p4 2.8 800 fsb
fx5200 128 ddr/64 3d prohit/64ddr mx440se
2x 15 1x 18 w/s tft monitor
sound blaster 5.1 w creative labs speakers
80 gig seagate

Message Edited on 10/13/0305:02PM by hrapter

XyZspineZyX
10-13-2003, 06:14 PM
They dont bother me, I find it a must to use them on the Space Shuttle map from the map pack3 in coop, thats the only time I use them. Im not bothered if anyone uses smoke /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

__________________________________________________ _________
Think you have skillz? Take away those cmags, then show us your skillz /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-13-2003, 06:16 PM
Good, very good....
i'm all for them, they're VERY helpful....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hey look! Camper's Pampers...
http://www.monkeysandrobots.ca/lucent

XyZspineZyX
10-13-2003, 06:18 PM
Smoke nades are o'k. Sometimes you need them for sniping with thermals. I usually don't use them too much cause I'm no good at sniping, but they are also handy for covering up gas nades as well http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://urbanaggression.com/punisher/scab_banner.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-13-2003, 06:38 PM
Smoke is an exploit in co-op till someone fixes the AI, pure and simple.

There is no situation that can only be solved with smoke. I NEVER use them and I've cleared out every map in most of the co-op modes.

Flash grenades are just so under used.

XyZspineZyX
10-13-2003, 06:42 PM
They are okay, but we restrict them because they are just another FPS killer. They create lag on many of the maps.

Remember this rule. . .

Just because it worked in/on someone else's computer does NOT mean it will work on yours!

Good Hunting!

XyZspineZyX
10-13-2003, 09:00 PM
KShot wrote:
- They are okay, but we restrict them because they are
- just another FPS killer. They create lag on many of
- the maps.
-
- Remember this rule. . .
-
- Just because it worked in/on someone else's computer
- does NOT mean it will work on yours!
-
- Good Hunting!

Yeah they're a good excuse for dying /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-13-2003, 09:19 PM
Bad, because that jack FPS.

</head><body topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">http://www.ckt.com/philip/fritz_blood_nomad_UBI.gif
<font color="#CCCCCC" size="2">--</font>
<font color="#CCCCCC" size="1">ASUS A7N8X-D v2, Antec 400W PS, Barton 3200+, 1GB (512x2) Corsair TwinX PC3700, GF4Ti4200, Soundstorm, XP Pro(SP1), DX9b</font></body></html>

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 12:39 AM
Yeah they're horrible for my Geforce 2. Another thing I hate are nades. Not the nades but the smoke that comes after the nades. Thats a big FPS killer too. Also the smoke off of the flashbangs. There should be an option to turn the damn smoke off of those damn grenades and flashbangs.

Smoke in this game = bad.

Sorry to get off topic here but does any of the plants in this game give you video lag? Example: the garden on Penthouse. Oh well. SMOKE BAD!!!

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 02:46 PM
Mcflie wrote:
- Yeah they're horrible for my Geforce 2. Another
- thing I hate are nades. Not the nades but the smoke
- that comes after the nades. Thats a big FPS killer
- too. Also the smoke off of the flashbangs. There
- should be an option to turn the damn smoke off of
- those damn grenades and flashbangs.
-
- Smoke in this game = bad.
-
- Sorry to get off topic here but does any of the
- plants in this game give you video lag? Example: the
- garden on Penthouse. Oh well. SMOKE BAD!!!
-
-

Yes the garden hits my fps by about 50%, I didnt think it was the plants, I was thinking more the slight terrain. I think if the terrain isnt dont right, it does hammer your fps, I might be wrong though /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

__________________________________________________ _________
Think you have skillz? Take away those cmags, then show us your skillz /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 05:36 PM
Maybe it's your sh**ty computer Fritz?

Must be the cr*py Athlon chip. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

I think smoke is necessary in some situations. For example on Mountain Highway: Red spawns at the bottom...runs up the path and cannot go around corner at top (left turn to openning at top of the stairs) without being an easy target. Smoke the top and run darting back and forth to counter thermals. Easy way to take it over.

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 06:36 PM
Smoke is good ,when you ahve a thermal device. But when you dont , and your whole team smokes, you get beat down because you cant see. That i dont like.

My ladder stats. (http://ladder.ubi.com/index.asp?gamename=RAVENSHIELD&ladderid=0&modeid=0&lan=en&FILTERCHANGE=1&SELECT_ALIAS=EXACT&INPUT_ALIAS=IDPA_Master&SELECT_COUNTRY=&SELECT_RATING=EQUAL&INPUT_RATING=&SELECT_KILL=EQUAL&INPUT_KILL=&SELECT_DEATH=EQUAL&INPUT_DEATH=&SELECT_COMBAT=EQUAL&INPUT_COMBAT=&x=41&y=10) Albeit not good.