-won-items that were up for grabs during the event may be available again on the loot wheel/slot machine/bought with gems on the wardrobe(suits)/garage/skins) in the future?

i'm a completionist but i can live without the candycane skin for the donkey, but................. i'm afraid my OCD will get the best of me if i keep looking at the incomplete pantless ancient warrior suit for much longer :confused:

KJDUB
01-11-2016, 03:27 AM
I guess I had misread the update. Much like previous updates, they say there's a bunch of new stuff coming and then it turns out to be something that was previously available and means nothing to me. I thought they were saying we could now challenge specific people. However, the message was directed at new riders who hadn't seen the pvp showdown before. Still the same old PvP

Ubi-JollyCharly
01-11-2016, 04:27 PM
any chance the not-won-items that were up for grabs during the event may be available again on the loot wheel/slot machine/bought with gems on the wardrobe(suits)/garage/skins) in the future?

i'm a completionist but i can live without the candycane skin for the donkey, but................. i'm afraid my OCD will get the best of me if i keep looking at the incomplete pantless ancient warrior suit for much longer :confused:

Hello chatkill3r,

So far I have no information about it. Considering what has been made for past events, I would say that the Xmas items will be available again at some point. But I can't confirm it :)

I guess I had misread the update. Much like previous updates, they say there's a bunch of new stuff coming and then it turns out to be something that was previously available and means nothing to me. I thought they were saying we could now challenge specific people. However, the message was directed at new riders who hadn't seen the pvp showdown before. Still the same old PvP

Hello KJDUB,

I am not sure where you saw that you could now challenge specific people. Could you give me more details about what you think wasn't clear enough, so that we try to explain better next time? :)
Thanks

JollyCharly