PDA

View Full Version : ravenshield.log

XyZspineZyX
11-24-2003, 12:27 PM
on the continuing path to try and sort my bad fps in RVS, i have just done a defrag, when viewing the report on the most fragmented files, the No1 was the 'Ravenshield.log'.. looking at this file its also a 30mb.. obviously it is a log file, making a log of the game.. but anyone know what for? what happens if i delete it, or does rvs do that automatically when it gets to big? also being as its so big could that be why my pc is running so slow in RVS if its being constantly accessed?

XyZspineZyX
11-24-2003, 12:27 PM
on the continuing path to try and sort my bad fps in RVS, i have just done a defrag, when viewing the report on the most fragmented files, the No1 was the 'Ravenshield.log'.. looking at this file its also a 30mb.. obviously it is a log file, making a log of the game.. but anyone know what for? what happens if i delete it, or does rvs do that automatically when it gets to big? also being as its so big could that be why my pc is running so slow in RVS if its being constantly accessed?

XyZspineZyX
11-24-2003, 12:51 PM
OFF TOPIC have u tried all the ini. tweaks to get better fps. and have u tried making ur netspeed higher i run my netspeed at 8500 not the 4000 it came set at which putting it at 8500 gave me about 20 more fps

XyZspineZyX
11-24-2003, 02:53 PM
yup.. still no luck though.. game used to be accepptable its just last few weeks gone reall choppy, but nothing has changed either on servers i use or on my system, that was y i wondered if it could be the log getting to full or somthing.

XyZspineZyX
11-24-2003, 05:08 PM
Yes you can delete the log file but it will not make any differance to your FPS.The next time you run RS the log file will be rewritten!

XyZspineZyX
11-24-2003, 10:11 PM
have you tried the pb_writecfg in consule command?

it helped alot of us out a few weeks ago.

<embed src="http://www3.telus.net/public/jezter14/misc/sigs/cue/cue.swf" quality="high" wmode= "Transparent" width="350" height="75">