PDA

View Full Version : TO ALL UBISOFT MAP DESIGNER PLEASE READ

v1DStar01
01-20-2004, 01:53 PM
Last week I mailed in a letter descibing some items/game modes/changes i'd like to see in RB63.

1. More new content...we need fresh maps fast..people are getting tired of the same maps over and over..

HOw about A black Hawk down scenario, or a Boeing 747 map(as seen on Delta Force)

A Aricraft Carrier map.

And i also hear a lot of people wodering why their is no distinction between Green and REd team...why cant it be like on Counter Strike where green team is the Rainbows, and REd team could be map specific terrorist..isnt that what the whole game is about.

And i would like to see game modes that have been around since the last ice age..CTF(could be a flag/briefcase/documents..whatever but lets infiltrate steal and reach extraction

Destruction maps...blow up to points..this one is a given..everybody knows this is a super fun counter strike mode

Siege..recon had it what happen that little square is hard to put on different maps

I mean im not asking for much but i hate to have to change games to play diefferent modes cause i get so tired of always shooting dudes for no specific reason...we spawn we run we shoot we hope we had more purpose...Theirs nothing like trying to secure hostages and getting to extraction to findout that a sniper was waiting for you all along and starts dropping your hostages....

I also cant wait for a game that will let you extract hostages even though 1 or 2 got shot on the way to the helicopter..

My gamer tag is : cheetz

P.S. i love rb6 but damn 4 months into it im starting to think we should have more to keep us shootiong

v1DStar01
01-20-2004, 01:53 PM
Last week I mailed in a letter descibing some items/game modes/changes i'd like to see in RB63.

1. More new content...we need fresh maps fast..people are getting tired of the same maps over and over..

HOw about A black Hawk down scenario, or a Boeing 747 map(as seen on Delta Force)

A Aricraft Carrier map.

And i also hear a lot of people wodering why their is no distinction between Green and REd team...why cant it be like on Counter Strike where green team is the Rainbows, and REd team could be map specific terrorist..isnt that what the whole game is about.

And i would like to see game modes that have been around since the last ice age..CTF(could be a flag/briefcase/documents..whatever but lets infiltrate steal and reach extraction

Destruction maps...blow up to points..this one is a given..everybody knows this is a super fun counter strike mode

Siege..recon had it what happen that little square is hard to put on different maps

I mean im not asking for much but i hate to have to change games to play diefferent modes cause i get so tired of always shooting dudes for no specific reason...we spawn we run we shoot we hope we had more purpose...Theirs nothing like trying to secure hostages and getting to extraction to findout that a sniper was waiting for you all along and starts dropping your hostages....

I also cant wait for a game that will let you extract hostages even though 1 or 2 got shot on the way to the helicopter..

My gamer tag is : cheetz

P.S. i love rb6 but damn 4 months into it im starting to think we should have more to keep us shootiong

dadirtybodybag
01-20-2004, 06:45 PM
I think every player of R6-3 want those things!

R6-3 have a big potential if they give us the opportunity to have thoses options.

http://pages.infinit.net/bodybag/images/dbbg.gif

divot31
01-21-2004, 08:52 AM
I'd like to see a couple maps from popular movies/tv shows. I'm not sure of the legal ramifications but it would be cool to stage a game in Nakatomi Plaza from Die Hard, or on Air Force One from well, Air Force One.

The lobby scene in The Matrix
Alcatraz from The Rock (just kidding)
Cyberdine Headquarters from Terminator 2
City Street/Hotel Lobby from True Lies

etc. etc.

Backlasher
01-21-2004, 02:42 PM
Come on guys, They have to leave things open for rs #4 . http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Backlasher
01-21-2004, 03:19 PM
You know what they need is to develope a game thats more urban . Like a game sorta like Vice City that had online capability. Maby something with all sorts of characters. Imagine joining a game that plays in a massive city or multiple cities. a dedicated server for each sene. you log on and choose to join a gang like the crips, bloods, With that east side west side thug loveing it with a tech nine or a glock or have other options like joining the maphia and be a gangtsa oldschool style, with hitmen, tommyguns etc.. or join in a militia sniping setting off c-4's while shooting. Or go at it down south style wearing wife beater shirts and sporting a sawd off shoutgun fling down the street in an old F150. Or you could join the nypd (police squad)The french connection. Everyone would start off in there own territory and would either hold there ground there or invade someone else's. Like the thugs would be in a big city or a ghetto. Downsouth would be in the back woods etc..Gangs could have rivals with other gangs. The Westsiders could do a drive buy shooting on the Eastsiders or attack the Downsouth (hillbillies), or the militia could attack another militia or attack a cummunity gang, or the maphia. The police could intervene etc.... There would be no levels just designated environments that would be on specific servers. instead of logging into one server or another, You would just run walk or drive into another environment in senqe with your team. Maby you could have objectives like take control of someone else's territory or just elimante the enemy and move on to another environment. All of this in one big game. You could call it "THE BIG GAME". That would take alot of developement and dedicated servers and a few dvdrom disks.It could be done on the pc but would be sweet if it was for the Xbox 2.

avidxerox
01-21-2004, 03:39 PM
Hello fellow rainbow sixer.

It seems you have a slight missunderstanding of these forums. This is not a link to map designers. And most likely map designers wont read this. Let me explain somethings to you.

-. "More new content...we need fresh maps fast..people are getting tired of the same maps over and over.."

You will get new maps around every 2/3 months is what it has been so far. so consider that a scheldule.. I would never expect a map a week. or a whole bunch of maps to appear for free. It takes many man hours to make a map.
And not singular man hours..
You have the Map designers.
And the Skinners/Texture guys Who have to create textures for the walls etc.. If they used old textures all maps would look the same.
Then you have tons of guys who oversee the map make sure its alright.
Then you have the Testers to make sure there is not a HUGE amount of glitches.
Then you have all the GUys over at microsoft who have to Verify the map Like they did to the patch.
And then you have to guy who has to make the map downloadable content.

next....

-"...no distinction between Green and REd team...why cant it be like on Counter Strike where green team is the Rainbows, and REd team could be map specific terrorist..isnt that what the whole game is about."

That is what the single player game is about.
See terrorist arnt as highly as highly trained
as the super elite Team rainbow. So of course to make it fair and "REALISTIC" you have to make both sides to same.
Plus you have to understand this.. THe r6 series has been around for many many years im talking like 1995/96 and i was playing it then.. FOr the OLD school fans.. why change something the fans are used to .

-"And i would like to see game modes that have been around since the last ice age..CTF(could be a flag/briefcase/documents..whatever but lets infiltrate steal and reach extraction"

Ummm CTF my friend.. lol cmon .. it makes more sense to have the other team as terrorist then have CTF.. maybe when TEAM rainbow is taking a **** break from saving the world they have time to go capture the the f-ag. Un realistic.

As for bomb and Briefcase missions.. Yeah i AGREE on that one..we should have it.But then if u wanna experience that you have that game you wish r6 was like "Counter Sh-t."

-"I mean im not asking for much but i hate to have to change games to play diefferent modes cause i get so tired of always shooting dudes for no specific reason...we spawn we run we shoot we hope we had more purpose...Theirs nothing like trying to secure hostages and getting to extraction to findout that a sniper was waiting for you all along and starts dropping your hostages...."

You not asking for much??? YEAH RIGH THATS HUNDREDS OF HOURS OF WORK>> THE DEVS ARE ON A SCHEDULE MAN>>> CMON>> WHY the hell would u email a dev to ask for this stuff..

-"we spawn, we run we shoot"
Yeah alright thats what you do.. I think in between some of that stuff..
NOW put this to work in your brain.. WHAT More does it come down to.. Then SHooting.. ITs all about your aim. >It dont matter if the guy starts right next to you and the match last .0002 seconds either way.. The WHOLE basis of the game comes down to that 1 millisecond when u aim at his head and fire .. No more then that.

"P.S. i love rb6 but damn 4 months into it im starting to think we should have more to keep us shootiong"

Ahhh you love r6.. .. but not enough to keep you shooting.. uhh then what are u gonna do play Top Spin.. CMon man There are people playing rainbow six 1 from '96 TO THIS DAY> and have been playing it since the day it came out.. Yeah seriously no sh-t... you dont see them complaining....

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN>>>>> I AM AVID. And im glad to be in your forums...

(hey bullettooth.. ive been reading these forums since day .. one but never posted.. and i felt it was about time.. i support what you say 100% and some of these patch flamers are just newbs" -Peace out.

Contr0L
01-21-2004, 07:33 PM
Dear Devvies,
Please bring back the Bunkers Level From Rogue Spear! As a Sniper on That Game I was crazy in love with it! Bunkers on Xbox Live would be awesome I would go crazy if you did that. and would kiss your feet http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

DeserttFoxxx
01-22-2004, 03:03 AM
man i like this guy avidxerox, not only does he crush this guys hope of any of his requests commin to light, he does it in thourogh detail, oh man thats crazy, im laughin my *** off readin this post, he sound like a ubi soft crusader.

cplnobbs
01-22-2004, 03:29 AM
Just Like to say avidxerox i agree with you 100% rainbow six is no counter (sorry cant bring myself to say the rest).

I have to agree with no CTF, man when is a real counter-terrorist team gonna get the time to mess around trying to get a flag (inless it was lined with explosives or bio-agents). You want that go to that OTHER thing!!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
Original Post By v1DStar01
-"I mean im not asking for much but i hate to have to change games to play diefferent modes cause i get so tired of always shooting dudes for no specific reason...we spawn we run we shoot we hope we had more purpose...Theirs nothing like trying to secure hostages and getting to extraction to findout that a sniper was waiting for you all along and starts dropping your hostages...."
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your not asking much??

You may as well say you want every single game that was ever made all rolled up into one game,
hey not disputing that this would be cool, but realistically this is never going to happen.

No offense to you mate but perhaps think about things before you ask for it.

AND WELL DONE BULLETTOOTH keep up the good work!

Feelings of unimportance are often caused by a lack of importance.
Banish your feelings of unimportance by becoming President of the United States.

techwolf359
01-22-2004, 09:45 AM
>> It seems you have a slight missunderstanding of these forums. This is not a link to map designers. And most likely map designers wont read this. Let me explain somethings to you. <<

Actually, I find that a lot of game development teams read their respective forums for ideas of what the community wants.

>> maybe when TEAM rainbow is taking a **** break from saving the world they have time to go capture the the f-ag. Un realistic. <<

Just like two teams of Rainbow shooting each other is realistic? http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

--
Learn Perl(tm)
XBL: techwolf

cplnobbs
01-22-2004, 09:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by techwolf359:
Just like two teams of Rainbow shooting each other is realistic?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont know if you know the word 'training' but teams like Rainbow will do a damn lot of it..

And who better to train against than people of the same expert abilities like themselves

Feelings of unimportance are often caused by a lack of importance.
Banish your feelings of unimportance by becoming President of the United States.

techwolf359
01-22-2004, 09:57 AM
Heh. That's what I was getting at, actually. The original poster called CTF unrealistic sine they're the "save the world" type. I was pointing out that objective based game styles offer the same type of training as 2 teams of Rainbow attacking each other would.

--
Learn Perl(tm)
XBL: techwolf

avidxerox
01-22-2004, 07:38 PM
LOL alright folks im in for Round TWO of the flame.....

-"Actually, I find that a lot of game development teams read their respective forums for ideas of what the community wants."

Yeah... We(die hard fans) all wish. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif that was the case.

"Just like two teams of Rainbow shooting each other is realistic?"

I already said about training and fairness did i not..Seems like you were in to much of a rush to post that craap reply that you dint take time to think it out like i did. lol

----
yeah im the one who probably booted you out of my game. -goodnight