PDA

View Full Version : Help

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 11:36 PM
I dont have xbox live and was going to maybe get it. Since that 2month free thing came with the companion disc I figured I would just try it first. I just plugged in a length of crossover ethernet cable into my modem and turned on my xbox but when i tried to sign on it said i had no connection and to check the cables. any help?

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 11:36 PM
I dont have xbox live and was going to maybe get it. Since that 2month free thing came with the companion disc I figured I would just try it first. I just plugged in a length of crossover ethernet cable into my modem and turned on my xbox but when i tried to sign on it said i had no connection and to check the cables. any help?

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 11:38 PM
do you have your computer on?
If so turn off your comp.
Unplug your modem from the wall and wait 2 minutes plug it back in and try the trouble shooting then/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
It worked for me/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

<center><b/>I have the fifth freedom... So watch out here I come.

http://home.earthlink.net/~wabaaj/Aj6627.jpg
<font color=ff0000>http://dmoz.org/Games/Video_Games/Shooter/Tom_Clancy_Games/Splinter_Cell/
Josh Horne a forum legend /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif j/k
<marquee width="500"><font color=0099FF>Emperor of the Messenger, Elite Ops, Third Echelon Operative, bold thinker, Over 2000 postings, Chatter, Thread Maven, Citizen of D'ni, Veteran, F-15 Pilot, Supervillan, Abgesandter der Maya (1500+) (more disbatched of the Maya), Echter IL-2 Fan , GR Hunting Club, Baron Noir, Egal à Sam, Numéro II, I am the LAW, Virus... (happened at 6:29PM EST on October/25/2003)/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
<font color=ff0000>Respect List: NSAagent, S7N, WinsK, SKULLS, Sangsta, Troy(where ever he is), Usa320, Rohan.com,Bergeyman, NightCrawlerEvo, DCell, AgentXBOX, Martin Caya</marquee>
<center><a href=http://www.cbs.com/primetime/fall_preview_2003/shows/navy_cis.shtml target="_blank">
</a>
<font color="black"><font color=ff0000>
<center>MEMBER OF PITTBULLS MAFIOSO

XyZspineZyX
11-05-2003, 02:01 AM
You need a straight thru ethernet cable (RJ-45), a crossover will not work with a direct connection to your modem.

XyZspineZyX
11-05-2003, 03:06 AM
That depends on your modem. My modem will only accept a crossover, which sucks becuase I had to go and get one specific for that, even though it is running into a hub. Anyway, does your internet connection require you to enter your info on the Xbox, or can you do it automatically.

Gamertag:
Gandalf Wizard

Hurry up and wait.
I support the second ammendment. If you don't know what I mean come in my house un-announced and I will gladly show you.

XyZspineZyX
11-05-2003, 03:18 AM
Defintely get a straight-thru/patch cable .It'll fix the problem. That crossover will only link up you and one other friend's Xbox's or PC's together w/o a hub, switch, bridge, router etc.