PDA

View Full Version : System Hangs in Amateria

einston
03-26-2004, 07:26 AM
Has anyone been having hangups while in Amateria? I've had two so far... The first was while activating the "Two wheel with three pins" machine. Have to eventually reboot the machine. The second was while on the chair at the "Ball deposit device" (in the air). It hangs up after hitting the red overhead button. Any advice?

einston
03-26-2004, 07:26 AM
Has anyone been having hangups while in Amateria? I've had two so far... The first was while activating the "Two wheel with three pins" machine. Have to eventually reboot the machine. The second was while on the chair at the "Ball deposit device" (in the air). It hangs up after hitting the red overhead button. Any advice?

BobF
03-26-2004, 07:33 AM
These are not common complaints so I would suggest you clean your CD with isopropyl alcohol. These could be just a film or fingerprint problem.

Also, I don't think the overhead red button will do you any good.

Heuris
03-26-2004, 10:39 AM
Question is, do the "hangs" occur at the same point(s) or are they random.

If it's not happening at the same spot all the time, there may be an application running in the background that is causing the problem - screensavers and instant messengers being the two most common culprits. Disabling those before playing is advisable.

If the hangs are occuring at the same point, it becomes a matter of the install type you chose - full or partial. Partial (or typical) install would indicate a dirty/scratched disk as BobF mentioned. Full install would introduce the possibility of a corrupt file on the hard drive.

wstrohm
03-26-2004, 12:03 PM
That sequence pushes the computer's capabilities. If you have "Water Effects" ON, try turning it OFF if cleaning the CD doesn't work. Also make sure you try setting the "Optimum Cinematic Playback" (or something like that) ON, even if you have a CPU faster than the 400 MHz threshold mentioned.

Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to SUFFERING! - Yoda