PDA

View Full Version : This is disgraceful!

Japesgalore
03-27-2004, 02:58 PM
I need some straight answers people. What the hell is wrong with this game. I must have spent 20 hours in 2 days trying desperately to get the slightest bit of enjoyment for my expenditure and troubles. All I get is a complete piss-take. Seems like everyone's getting one problem or another - I seem to be getting them all.

Ridiculous load time of the dvd! This makes it extra frustrating when messing with drivers and stuff cos you gotta wait 15 minutes for the disk to load every time you reboot.

I did manage to install the thing eventually, only to be unable to load the game. On a few occasions I got through the intro and got stuck on some VUP graphical error message. On a couple of other tries I got to walk down a corridor of flickering poligons before the VUP message came up again when he answers his phone. My current driver setup allows me to get stuck on the first screen after loading, great.

To add to my misery, I have tried to download the patch. My internet connection just cut off again (4th time I think) after 3 hours and 67% complete. Is this bastard file supposd to help anyway?! I can't image what id do if finally I got it and the game still refused to run.

This game is a total shambles by the producer or whoever. This interent site is crap too because instead of being given answers to common problems, we are left to gossip about them without actually getting anywhere.

Do us a big favour, swallow your pride, and put a big thing on your homepage about how you are working to fix up all the numerous bugs.

SORT IT OUT!!

Any feedback that people could find easily would by much appreciated, thanks!

Japesgalore
03-27-2004, 02:58 PM
I need some straight answers people. What the hell is wrong with this game. I must have spent 20 hours in 2 days trying desperately to get the slightest bit of enjoyment for my expenditure and troubles. All I get is a complete piss-take. Seems like everyone's getting one problem or another - I seem to be getting them all.

Ridiculous load time of the dvd! This makes it extra frustrating when messing with drivers and stuff cos you gotta wait 15 minutes for the disk to load every time you reboot.

I did manage to install the thing eventually, only to be unable to load the game. On a few occasions I got through the intro and got stuck on some VUP graphical error message. On a couple of other tries I got to walk down a corridor of flickering poligons before the VUP message came up again when he answers his phone. My current driver setup allows me to get stuck on the first screen after loading, great.

To add to my misery, I have tried to download the patch. My internet connection just cut off again (4th time I think) after 3 hours and 67% complete. Is this bastard file supposd to help anyway?! I can't image what id do if finally I got it and the game still refused to run.

This game is a total shambles by the producer or whoever. This interent site is crap too because instead of being given answers to common problems, we are left to gossip about them without actually getting anywhere.

Do us a big favour, swallow your pride, and put a big thing on your homepage about how you are working to fix up all the numerous bugs.

SORT IT OUT!!

Any feedback that people could find easily would by much appreciated, thanks!

dmfreck
03-27-2004, 03:04 PM
First off, you need to tell us what your computer specifications are. That's the only way those of us on the boards who know something would be able to help you.

Second, do you have the latest drivers installed. Do you have lots of background applications running, etc? Without knowing your level of expertise we wouldn't know where to begin helping.

Third, the people that come to the boards are the ones having problems. I would be willing to wager that most people who bought the game aren't having problems. I have yet to have FC crash on me, but I'm a computer "expert" and keep my PC nicely tuned.

Fourth, seems like you've had many ancillary problems (your internet connection, etc) ruin your FarCry "experience". I know you're frustrated, but remember not to confuse the two.

Hang in there, post your specs, update your drivers and we'll help you as much as we can. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Darth Worm
03-27-2004, 03:12 PM
do everything Dmfreak said, and post post more specific explainations in the tech support forum, you'll get much better feedback there. and even if u cant play right away, good things come to those who wait. i couldnt play morrowind or BF1942 for months after i bought them b/c of problems, but i didnt flip out, and have had a great time playing them. hang in there, read other problems/solutions and stick it out for the patches

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Shuzer
03-27-2004, 03:16 PM
As dmfreck said, we need your specs to help you out

However, to help you out, I'll run through a list of what it sounds like your main problems are

1. Update your drivers (you have VPU recover, so they're either up-to-date or slightly old)

2. Disable VPU Recover through the ATI Control Panel. It has ALOT of issues with alot of games, causing crashes and giving you VPU Recover error messages. The feature has done more bad than good, it would seem.
At the same time, set Anisotropic Filtering and Anti-Aliasing to "Application Preferance" in your Direct3D settings (also found in your ATi control panel).

3. As for the game not installing, I'd suggest trying ripping your DVD to your computer with an ISO ripper and mounting it and installing it. Alcohol 120% seems to have a negative affect on FarCry's installation (there's a "feature" that makes it so you can't have CD/DVD emulation software installed when trying to install FarCry), so try using Daemon Tools to mount the ISo after you've ripped it (guides on ripping CDs to ISOs and mounting can be found with a simple google search).

But yeah, I can see those 3 things fixing most, if not all, your problems (other than your internet cutoff problems). Your specs would also help us troubleshoot your PC.

Mister_Bump
03-27-2004, 03:18 PM
Oh - and you are way off the mark Japes - this is one of the most stable and bug free PC releases I have seen for some time - hell, even Gamespot commented on how lacking it bugs it was. 90% of the people you see complaining here are the usual 'PC is the problem, not the game' people that you get with any big game release. Most people (such as myself) are off enjoying the game - these boards could almost be called quite in terms of problems compared to other releases of a similar size that I have been witness to over the years. Of course, there are the 10% that have genuine concerns, although I'm kinda feeling you are in the former, not the latter.

-----
Argument (ar*gyou*ment) n. A discussion that occurs when I'm right, but they haven't realised it yet.

Toy Room (http://www.btinternet.com/~olly.howard/projector2.htm)

P4c 2.6Ghz HT 800 FSB
Hercules Radeon 9800 Pro
1Gb Corsair PC3200 XMS LL
Abit IC7-G
2x120Gb WD SATA-150 RAID 0

Jynger
03-27-2004, 03:19 PM
I never had any problems running the game, I get nice high framerate (setings all high) with mu AthlonXP1800+ Radeon9600xt128 and 512MB RAM. So sad to see soo many stupid peaople in these forums who cant run theyr PC and blameing others(game dev's) for theyr own incapability.

L337Bossman
03-27-2004, 03:24 PM
Game runs beautiful for me, everything on very high.

Athlon XP 3000
1 gig DDR 3200
Windows XP
Cat 4.2 drivers.
Radeon 9600 Pro 256mb

protocalx
03-27-2004, 03:24 PM
I havn't had any problems with it either :S

as a matter of fact, i love this game so much that if it could have my children, id marry it http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

gotta love the shotgun!

Protocalā®

-let darkness be my light-

Japesgalore
03-27-2004, 03:45 PM
Thanks for all the quick responses. I didnt think that so many of you were hanging around to help.

My System:

AMD 2400+
Windows XP pro
512Ram
Radeon 9000 128Mb

What sort of details you need really? I dont know how much infor I can give, such as what kind of Ram I have etc. Im not really clued up on PCs, but I do remeber what games were like to load 10 years ago. This business reminds me a lot of it. My system isnt quite 2 years old, and I have had barely a single problem with all other games and applications.

Il get back to you when I get the latest catalyst driver, and when the patch is installed. But, people have managed to play this on older catalyst drivers, so I dont think the latest is necessarily a necessity.

IMAX3D
03-27-2004, 03:56 PM
DUDE, CONCERNING YOUR DOWNLOAD PROBLEM OF THE PATCH (BEING DISCONNECTED SEVERAL TIMES), I WOULD SUGGEST USING A "FREE" DOWNLOAD MANAGER LIKE "GETRIGHT" (GETRIGHT.COM)... IT ALLOWS YOU TO CONTINUE DOWNLOADING FROM THE POINT THAT YOU LOST CONNECTION OR HAD TO DISCONNECT...AND IT ACCELERATES YOUR DOWNLOAD....LATER

Deluxxe
03-27-2004, 04:31 PM
capslock

BigFerret
03-27-2004, 04:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mister_Bump:
Oh - and you are way off the mark Japes - this is one of the most stable and bug free PC releases I have seen for some time - hell, even Gamespot commented on how lacking it bugs it was. 90% of the people you see complaining here are the usual 'PC is the problem, not the game' people that you get with any big game release. Most people (such as myself) are off enjoying the game - these boards could almost be called quite in terms of problems compared to other releases of a similar size that I have been witness to over the years. Of course, there are the 10% that have genuine concerns, although I'm kinda feeling you are in the former, not the latter.

-----
Argument _(ar*gyou*ment)_ n. A discussion that occurs when I'm right, but they haven't realised it yet.

http://www.btinternet.com/~olly.howard/projector2.htm

P4c 2.6Ghz HT 800 FSB
Hercules Radeon 9800 Pro
1Gb Corsair PC3200 XMS LL
Abit IC7-G
2x120Gb WD SATA-150 RAID 0 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is the most buggy game i've ever purchased! Hey don't get me wrong, there's something special about this game, it has loads of potential but it runs with more bugs than a crack *****. I will likely shelve the game and check back in a month or so.
P4 2.6 800
sys RAM 512 3200
VID FX5900

Bone43
03-27-2004, 05:00 PM
I had alot of problems at first with it in D3D
but since i switch to Opengl on my 5900 it rocks great game right in there with the best
i have played even got some of the setting to
very high all the rest to high and shadows on medium runs great

Bone43
03-27-2004, 05:00 PM
Opps Sorry double post

Syndicate69
03-27-2004, 05:12 PM
hmmmm seems like a lot of people are having problems
i haven't had any problems yet

p4 2.6 9clock 3.02)
radeon 9800 pro 128mb
512 ddr400

a lot of the problems people are having are getting commmon now and theres houdl be a commonly asked questions or something to help people easier without searching threads.

but yeah updating drivers and lowering graphic settings almost solves them all. if your still getting graphics problem you probably need more ram a better graphics card or even get an upgrade all together.

JettSun
03-27-2004, 05:17 PM
To the original poster: I feel so bad for you. Because this game FarCry has been trouble free for me right out of the box. This game is so good, that it is worth an investment in a better computer and better internet connection. Throw that crap out that you are having problems with and face facts: your system is no good, upgrade now!

Old_Sweep
03-27-2004, 05:19 PM
My computer is;

AMD-XP 2300
Dual Memory 2x 256 MB
Radeon 9500 Pro

I haven't any problems at all. I love the game!

Have you lowered the "quality parameters" of the game?

im.Danger
03-27-2004, 05:23 PM
An observation.............It seems that most of the people having trouble installing have the dvd version. UT 2004 had the same problems. You might want to get the regualr cd version next time. At least until dvd game support is more dependable.

chromecast
03-27-2004, 06:10 PM
OK bottom line.
You wanna see disgraceful? Electronic Arts is disgraceful. If you think you have problems with Farcry, then you should check out all posts for Battlefield Vietnam!!
UBI has demonstrated their interest in improving this game to its maximum potential. Most importantly, UBI has actually acknowledged the existence of its fans which, in my opinion, is quite humbling for a game manufacturer to do.
As it is, I see a company that is dedicated to a game, and I think its reasonable to give recognition for that.

Bugs? Maybe I'm Blind... (or fortunate)
I dont have a ultra hi-end system and have absolutely no problems with this game.
As for the bugs that seem to be so flamboyantly *****ed about, I have seen none. I havent played the Multiplayer yet, so have no knowledge of how well that runs, but as far as i'm concerened this game runs great on what i consider a mid range machine.

This is a high end game, expect performance problems on older machines and certain hardware. Have you ever tried to run Windows XP on a Tandy??? Of course, since it wont work, they will claim that the software is sh1t and is buggy as hell. These people will shelve their games indeed.

Another bottom line:
Dont fit a Model-T with a nitrous and expect things to run smoothly

___
AMB Athlon XP 2600+
MSI K7N2 Delta 400
512MB running at 333 (even this is bottlenecked)
GeForce 4 ti4200 4x AGP

jarin26
03-27-2004, 06:16 PM
format your computer dude start over, most of the time the trouble lies with bad drivers, or pieces of old driver sitting around.

Format start over

- Jarin

killroy-x
03-27-2004, 06:18 PM
My Specs:

AMD 1800xp
768DDR Ram
Radeon 9700pro (not over-clocked)
Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1

Now, I've been trying to play the single-player game for a couple of hours and I wouldn't necessarily say this is the most "bug-free" game. It has it's number of bugs. For me however, the most frustrating thing is the crashes or freezes.

I can't get past the first level due to this. I've used the auto-detect so I'm not crankin up the details. I'm using application preference. I'm trouble shooting now, but I'm slightly disappointed with FC, in my case only though.

I'll keep tryin

Japesgalore
03-27-2004, 07:17 PM
Listen, too many of you are getting way too selfrighteous, defensive, and all the rest of it about how much better your pc's and gaming experience is. What bothers me is the inconsistency of the problems. I 'have' played the game up to a certain point with some parts of the screen missing, but now it gets stuck on the first logo screen. I have no idea what is wrong, I just want to see some positive ****ing changes.

What is the first thing I can do, without having to buy a new computer as some of you have so cleverly pointed out, or formatting my hard drive.

TFR_Filth
03-27-2004, 07:26 PM
I have had not a single problem with the game. Wish I could say the same for everyone.

Skullguise
03-27-2004, 07:54 PM
Sorry Japes but I am another person with not very many problems running the game.

The "first thing you can do" is LISTEN TO THE ADVICE EVERYONE ELSE ALREADY GAVE YOU. Dmfreck and shuzer already gave you great advice. I haven't seen ANY replies from you that you have tried them. All I have seen from you is "I have no idea what is wrong, I just want to see some positive ****ing changes." So unless you try to make sure your system is CAPABLE of running the game you have no one to blame but yourself if it doesn't CHANGE.

The game was pretty choppy when I first started playing so I went and got the newest video drivers and it played great afterwords. The sound occasionally dropped out completely so I stopped using EAX ingame. MY system normally has problems with EAX anyways.

My point is you do need to tweak the game and make sure you have the latest drivers and tweak your system and game until it play the way it is supposed to. They can't possibly make a game like this that will play on every combination of hardware and older drivers.

This game quite simply has the most amazing graphics and AI I have yet to see in a game.

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video, audio, windows, and motherboard. Upgrading your drivers is a fact of life for PC game players. ESPECIALLY when it is a cutting edge game like this.

If you need help getting drivers let us know.

Sometimes you need to make sure that your video card is configured correctly as well. First try it with anti aliasing and anisotropic filtering set to "application controlled". If that doesn't work then turn one or the other OFF.

Vyer
03-27-2004, 07:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Japesgalore:
Listen, too many of you are getting way too selfrighteous, defensive, and all the rest of it about how much better your pc's and gaming experience is. .<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No offense Japes, but what do you expect? Your original post gave off all your frustration, but you have to understand:

A lot of people haven't had problems with the game.

A lot of people appreciate the work that the CryTek team put into this great game.

With all due respect, a lot of your problems seem to stem from your end. Not updated drivers, slightly older video card, etc. You yourself said you weren't too knowledgeable about computers. You can't expect a design team (especially one as new as they seem to be) to be responsible for everyone's system.

I have had no problems out of the box. I am enjoying what is possibly one of the best games I've played in a long time. So its unfortunate to read something ripping the guys that created it a new one.

No one means to insult you, but you have to expect some defensiveness when you run the creators through the ringer; especially if some people don't see where you're coming from at all.

chromecast
03-27-2004, 11:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You can't expect a design team (especially one as new as they seem to be) to be responsible for everyone's system.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And this applies to almost every other game producer out there. You can't cater to everyone, but you can at least try your best. I don't think you will find a company more willing to solve your problems than this one.

...and when it comes down to it, you're gonna have to accept that your going to need to upgrade one day. If this doesn't tell you, then some other future program will.

...and then they'll complain... ...again.

chromecast
03-28-2004, 12:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Japesgalore:
Listen, too many of you are getting way too selfrighteous, defensive, and all the rest of it about how much better your pc's and gaming experience is.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Japes, I think the reason people are showing they're systems off is to give you an idea of what seems to work well. It should give an idea of what one should aim for to get their machines up to snuff. I didn't show my specs to show off, but to show what seems to work well for me and that goes for everyone. I hope that someone can look at that, then realize that maybe an upgrade is not such a bad idea.

your not gonna get anywhere by swearing and calling people self-rightous. In fact, if i was one of the people who tried to help you, I'd feel down right insulted by now.

Sordidz
03-28-2004, 01:03 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mister_Bump:

-----
Farcry is very buggy for some. When every other game runs fine for me I blame the game.

It freezes randomly. I have to control-alt-delete and then relaunch the game.

I cant even play unless I use opengl which isnt even selectable in the game. In directx it would fully load the first level and then freeze while still in the loading screen.

I dont have these problems with any other game. I have the 53.03 drivers. All unnecessary services are disabled. I run Ad aware regularly.

Farcry is one of the best games I've ever played, but its also the buggiest game I ever played.

I have everything on medium except Env which is high. No aa or af. I get very playable fps with these settings.

P4-2.5 533 fsb
GF TI 4800
1 gig rdram
audigy gamer
xp home

[This message was edited by Sordidz on Sun March 28 2004 at 12:11 AM.]

primestar1
03-28-2004, 01:19 AM
i havnt had a problem at all with the game, runs fast graphics look great and think its one of the best games i've played. sorry to hear youv'e got so many problems with it:-(

CarpetFilter
03-28-2004, 01:51 AM
Sorry to say I was unable to get the game to work, at all, on my desktop with an ATI card (All-in-wonder 9200). I got it running nicely on a laptop with an Nvidia card. Funny thing is, the laptop has 512 meg of memory, a 64mb GeForce 4 Go, and other sub-optimal hardware.

I tried switching to use opengl, but the pull-down menu is greyed out.

It seems a lot of the most serious problems relate to ATI cards. I guess the Nvidia cards aren't getting along with the game all the time either, but I haven't heard too many people say they weren't able to play at least.

The game was built for Nvidia cards in mind, hence the Nvidia logo that you might see if you can get that far. It sucks, but I guess that means the support for ATI might be lacking. Indeed, there were no ATI related fixed in the first patch, but quite a few Nvidia ones, and the ATI cards seem to be exibiting the most problems.

The game is awesome. I just wish it didn't take me two days to get it working. While I am a software and web developer, I can't keep track of the ins and outs of every piece of hardware I own. It's not like I examine schematics and reverse engineer drivers all day long.

Anyway, I guess the point I'm trying to make... the game doesn't like your system, or your system doesn't like the game.

Upgrade your drivers, defragment your drives, run scandisk, turn off virus scanners while playing, make sure you have the new directx, set your AGP aperture to equal the amount of memory on your graphics card, make sure anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering are both set to application preference in opengl/direct3d config, switch to opengl for rendering if all else fails (first figure out how, I don't know myself), and turn all the graphics options for Far Cry to "low". If that works, slowly adjust the graphics options upward until you're satisfied. If none of that works, then either wait for a patch (you might not get one that fixes your problem) or upgrade your system.

kickassclone
03-28-2004, 02:05 AM

SORT IT OUT!!

Any feedback that people could find easily would by much appreciated, thanks!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You sound like a crybaby with a lamer 56k connect who knows not the slightest thing but how to BITC[-].

http://home.earthlink.net/~steelie-slayer/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/eocsig.jpg

kickassclone
03-28-2004, 02:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CarpetFilter:
Sorry to say I was unable to get the game to work, at all, on my desktop with an ATI card (All-in-wonder 9200). I got it running nicely on a laptop with an Nvidia card. Funny thing is, the laptop has 512 meg of memory, a 64mb GeForce 4 Go, and other sub-optimal hardware.

I tried switching to use opengl, but the pull-down menu is greyed out.

It seems a lot of the most serious problems relate to ATI cards. I guess the Nvidia cards aren't getting along with the game all the time either, but I haven't heard too many people say they weren't able to play at least.

The game was built for Nvidia cards in mind, hence the Nvidia logo that you might see if you can get that far. It sucks, but I guess that means the support for ATI might be lacking. Indeed, there were no ATI related fixed in the first patch, but quite a few Nvidia ones, and the ATI cards seem to be exibiting the most problems.

The game is awesome. I just wish it didn't take me two days to get it working. While I am a software and web developer, I can't keep track of the ins and outs of every piece of hardware I own. It's not like I examine schematics and reverse engineer drivers all day long.

Anyway, I guess the point I'm trying to make... the game doesn't like your system, or your system doesn't like the game.

Upgrade your drivers, defragment your drives, run scandisk, turn off virus scanners while playing, make sure you have the new directx, set your AGP aperture to equal the amount of memory on your graphics card, make sure anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering are both set to application preference in opengl/direct3d config, switch to opengl for rendering if all else fails (first figure out how, I don't know myself), and turn all the graphics options for Far Cry to "low". If that works, slowly adjust the graphics options upward until you're satisfied. If none of that works, then either wait for a patch (you might not get one that fixes your problem) or upgrade your system.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Built for Nvidia? Check my sig dumba$$. I wonder why I can run the game at very high settings WITHOUT 1 PROBLEM WHATSOEVER. I guess you are one of the unlucky people who got the screwed-up release of the game. I heard they released 250,000 different versions of the game to make sure that it would run on at least ONE computer. I guess I got the version that worked, HAHA. My advice is to build a better comp or straighten the p.o.s. machine out you got and the game will work fine. You guys are TOTAL LAMERS.

http://home.earthlink.net/~steelie-slayer/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/eocsig.jpg

kickassclone
03-28-2004, 02:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by killroy-x:
My Specs:

AMD 1800xp
768DDR Ram
Radeon 9700pro (not over-clocked)
Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1

Now, I've been trying to play the single-player game for a couple of hours and I wouldn't necessarily say this is the most "bug-free" game. It has it's number of bugs. For me however, the most frustrating thing is the crashes or freezes.

I can't get past the first level due to this. I've used the auto-detect so I'm not crankin up the details. I'm using application preference. I'm trouble shooting now, but I'm slightly disappointed with FC, in my case only though.

I'll keep tryin<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YO..dumba$$ don't cry if your system does not meet the RECOMENDED requirements. I hate when they even list MINIMUM..screw minimum and that 1800xp is a joke get a faster cpu and a 9800 pro/xt.

What mobo do you have? What kind of ram? who the F**K runs 3 256mb sticks but LAMERS...I bet they are ALL different sticks to boot also....too funny

Red_Wagon
03-28-2004, 04:16 AM
Works great on my 9800 pro from the moment I got it, and all benchmarks I've seen show the 9800 pro and 9800 XT's beating NVIDIA's best with this game. Not that NVIDIA can't make a good card, but for now ATI is ahead.

After the fiasco where 3D Mark showed the flaws in NVIDIA's current cards about 6 months before Valve announced it to the world, and NVIDIA tried to point the finger at 3D Mark saying their benchmark is coded to favor ATI cards I don't trust them at all. I think the whole "made for NVIDIA" gig went like this....
nvidia marketing - "Crytek?"
Crytek - "Yes?"
N.M. - "Does FarCry run on NVIDIA cards?"
C. - "Yeah"
N.M. - "SLAP THE MADE FOR NVIDIA STICKER ON GUYS!"

Ralo
03-28-2004, 04:55 AM
UK Game runs fine for me off the DVD version (it's crap to say the DVD versions cause problems - they didn't for UT2004 and they don't for this).

I'm having more problems getting the Sandbox Editor to run...

Alienware Aurora
AMD 3200+XP
1GB DDR Ram
Nvidia FX9050 256MB
120GB HD

Lt2step
03-28-2004, 06:27 AM
I wonder how many of the people with Pentiums having problems use a MB with a via or sis chipsets?

My preference when building a computer is the intel chipset because I know it's going to be stable. I've had no luck with via or sis when it comes to building a stable trouble free system.

It's only a game
but it makes my heart race just the same.
Comp Specs
P4 2.7 Ghz 533fsb
1GB Kingston PC3200
Gforce3 Ti500 128mb (56.64)
Asus P4PE 533fsb MBoard
Soundblaster Live 5.1
Maxtor 80gb ata133

Process73
03-28-2004, 06:35 AM
As said in this thread before, I think almost all problems can be traced back to the complainer's own computer.

It runs flawlessly on my system, no problems whatsoever. It's a DVD version, startup takes about 15 seconds etc etc.

A7N8X deluxe
Barton 2800+ (overclocked)
Radeon 9600Pro (VERY overclocked)
1300 megs of memory

I just keep the drivers up-to-date, which is something most of the people never do.

I feel bad for the tech support people...