PDA

View Full Version : Installing Myst 3 on MacOSX 10.2

sebcrump
02-07-2004, 06:00 AM
I am having difficulty installing this. If I try through OSX (via classic) I get a permission error message. If I boot into OS 9 then the installer has problems swapping CDs. It asks for teh 2nd CD then an error message comes up asking for the 1st CD again - then it crashes. I did wonder about creating disc images of all the CDs under Mac OS 9 and then installing from those rather than the physical CDs - has anyone else managed it an easier way though?

Cheers,

Seb

sebcrump
02-07-2004, 06:00 AM
I am having difficulty installing this. If I try through OSX (via classic) I get a permission error message. If I boot into OS 9 then the installer has problems swapping CDs. It asks for teh 2nd CD then an error message comes up asking for the 1st CD again - then it crashes. I did wonder about creating disc images of all the CDs under Mac OS 9 and then installing from those rather than the physical CDs - has anyone else managed it an easier way though?

Cheers,

Seb

wstrohm
02-07-2004, 12:20 PM
Seb,

This is the "Myst and RealMyst" Forum. You need to move over to the "Myst III: Exile" area. However...
First make sure your disks are clean. Use isopropyl alcohol and a cotton swab. If that doesn't help, and you want to try an actual "Full Install" under Mac OS9 (as opposed to the "Full Install" described in the User Manual), e-mail me at wstrohm@socal.rr.com and I will reply with an attachment describing how to use Apple DiskCopy to install Exile and play with no disks in your drive.

Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to SUFFERING! - Yoda