PDA

View Full Version : Bugs I have found

XyZspineZyX
11-01-2003, 09:04 PM
1. Position a tin can in front of a locker door. Open the door and an infinite tinny noise, stream of sparks, and blue light will erupt. Sometimes the game will totally freeze during this. Many cans can be used.
2. Put a body on a body and watch it "float"
3. Go through the vents to the general's cell fast enough and you will see a frozen clip of the solder during the first few seconds of the "amnesia."
4. Go through the vents to the general's cell fast enough and you will be able to shoot the "idiot" solder before or after he opens the door. You will be free to shoot all the enemies outside before releasing the General if he does open it!
When you do release the general, he says "look at this 'idiot'" even though the "idiot" is lying dead right next to him. When you're supposed to kill the "idiot" the general says "lets take care of him- ready son?" and quickly "well done!"
5. The general does not yell at you for shooting him, he just says "ow". If you block the general's path, he slides around and says nothing.
6. Misc. at one point the general got stuck in the gate before the stairs.
7. The subtitles rarely match up with the actual speech.

XyZspineZyX
11-01-2003, 09:04 PM
1. Position a tin can in front of a locker door. Open the door and an infinite tinny noise, stream of sparks, and blue light will erupt. Sometimes the game will totally freeze during this. Many cans can be used.
2. Put a body on a body and watch it "float"
3. Go through the vents to the general's cell fast enough and you will see a frozen clip of the solder during the first few seconds of the "amnesia."
4. Go through the vents to the general's cell fast enough and you will be able to shoot the "idiot" solder before or after he opens the door. You will be free to shoot all the enemies outside before releasing the General if he does open it!
When you do release the general, he says "look at this 'idiot'" even though the "idiot" is lying dead right next to him. When you're supposed to kill the "idiot" the general says "lets take care of him- ready son?" and quickly "well done!"
5. The general does not yell at you for shooting him, he just says "ow". If you block the general's path, he slides around and says nothing.
6. Misc. at one point the general got stuck in the gate before the stairs.
7. The subtitles rarely match up with the actual speech.

XyZspineZyX
11-01-2003, 09:06 PM
Mistake on number two
It should say
2. put a body on a "BOX"
and also, I forgot one
8. You can pile an infinite number of bodies on each other, they take up the same area.

XyZspineZyX
11-01-2003, 11:46 PM
And some more...
When doing the can thing near the locker door thing, shoot it for MASSIVE slowdown and probable computer failure.

9. Many objects and walls have bigger areas than they appear. For instance, shooting a can in any place but the middle does not move it at all. Walls often have larger areas than they should, making sniping around corners a *****.

10. If you get into Carrington's cell without him seeing you, you can run over to the door an zoom in on him... His head is IN the bed.

11. At one point I shot the "idiot" with a shotgun right after he opened the door. He did not fall down onto the ground, but dropped his gun and berret (sp?). I could actually walk through his body and see it from his hollow insides. After clearing out the hall I picked him up and dropped him on a box, like one of my earlier glitches. He was rather hilariously suspended over the a box like a floating manakin.

12. Don't kill the "idiot."After freeing Carrington, let him go through his usual routine. But when you are supposed to kill the "idiot" DON'T. If you don't kill him, sometimes he just closes the door and runs away. This leaves you trapped with Carrington in a corner and the "idiot" waiting for you to come out from an un-unlockable door. You'll have to restart as there is no way out of this situation.

And some new ones (zurrah!)

13. You can be killed beneath the elevator door by standing under it. It's quite ridiculous, XIII, one man army, killed by an elevator door- lovely.

14. The life guard in level one has an area that reaches well above her head. Try punching/shooting in the area at eye level above her and watch blood come from a wall. This has a direct effect on gameplay because it makes it harder to kill the man armed with the .44, for you must make sure you are clear of the invisible wall above her head.

15. Put a body in the elevator on level two. Watch the body when you hit the button and... you'll see what I mean. (I only did this with the undead-dead guy near the elevator (the one who dies in the sequence) by lobbing a grenade near him, I'm not sure about solder's bodies.)

16. Try crouching while carrying a body. You don't actually get any lower, but you lose half your speed as usual.

Not to mention carrying the body in the first place reduces your speed by half. Snails can't crawl slower.

17. When Carrignton says "here's your HF transmitter." his voice is distinctly different. Just strange.

Message Edited on 11/05/0305:04PM by The_ki11er

XyZspineZyX
11-03-2003, 05:27 PM
I also found on 'The Beach' level that if you go onto one of the boats in the water, you can't get back off. I had to Escape out b/c I couldn't go forward, back, side-to-side, or jump. I could turn and shoot things that came into my field of view, but couldn't get off the boat.

I spent my ammo taking potshots at the helicopter when it would swing by ... eventually, it exploded after 20+ direct hits.