PDA

View Full Version : QA corner - Update 20.11

G00nzi
11-20-2015, 11:10 AM
Hello,

Your weekly QA corner. Big highlight of the last few days was the iOS Fuel issue which is now fixed. We apologize for that.

Issues currently being looked into:

ANBA empty opponent - No opponent present in next ANBA mission
Leaderboard cheats clean up (**ongoing process**)
Leaderboard recalculation options - Note: this is quite a big task currently under way (Note the Fixed and Released for some improvements)
Monster Lake and ToadHole not being awarded in the A.N.B.A quest line
Banana girl spam
Android - Game freezes and overall performance II (this issue will require several iterations)

Issues fixed in line for release:

Mission overlap from the same character in the same track resulting in no mission requirements when track is launched
PVP golden ticket regain
1000+ fuel issue

Fixed and released:

Android - Game freezes and overall performance I(this issue will require several iterations)
Fuel refill issue iOS- When the game is closed refueling does not happen (While in game or in background the refuel works) - We have identified the cause and are working on a fix
Leaderboard improvements - Uploading of better times to leaderboards, sorting lag, overall leaderboard time keeping improvements
Map - Usability issue on the far east side of the map (big thanks to FatalDragon69)
Native Warrior Outfit - +1 showdown/chips functionality fix
Grease Transit camera issue
Prospector medal requirements

This topic will be subject to updates during the following weeks and please do comment on this thread other issues that are hindering your game experience.
Thanks.

Ride on!

-G00nzi

Joeyjoe333
11-20-2015, 12:07 PM
Good job goonzi and the team for fixing the fuel bug asap we all appreciate it.

Was really hoping for a sale on the tier 2 challenge tracks to compensate could you by any chance give as another half off for those who missed it?

FatalDragon69
11-20-2015, 03:23 PM
Hello,

Your weekly QA corner. Big highlight of the last few days was the iOS Fuel issue which is now fixed. We apologize for that.

Fixed and released:

Map - Usability issue on the far east side of the map (big thanks to FatalDragon69)

This topic will be subject to updates during the following weeks and please do comment on this thread other issues that are hindering your game experience.
Thanks.

Ride on!

-G00nzi

Hi G00nzi,

I thought I'd post these here as well as in mattshotcha's thread, seeing as it was you that I spoke to the first time concerning issue #1.....

1) Many Thanks for extending the east-side of the map, we can see and access the mine tracks a lot better now, BUT.....Unfortunately you fixed it only to create the same problem again when you added the new challenge tracks because the same problem exists only it's at the end of the new Tier 3 Challenge Tracks now.....The "Woodwork Conclave", "Widowmaker" and also "The Grindhouse" Track Icons are as small as the other ones were when I asked about moving the map before, basically the map needs to be extended a bit more to the right again please.....If you want me to post some screen-shots to show you again just let me know !?

2) Also, Can you stop the camera from zooming-out as far as it does, at the following point, on the new Widowmaker track.....

http://i.imgur.com/UJnY4P3.png (http://imgur.com/UJnY4P3)

I play on a Samsung Galaxy S4 which has a 5" screen, which actually looks more like this to me.....

http://i.imgur.com/UJnY4P3m.png (http://imgur.com/UJnY4P3)

It zooms-out pretty fast when I get up onto that platform but then everything is hard to see and judge when I need to lean and accelerate etc. as it's too far out, I have to wait for it to finish zooming-out so I can try getting past the next obstacle.....It basically puts me off my run thus effecting my efforts towards acquiring medals and the track is hard enough as it is without needing to hold a magnifying glass as well.....There's just no need for it to zoom-out THAT far in my opinion !?!?

I hope you understand what I mean and can get these issues sorted for us SOON,

!! Thanks in Advance !! :cool:

ryanv35
11-20-2015, 04:52 PM
Still having troubles with the gift box since the update.

Had a full inbox which I was able to claim, but still only able to send gifts to about half of the players in my list.

Viper692015
11-21-2015, 06:44 AM
Still having troubles with the gift box since the update.

Had a full inbox which I was able to claim, but still only able to send gifts to about half of the players in my list.

Here the same, it wrote always "Timeout network connection".

kinda503
11-21-2015, 12:50 PM
I'm having the opposite problem with the gift box. Mine is full but I am unable to see or claim any gifts. I can still send gifts to people though.

Happened about 48 hours ago after the update (Android)

HiEverybody3
11-21-2015, 01:57 PM
Hi G00nzi, could you take a look at the hitbox for the saws in the first to last extreme tier 3 track? Because the hitbox for them is a little too big for my feeling.

PL-k4kshi-TFG
11-21-2015, 02:10 PM
Yo,
well its nothing urgent but:
in some slot machine missions we get wrong bikes for a wrong track example:
http://i.imgur.com/OFlYDnM.png
its a 3rd tier track with a 2nd tier bike... the same happens with bronco on minecraft dump

justinman114
11-22-2015, 01:06 AM
Yo,
well its nothing urgent but:
in some slot machine missions we get wrong bikes for a wrong track example:
http://i.imgur.com/OFlYDnM.png
its a 3rd tier track with a 2nd tier bike... the same happens with bronco on minecraft dump

This has been happening for me for months. I assumed it was intended since I haven't had anything impossible in that regard. Kind of like the bunker I guess.

G00nzi
11-24-2015, 01:50 PM
1) Many Thanks for extending the east-side of the map, we can see and access the mine tracks a lot better now, BUT.....Unfortunately you fixed it only to create the same problem again when you added the new challenge tracks because the same problem exists only it's at the end of the new Tier 3 Challenge Tracks now.....The "Woodwork Conclave", "Widowmaker" and also "The Grindhouse" Track Icons are as small as the other ones were when I asked about moving the map before, basically the map needs to be extended a bit more to the right again please.....If you want me to post some screen-shots to show you again just let me know !?

Noted. The problem is slightly less severe than before since tracknames are readable and there is a degree of zoom on the button yet it can be improved. Will forward the issue.

2) Also, Can you stop the camera from zooming-out as far as it does, at the following point, on the new Widowmaker track.....

http://i.imgur.com/UJnY4P3.png (http://imgur.com/UJnY4P3)

I play on a Samsung Galaxy S4 which has a 5" screen, which actually looks more like this to me.....

http://i.imgur.com/UJnY4P3m.png (http://imgur.com/UJnY4P3)

It zooms-out pretty fast when I get up onto that platform but then everything is hard to see and judge when I need to lean and accelerate etc. as it's too far out, I have to wait for it to finish zooming-out so I can try getting past the next obstacle.....It basically puts me off my run thus effecting my efforts towards acquiring medals and the track is hard enough as it is without needing to hold a magnifying glass as well.....There's just no need for it to zoom-out THAT far in my opinion !?!?

Valid concern. Will raise the issue.

Thank you for the feedback.

-G00nzi

G00nzi
11-24-2015, 01:54 PM
Hi G00nzi, could you take a look at the hitbox for the saws in the first to last extreme tier 3 track? Because the hitbox for them is a little too big for my feeling.

Investigating.

NO-bwestlie
11-24-2015, 02:50 PM
I've noticed lately that when I PB on a track, and check it on the LBs later, my bike is listed with a seemlingly random level of upgrades. Last one with Mantis had it as about 0/1/10/3 or so in terms of upgrades. I guess this would make people think my times are cheated, as there's no way to put up some of these times with that kind of bike level. I'm not sure when this started happening, but it must have been within the last two weeks.

FatalDragon69
11-24-2015, 04:22 PM
I've noticed lately that when I PB on a track, and check it on the LBs later, my bike is listed with a seemlingly random level of upgrades. Last one with Mantis had it as about 0/1/10/3 or so in terms of upgrades. I guess this would make people think my times are cheated, as there's no way to put up some of these times with that kind of bike level. I'm not sure when this started happening, but it must have been within the last two weeks.

I noticed this the other day as well, it showed my Mantis to have no upgrades at-all when it's fully maxed out, and when I clicked on other riders to check theirs, they all had varying degrees of upgrades, all of which seemed unlikely set-ups !!

EDIT: @ G00nzi.....Thanks for forwarding the issues I post before this, hopefully you can get them sorted for us ASAP, Cheers again mate !! :cool:

PL-k4kshi-TFG
11-24-2015, 06:32 PM
As xtabay said:

I accidentally pressed the "refresh for 20 gems" button when I was going for the "Specials" tab. How about putting a little confirm step there - who would ever want to spend 20 gems to refresh that screen anyway?
i think its would help alot, what about a confirmation button? for refilling fuel or other things that costs gems... please consider it

Fevves
11-24-2015, 08:51 PM
Specially when game goes berserk and cost me 95 gems for the fuel tank upgrade without me tapping any potion of the screen, it all went, almost, in the background. Force KILLED the game and the phone was behaving normally...

And to say I have an infinite fuel.... I never needed that tank upgrade and I never even tapped on anything, the game went in berserker mode with ghost taps all over the screen...

yep, it really happened.

Whatever was fixed in this new release... is simply not enough.

Another GLITCH (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1330570-Trials-Frontier-Update-Notes?p=11162862&viewfull=1#post11162862) with the awkward and broken LB scoring...

Re controlls: FUZZY? HELL YEAH! (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1325354-Severe-issues-no-response?p=11156308&viewfull=1#post11156308)

PL-k4kshi-TFG
11-24-2015, 09:47 PM
Specially when game goes berserk and cost me 95 gems for the fuel tank upgrade without me tapping any potion of the screen, it all went, almost, in the background. Force KILLED the game and the phone was behaving normally...

And to say I have an infinite fuel.... I never needed that tank upgrade and I never even tapped on anything, the game went in berserker mode with ghost taps all over the screen...

yep, it really happened.

Whatever was fixed in this new release... is simply not enough.

Another GLITCH (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1330570-Trials-Frontier-Update-Notes?p=11162862&viewfull=1#post11162862) with the awkward and broken LB scoring...

Re controlls: FUZZY? HELL YEAH! (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1325354-Severe-issues-no-response?p=11156308&viewfull=1#post11156308)

+1
G00nzi why are you ignoring some propositions?

bunnyhop90-
11-24-2015, 09:50 PM
team, your help is required here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1336410-WTH!-Global-score-not-improving-after-ANBA-wins-any-other-track-time-improvement!) please

rubb-TFG
11-25-2015, 01:26 AM
I don't know if the flying fuel tank background piece aka the "flying saucer" was supposed to be fixed well it's back again. Doesn't bother me, but I thought you should know.

MaknHosLegsShvr
11-25-2015, 03:59 AM
What just updated for iOS? Anything? LoL

I'm in the middle of a match, 10 minutes to go and of course the gas pedal would just stop working, then freezing and speeding up at every single checkpoint, so I decide to restart the game.
Then it says it's downloading the latest content, which takes ten or so minutes despite being on a solid wifi connection. Then it goes into a continuous reboot of the game 4 or 5 times. I suspect there was some kind of update that was getting pushed to my phone and made it start acting like how I stated above.

Also, why do some ads have access to the system volume now? The volume will get muted and stay muted unless I turn it back up. If I want to mute your ad, I will. Stop screwing with dumb things like that and fix the core of the game that is completely broken.

G00nzi
11-25-2015, 05:43 AM
As xtabay said:

i think its would help alot, what about a confirmation button? for refilling fuel or other things that costs gems... please consider it

Good points. I will forward this usability issue to the team. Thank you.

G00nzi
11-25-2015, 05:50 AM
team, your help is required here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1336410-WTH!-Global-score-not-improving-after-ANBA-wins-any-other-track-time-improvement!) please

Thank you for the heads up we are currently investigating.

I will update the original post once we verify and find the root causes for the issues posted.

yjgalla
11-25-2015, 11:30 AM
Here's another glitch: I was waiting for the slot machine challenge to reset, because it was one of these too-hard-bordering-on-impossible ones. I opened the slot machine screen to see how much time was left. It was only a few minutes so I left the game that way and switched the device screen off. When I switched it on again, the special prizes reset, but the challenge did not.

CagBall
11-25-2015, 02:56 PM
My game performance (Android, S5) seems to be getting worse with each update. I've always had the game freezes, lagging, speeding up and slowing down randomly,. Also, after about 2-3 minutes my phone becomes really hot and the freezing/sped up gameplay is constant. I know this is not new, but it currently renders the game unplayable for me and I've not been able to play the newer track pack because of it.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon?

Fevves
11-25-2015, 08:55 PM
Cag, since the game pesters with the server calls (I presume) and then heavy 3D processing is kicking in, maybe your phone is throttling so to cool itself and the CPU down. This can be avoided if they fix and optimize the game and the code, since you can't fix the thermal throttling (you could do something but only if you have the rooted phone and kernel which would permit you to tinker with the thermal params, which is rather dangerous IMO). The only thing you could do is to exclude DVFS managing yielding the phone a bit warmer, but again.... you would need root and few other things to do so. I had stutters only when DVFS was enabled (on purpose so to test) while I had Samsung phones... The way they implemented the DVSF is choking the voltage while dropping the frequencies is odd. Sometimes it can even leave your phone stuck on low frequencies until rebooted. It sucks and Samsung knows that, still they enforce this on the user instead of implementing the good balanced throttling kernel params.

Still, consider yourself a bit lucky as you don't have the Snapdragon 810 chip inside that phone - if not you would see some serious and very heavy CPU throttling and heat spreading from your phone (i.e. you could almost cook the breakfast and some coffee on it).

yjgalla
11-26-2015, 11:24 AM
Still, consider yourself a bit lucky as you don't have the Snapdragon 810 chip inside that phone - if not you would see some serious and very heavy CPU throttling and heat spreading from your phone (i.e. you could almost cook the breakfast and some coffee on it).
My phone has a Snapdragon 810 and I can play Frontier just fine and the phone doesn't get too warm (probably throttled but without noticeable impact to the game). I don't play for hours at a time, however, usually until fuel tank is empty and showdown slots are used up.

CagBall
11-26-2015, 11:31 AM
Thanks Fevves. I don't have a rooted phone and probably won't be tinkering with things like that (as I don't fully understand it) and I'd hate to make matters worse. My phone is working overtime with most apps and it stuggles to find network signal half the time. I think the problem is, as you say, the phone struggling in general rather than the app causing the problems. TF definitely affects this more than other apps though.

Thanks for the detailed help - you really seem to know what you're talking about! I wish I could just get a new phone to be honest but might just have to backup my files and remove anything uneccessary from it. One thing I've noticed with TF though is that it causes Google Play to stop responding mid race. Not sure why this is happening though.

I really wish I knew more about phones/android to be confident in trying what you suggest! Thanks again.

G00nzi
11-26-2015, 11:42 AM
Regarding Android would also like to add that we are currently in the process of optimizing performance that will, hopefully solved some of the issues old and new the player have been having with it. You can find the thread here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332174-Performance-optimization-for-Android)

CagBall
11-26-2015, 04:13 PM
Thanks Goonzi!

Fevves
11-26-2015, 07:55 PM
My phone has a Snapdragon 810 and I can play Frontier just fine and the phone doesn't get too warm (probably throttled but without noticeable impact to the game). I don't play for hours at a time, however, usually until fuel tank is empty and showdown slots are used up.

Just cause you are not pushing it hard enough to see the downfall, also maybe cause your phone chipset and CPU are being underrated (underclocked) by the manufacturer and also cause it might be the v2... Still, you're good until summer kicks in again ;) Also, it should have been the great chip... but it performs lousier then ever predicted. 808 is the true gem and can outperform 810... Let's hope 820 will be as good as 801 / 805 /808 were once they hit the market.

Thanks Fevves. I don't have a rooted phone and probably won't be tinkering with things like that (as I don't fully understand it) and I'd hate to make matters worse. My phone is working overtime with most apps and it stuggles to find network signal half the time. I think the problem is, as you say, the phone struggling in general rather than the app causing the problems. TF definitely affects this more than other apps though.

Thanks for the detailed help - you really seem to know what you're talking about! I wish I could just get a new phone to be honest but might just have to backup my files and remove anything uneccessary from it. One thing I've noticed with TF though is that it causes Google Play to stop responding mid race. Not sure why this is happening though.

I really wish I knew more about phones/android to be confident in trying what you suggest! Thanks again.

NW Cag, pity your S5 is acting up as it really is the one of those good and solid Samsung phones. I mean, it is great once tinkered to act as it should and once you get to unleash the beast (somewhat) hiding "under the hud". I can't complain about my One+1, but S5 has some really nifty features.

ps: I had S4 and I tweaked it to the bone, still I hated some Samsung choices so I jumped the boat for this low cost version of the flagship (it's almost underrated now, but perform realy snappy and fast).

Regarding Android would also like to add that we are currently in the process of optimizing performance that will, hopefully solved some of the issues old and new the player have been having with it. You can find the thread here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332174-Performance-optimization-for-Android)

Nice one G00nzi and effort is truly appreciated. That thread should summarize more then it holds now, but hey... atm, we're reporting left and right, the info is still here in the forum so I trust you have no difficulty to find the relevant info and get even more feedback. :)

sanymas
12-04-2015, 02:31 PM
Hi GOOnzi
There was this download content and after updating now the game dosent start
Tried everything still no success.
Thanks in advance
Solved
Had to reinstall

hikasrams
12-04-2015, 04:00 PM
Hi GOOnzi
There was this download content and after updating now the game dosent start
Had to reinstall
For me it was the same today, also reinstalled.
Please show uplay button earlier in the game, don't force old players to play 4 levels each time after reinstalling; it happens not so rarely :/

sanymas
12-04-2015, 05:26 PM
I have to reinstall after every major update
Be it agent update or Halloween,always had to take reinstall root.

G00nzi
12-04-2015, 07:34 PM
Please show uplay button earlier in the game, don't force old players to play 4 levels each time after reinstalling; it happens not so rarely :/

There already plans for something similar so stay tuned.

G00nzi
12-04-2015, 07:36 PM
I have to reinstall after every major update
Be it agent update or Halloween,always had to take reinstall root.

Regardless on how successful the re installation process is this should not happen. We will investigate.

hikasrams
12-05-2015, 09:26 PM
Regardless on how successful the re installation process is this should not happen. We will investigate.

I know that I'll have to reinstall if progress bar goes up and down, e.g. 32%, 28, 31, 29, 30, 28....

sanymas
12-07-2015, 07:41 AM
GOOnzi
I am a bit puzzled
There was always a recommended option when you sync with the servers.
But after I have reinstalled the game i dont get the recommended option.
And I don't want to loose my progress choosing the wrong option.
One other thing about PB times not showing in the lb when playing offline.
One more annoying thing,
Can't edit my post from a mobile version of the forums if I try the post gets deleted had to edit with a desktop site version.

G00nzi
12-07-2015, 08:53 AM
There was always a recommended option when you sync with the servers.
But after I have reinstalled the game i dont get the recommended option.
And I don't want to loose my progress choosing the wrong option.

Yes there was the recommendation but almost always on device which was not really useful. It is up to the player to decide which one suits him/her best depending on the scenario. Server tends to be most up to date if you are on always online scenario for example. From our side there is no way to know what is your device progress when playing offline hence if you do so when syncing Device would be the one to choose.

One other thing about PB times not showing in the lb when playing offline.

Leaderboards are an online feature.

One more annoying thing,
Can't edit my post from a mobile version of the forums if I try the post gets deleted had to edit with a desktop site version.

Will forward that functionality improvement

All the best,

G00nzi

sanymas
12-07-2015, 09:30 AM
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320xq90/r/908/XhHoFA.png
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320xq90/r/633/zXX913.png
Will my PB get updated to lb or have to make another run
Thanks for your prompt response

PL-k4kshi-TFG
12-07-2015, 10:43 AM
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320xq90/r/908/XhHoFA.png
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320xq90/r/633/zXX913.png
Will my PB get updated to lb or have to make another run
Thanks for your prompt response

Gonna say what suport says:
"it wont update untill you beat it again online. Sorry for the inconvenience"
i have many tracks where my time isnt updated

G00nzi
12-07-2015, 11:20 AM
Currently we are working on a fix for this, meaning times in device that failed to upload at some point will be uploaded. This is coming into one of the near future updates and i will keep you informed in a future QA corner.

PL-k4kshi-TFG
12-07-2015, 11:28 AM
Currently we are working on a fix for this, meaning times in device that failed to upload at some point will be uploaded. This is coming into on of the near future updates and i will keep you informed in a future QA corner

thank you very much :) its my only problem with this game, everything else i perfect thanks :)

sanymas
12-07-2015, 01:22 PM
Gonna say what suport says:
"it wont update untill you beat it again online. Sorry for the inconvenience"
i have many tracks where my time isnt updated

It's very annoying when times dont upload

sanymas
12-07-2015, 01:24 PM
Currently we are working on a fix for this, meaning times in device that failed to upload at some point will be uploaded. This is coming into one of the near future updates and i will keep you informed in a future QA corner.

Once again thanks
You are the best☺

hikasrams
12-07-2015, 04:34 PM

I had lots of updates (especially doing anba missions, I didn't screenshot them), but as I have to reinstall game from time to time (android), so all PB times are gone, I guess, there will be nothing to update :)
One good thing might be that ANBA missions were rewarded, but on those tracks would be the same difficulty next time :D

sacpush
12-07-2015, 06:58 PM
Hey goonzi
Just asking mate
Is there going to be a story mode again in trials
I have already beaten the story mode a long time back
And I really liked it
But will there ever be a new story mode with all those characters or maybe new ones mate
Cheers

FatalDragon69
12-08-2015, 02:50 AM
Hey goonzi
Just asking mate
Is there going to be a story mode again in trials
I have already beaten the story mode a long time back
And I really liked it
But will there ever be a new story mode with all those characters or maybe new ones mate
Cheers

Someone else mentioned this a few days ago as well.....I think that a story extension leading to us unlocking some more new tracks etc. (like the original story line) would be great, as the story mode was one of the best features in this version of Trials, so I hope they are looking at doing a story extension some time in the near future !? :cool:

sacpush
12-08-2015, 10:10 AM
Yaaaa mate a quirky story just like the first story would be great
I personally loved Doing flips and all for some character in the beginning
Good times