PDA

View Full Version : Anybody remember Combat Missions?

mbernste
04-07-2004, 05:55 PM
If anybody here remembered the show Combat Missions that aired on USA a few years ago, do you remember the fiesty ex-Navy Seal Scott Helveston? If you watched the show, he was the one who was always talking trash, starting fights, etc.

It turns out that he was one of the four American contractors that were killed in Iraq last week. Just goes to show what a small world this is.

Max

mbernste
04-07-2004, 05:55 PM
If anybody here remembered the show Combat Missions that aired on USA a few years ago, do you remember the fiesty ex-Navy Seal Scott Helveston? If you watched the show, he was the one who was always talking trash, starting fights, etc.

It turns out that he was one of the four American contractors that were killed in Iraq last week. Just goes to show what a small world this is.

Max

Demon_Mustang
04-09-2004, 10:05 AM
I only saw the finale episode, so I don't know who you are talking about. I'm pretty sure it's not the Navy SEAL that made it to the final eliminations because he was not "fiesty" or someone who would trash talk. He seemed like a very nice guy. He would have pwned everyone if they haven't given him a cheap plastic magazine that broke into the receiver while he was loading the M16 on that one course.

"By sacrificing human life to serve their radical visions, by abandoning every value except the will to power, they follow in the path of fascism, Nazism, and totalitarianism, and they will follow that path all the way to where it ends: in history's unmarked grave of discarded lies." - George W. Bush (09-20-2001)

mbernste
04-09-2004, 11:28 AM
Scott didn't make it to the final elimination, nor did his team. He was just definetely one of the more popular characters on the show.

Max

shin_en
04-09-2004, 12:58 PM
I see him as notorious rather than popular. I hated his guts watching the show.

http://shin_en.250free.com/mrrogers.bmp

Pointklickdie
04-09-2004, 08:15 PM
Lol he was always startin fights with people, talkin smack. I thought he did a good job at that. Then, when it was about the othere teams and guys, you'd see him back in the background laughing and joking with the guys, so I though he got payed to play the part.
He was good friend with that Special Forces guy Garth. Garth said Scott came out of the foster care system, so he did really good with himself. I still have 3 of Scotts fitness videos thatll never get watched again. He had a website up dunno if its still there tho.

" I love a stinky piece of cheese"
"A pungent, ghastly, stinking piece of cheese" the Roaming Gnome.

durdd
04-09-2004, 08:33 PM
Meh, Combat Mission IMHO was a bit too glorified. Mail Call is my favorite military show.

http://www.smakclan.com/downloads/ss/sigs/yanyan3.jpg

Guidon666
04-10-2004, 01:11 PM
Yeah I remember the show. Was allways hoping for a 2nd season.

The guy was a putz! While everyone else epitomized(sp) what it was to have a professional attitude.... this guy was a flamming jerk. Sorry to see what happened to him though.

http://www.angelfire.com/vamp/guidon666/images/666sig2.jpg
"The Spirit of the Cav is reason enough to fight!"
Bad day in the Cav: "Gunner! Sabot! Motorized Rifle Regiment.... Left tank first!"

zitara
04-10-2004, 08:45 PM
yeah didnt like that show at all...too damn fake.
not sure if I remember the character though...a shame that he died for money.