PDA

View Full Version : Moding a mod

darkhero2
09-10-2004, 11:53 PM
Ok, installed the pure realism mod. Works fine. I get the big **** M249 I think its called, and it does 200 rounds instead of 100. Good good. But. I want to set it at 500 rounds. I also want to increase the number of rockets that can be fired from the rocket launcher from 4 to say 6 (which is what it looks like it should handle). I know about the weapons lua file, and the individual weapon luas, and even changed the pickups to include more rounds. But now I get the default M249 and RL instead of what I changed them too OR the moded one, even though the mod is in place.

I changed both the uncompressed files, and then recompressed into a zip and changed the extension to PAK as well. What file am I failing to alter?

Thanks

darkhero2
09-10-2004, 11:53 PM
Ok, installed the pure realism mod. Works fine. I get the big **** M249 I think its called, and it does 200 rounds instead of 100. Good good. But. I want to set it at 500 rounds. I also want to increase the number of rockets that can be fired from the rocket launcher from 4 to say 6 (which is what it looks like it should handle). I know about the weapons lua file, and the individual weapon luas, and even changed the pickups to include more rounds. But now I get the default M249 and RL instead of what I changed them too OR the moded one, even though the mod is in place.

I changed both the uncompressed files, and then recompressed into a zip and changed the extension to PAK as well. What file am I failing to alter?

Thanks